A Scorpion......... in suburbia?

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
If I saw one IRL I won't know what to do, run, call for help or laugh from the stupidity of it. But making it a reality in this day and ages is much easier with Booze and a lot of strong super glue. LoL.
Just think what the hospital folks will think and say. LoL
I encountered one IRL not a human one in the middle of the night. It was massive with snappers either end
I could not tell its head from its backside. The noise of it work me up and it frightened the daylights out of me
I run got my shoes on and armed with a can of mortein the bugger still would not die. I got the broom and started whacking it

A

Annoyance

That's not too bad I remember my first experience with an adult sized huntsman. Humungous was the thought and un-killable with a basketball.

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
We have them here in SA
One of my sons had a black scorpion in his pocket when he was little. Pulled it out going look what I found.
They are common arachnids found in gardens and forests throughout Australia

In India The Red Indian scorpion is deadly to humans .
There is 5 dangerous scorpions found there
Scorpions are arthropods not arachnids, they only have six legs. Se arthropods are lobsters and yabbies! Arthropods are insects and dwell land and sea.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Scorpions are arthropods not arachnids, they only have six legs. Se arthropods are lobsters and yabbies! Arthropods are insects and dwell land and sea.
Well if that's the case The Australia Museum must be wrong honey lol plus none of what you said makes any sense

ellavougex

Gold Member
View attachment 78759 View attachment 78760
My cats found it on my outdoor patio, so freaky to see one in the flesh! Exoskeleton perhaps. Has anyone else seen one in their backyard? The scorpion freaked me out so much that I was throwing all 4 cats back inside the house! Killed it by crushing it with a leg of a chair. Still perplexed at seeing one, so close!

Yep that's just the start of the craziness that WA summer has to offer. Goodness they are so scary when they put that tail up. Also earwigs ewww!

SS. xx

Miss Monique

Legend Member
All so Arthropods are divided into 4 major groups being
  • insects
  • myriapods (including centipedes and millipedes);
  • arachnids (including spiders, mites and scorpions);
  • crustaceans (including slaters, prawn and crabs).
And scorpions have 8 legs not 6
As part of my children's homeschooling be studied invertebrate animals

T

Tania Admin

I wonder if they have scorpion in India? The bite can be dangerous but at what level, do they cause deaths?
Only certain scorpions are nasty, like the Red ones in India that were mentioned . Most just inflict a wee sting like a bee sting.

Scorpions are quite common everywhere. When I lived in Perth suburbs we used to find them in the bath and shower a lot. They would come up the drains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy2

Legend Member
Only certain scorpions are nasty, like the Red ones in India that were mentioned . Most just inflict a wee sting like a bee sting.

Scorpions are quote common everywhere. When I lived in Perth suburbs we used to find them in the bath and shower a lot. They would come up the drains.
They certainly are common
And the one pictured definitely was one
But I am always surprised at how many people have conniptions when they are actually seeing a poor ol earwig in their bath

T

Tania Admin

They certainly are common
And the one pictured definitely was one
But I am always surprised at how many people have conniptions when they are actually seeing a poor ol earwig in their bath
Earwigs are freaky looking. Do they actually go in people's ears I wonder?

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
Scorpions are not aggressively attacking or persuing. I think it would have just disappeared again......unless you step on it.
It looked like it was only trying to get out again, but upon my return from work it was still there so it met its maker under a chair leg. I hope it didn't have a family somewhere!!

T

Tania Admin

Certainly prefer seeing a scorpion than a centipede If you've been stung by a centipede you won't forget it :eek:
I know when I used to collect firewood in the hills (yes I had a permit) we would see these huge centerpedes, bright orange or yellow, sometimes, no exaggeration, they were 30 cms long. I never got stung thank goodness.

T

Tania Admin

Luckