If they brought Drive-in cinemas to Perth...

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
I went the other day! Definitely wish i got there earlier to get a closer spot though! Packed a little smorgas board of food and snacks and a few sneaky beveraginos!! ;)
They screen double features so need to be careful with your car battery while using your radio though I’ve given thought to finding a decent battery powered boom box to use.

The double features make it a great value night out.👌

jebradio

Gold Member
Innaloo used to be my local went there plenty of times ... always fun cuddling up to my girl with her short skirt on... and out in the country... seeing the relatives in Kojonup.. drive in every Friday with the farm boys and girls..

LongHair

Legend Member
Innaloo used to be my local went there plenty of times ... always fun cuddling up to my girl with her short skirt on... and out in the country... seeing the relatives in Kojonup.. drive in every Friday with the farm boys and girls..
Yep been there too ! :)

In there day they where huge, family car loads, friends car loads, going on dates, every weekend you would go to the drive Ins if you had nothing else to do. For those who do not know, there was always a CAFE attached to each Drive-in as well as bathroom-facilities.
The audio was terrible, LOL, I remember watching and listening to Led Zepplin, there first touring movie.
Visually great under the moon light, audio was bad, LOL
Yeah they were fun,a mate of mine drove off forgetting to wind the window down and replace the speaker,didnt realize until he got home

No idea what to do

Legend Member
In the younger day's, the drive-ins I went to where also known as
👌The Finger Bowl🖕

Yes, A decked out HZ Sandman with a 308 and a an Aussie 4 speed was the way to drag the chick's

:excited: The Frenchman:excited:

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
In the younger day's, the drive-ins I went to where also known as
👌The Finger Bowl🖕

Yes, A decked out HZ Sandman with a 308 and a an Aussie 4 speed was the way to drag the chick's

:excited: The Frenchman:excited:

A Sandman with a 308 was also was called, "The Baby Maker", this is why their popularity was very short lived.

sludgie

Gold Member
The great sticker on the Sandman's was " if this van is rockin' don't bother knockin' " and also " don't laugh, it could be your daughter in here"

Parkline, Riverline, Highline? Waverley were well frequented by me in my youth. At one stage I had an old Austin 1800 ( the land crab) and the front seats could be pushed forward and laid down to the same level as the rear seats to make a double mattress so " almost as good as a Sand man ( NOT )

Saggynutz

Gold Member
Be pretty hard to compete today.
Speakers were terrible, but good for kids as there was usually a playground they could wear themselves out on, and you got TWO movies!
Dad had a panel van so we threw a mattress in the back and reversed in the parking spot.
If you are not familiar the parking area has a series of humps running parallel to the screen, and you park your car so the end facing the screen is raised.
They are bringing back drive ins with new style cafes and car charging stations

Good idea to keep people distracted while waiting for there car to recharge. You probably rent a movie online and it plays through the car screen or something.