How many Sex Partners have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

sees the best in everyone
Foundation Member
lost count of real people but my imagination has countless amount lol

2curiousperth

muffler85: it's not sad, actually depending on how you calculate the average number of sex partners that most people have had, it's one (if you use the mode - for those who have forgotten their primary school maths, that means the most common number of sex partners across all the people surveyed).

On the other hand the mean number of sex partners (for maths dunces that's the total number of partners divided by the total number of respondents) is around 12 for men, but less than 20% have actually had that many. How does that work? Well, it's because a few guys have had a lot more than 12 (like, hundreds), and most of the rest have had only a handful - so it averages out in between.

To complicate things, guys report having had more sex partners on average than girls (who have around 7; though again, this doesn't mean that most women have had that many). But logically, leaving aside homosexuality for now, that can't be right: the mean number of partners should be around the same for both sexes. The usual explanation is that men tend to over-estimate, and women tend to under-estimate.

cat in the hat

Foundation Member
for myself I think it was 18 or 19 actual intercourse partners from the age of 17 until 26, when I met my now wife. She being 9 years older had chalked up a few more but that's for her to tell. It gets better after that due to an interesting relationship we have with another couple, but that's another story other than my stats for penetration - apologies for beng clinical - haven't changed (yet, fingers crossed!!!!)

2curiousperth

mine will be sadest at zero :(

I used to be a regular on the alt.support.shyness newsgroup (probably nobody here remembers Usenet, but it was like a Web form before the Web even existed; though you can access newsgroups over the Web at Link is broken so has been taken down and it was not uncommon for the guys there to be virgins at your age or even older.

I wasn't one, but I was close, with about six years between drinks at one stage. As far as I know the group's still going and it's a good place for shy guys to swap stories and advice (and also to gripe and moan a bit, admittedly). The guys there will totally relate to you, probably more than many of the people here for whom getting sex and/or love is easy.

Maybe we could start a separate thread on this since it's a bit off-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WAcowgirl

i have no idea how many on my list, to hazard a guess less than a 100 more than 30 haha...i was a bit wild for a couple years when i worked on cattle stations, i was fit and i knew how to work it! plus i lived in areas where a single girl was a rarity so that helped!! haha

M

Malmensa

Not sure your "Geek" stereotype works... I consider myself a geek, I have had group sex & Mensa parties, and got laid at Microsoft product launches. Most geeks I know bang like dunny doors. The brain is our largest & most important sexual organ, why would those of us with a big, powerful one not use it?

J

jakb1

sorry to offend malmensa. just trying to make light of the situation and give a laugh. Thanks Tempt me for the comment. like i said very happy with our sex life and we are trying to decide if we want to take it further together. But can i just say to Tempt me.... WOW on the pic.

T

TemptMe

Thank you for your lovely comment on my pic..The taking it further is a new thing for me but we are enjoying our fun together...

S

sexiness

A healthy life this thread has had - time to close and start a new one if the topic arises again

Status
Not open for further replies.