Harry Langtrees Transporter BLOG

D

Driver Harry

:notworthy
Just read this on Perthnow....

http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/more-competition-lower-costs-for-wa-energy/story-e6frg2r3-1226459950717

Oh yeah it's worked out really cheap in every state so far LMFAO, love this paragraph

"Energy Minister Peter Collier today launched the final, long-term paper on the development of WA’s energy sector – Strategic Energy Initiative, Energy2031 – which was drawn up following extensive consultation with industry and stakeholders."
stakeholders=shareholders, yes they know everything and will put our needs and not profits first.

And wait there is more
"However APPEA chief operating officer Western Region Stedman Ellis warned the pre-existing domestic gas reservation policy was a significant roadblock.

"However, the Domestic Gas Reservation Policy remains a significant intervention in a rapidly changing energy market which is at odds with long term policy settings intended to encourage further investment, attract new market entrants and deliver diversity of supply,” he said.

“The best way to ensure the growing demand will be met is to let the market operate free from intervention so it can provide Western Australians with long-term, secure supplies of affordable energy.”

Yeah 15% we could be selling at top dollar so I get my fat bonus.

We call New Zealander's "sheep shaggers" but the joke is on us as Aussies are sheep!!!:tearyeyed

The haZ

D

Driver Harry

As most know I do a lot of driving around Perth with our ladies, and I see heaps of Liberal offices with no furniture just the lights burning and posters inside, so my question is how do I talk to my local? Liberal or Labour.
They want my vote but I only see them at Election time in my local Mall, do they work from home.
So next time your out and about see for yourself...empty office, empty suit inside usually collates to an empty promise.

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Fully agree. I think for most of them the only support they give to the local economy is the renting of some office space.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Why talk to any of them you answers will be lies and verbal bullshit.
They are ALL only interested in how deep they can get their snout in the public trough and how to not get caught out on their corrupt deals.
Ooops corruption is now called Lobying and political donations!!

Maxxy

Silver Member
Listening to Adolf Barnett on the ABC radio the other week you or anyone else can talk to your local Liberal member "but" they are forbidden from talking about policies or potential pollicies, basically all you can do is ask how they are going and talk about mundane things like the weather etc... So my question to Adolf is that if we can't ask them about the policies they are voting on (on our behalf) what possible use can they be other than being little more than oxygen thieves??? I would imagine the other mob would be much the same...

T

Tania Admin

Personally I really like Julia, if we get a new one we will be slanging at them within 12 months. Lets cut to the chase ,so why not save heaps of tax payers money that would be being used to fund the elections and use it instead to help fund the areas which really need more help, hospitals, senior citizens, schools etc etc.
Seems pretty clever to me.

Fudd

Foundation Member
...well, I was keeping this quiet....until I read this thread. I've actually nominated to stand as an Independent at the forthcoming elections. Why am I doing so, simple....I've had enough of the antics of the main political parties. I'm a realist and know that my chances are slim as I'll be going up against the "party machines" but, if successful, I hope to emulate those immortal words from the late Senator Don Chipp "....keep the bastards honest...."

Oh, and if I do get in and that bastard Prostitution Bill rears its ugly head.....I'll be doing my best to see it defeated!!!.... :)

N

Naughty Thoughts

Anytime politics comes up, I always think of poor Peter Garrett. He went in to politics with the best of intentions and once he was in, he found out the way it works is you follow the party line - or you're out. The hardest challenge is reaching old age without becoming cynical...

Happy2

Legend Member
...well, I was keeping this quiet....until I read this thread. I've actually nominated to stand as an Independent at the forthcoming elections. Why am I doing so, simple....I've had enough of the antics of the main political parties. I'm a realist and know that my chances are slim as I'll be going up against the "party machines" but, if successful, I hope to emulate those immortal words from the late Senator Don Chipp "....keep the bastards honest...."

Oh, and if I do get in and that bastard Prostitution Bill rears its ugly head.....I'll be doing my best to see it defeated!!!.... :)

Glad you have finally come out of the closet Mr Fudd

D

Driver Harry

Cnr Reynolds and Canning hwy, applecross opposite maccas

Maxxy nailed it.

Honestly I would vote for Costello in a heartbeat... that's coming from an ex trade unionist!
I just want an honest pollie in my lifetime....... and to have a beer with Santa :))))
Can't even vote for greens! Independents do seem the go but ruling parties will make your life a misery and yeah for Oil's Garrett he was part of my education watching them in Sydney pubs, now I feel duped.

Last edited by a moderator:

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Costello !! The best prime minister we never had.
Pity the Libs saw the GFC comming and bailed before he had his time.

One attempted comeback was squashed by Abbott and cronies.

The Libs in Fed politics will just be another cluster fuck.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
WA Erection a hard on to be had by pollies. Ads and campaign to fuel their erection promises...Lib or Lab. Which way will the erection swing? Libby or Labby?

Smoggy

Foundation Member
I spoke with the local Liberal member about two years ago and found him very helpful. Evidently some Labor members were supporting him but some in his own party were against his private members bill. It was interesting to look into the workings of government and it isnt always as portrayed in the media.

T

Tania Admin

Not long now Harry, I think by the end of the week the Great Easter Highway will be finished and all lanes opened. I'm definitely looking forward to the driving experience :)

Happy2

Legend Member
Not long now Harry, I think by the end of the week the Great Easter Highway will be finished and all lanes opened. I'm definitely looking forward to the driving experience :)

Open in a week ??? Ever the optimist Tania (but hope you are right)

Tannerone

Gold Member
It was opened this morning and it's great. So frustrating for the last couple of years, but it all looks as if it was worth it - at least until next year when it will need more lanes as usual. It's like the Freeways - extend them and you simply move the jam further and then need to add more lanes, causing more chaos. Encouragement to use Public Transport (if it was properly provided) is the only way to go.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
It was opened this morning and it's great.

WOW.........I still can't believe it until I actually drive along Great Eastern Hwy. It has been there for so long it must be weird without the construction going on and on and on.
As to the traffic problem in general.......guess Perth missed the boat. The city should have catered far earlier for additional public transport opportunities and general traffic management. As soon as the new hospital is fully operational the traffic along the freeway will be horrid. It is already now. Out of no apparent reason there has been a traffic jam nearly every Saturday morning.
Well.....maybe 'on your bike' is a welcoming alternative...............hehehehe or back to horses???????

R.xxxxxxx

T

Tania Admin

Wow, and here I was thinking it wouldn't be done until the end of the week. Driving into work on Great Easter Highway today was a dream. Awesome job they have done.

Fudd

Foundation Member
...well, looks like Col & his mates have secured a second term. Congrats to him & his team.

As for me, I learnt a few things but, overall, standing as a candidate was a humbling experience and I thank those voters who voted for me. Will I do this again....never say never!!!.....lol..... :)

Happy2

Legend Member
Onya Fudd So many on here whinge and bitch about the government and/or the opposition But None of us do anything about it
At least you have had a crack at it

C

colzilla

My great grandfather was a Nazi minister. Wondering if I should have a go next time.

C

colzilla

Please explain?... He was one of the higher ups though.

The Right Honourable Colzilladrillakilla Minister For Punting

C

colzilla

Did you do your informal vote today Mr2?

My cousin was told today at is local polling booth that his informal vote was the quickest that anyone had seen. Got his name ticked off folded his ballot papers then put them in the ballot box then was out the door.

Happy2

Legend Member
No I was a good boy and filled out my two forms Voted for Fudd on both of them Just wrote his name at the bottom of the form

ecchimiki

Gold Member

Well, with Adele Carles now put out to pastures, that's one problem gone, but with the Libs now with a greater majority and ever more whackiness, I guess this will come back now that the election's over... :(

C

colzilla

I wish us informal voters could do it from the comfort of our own homes.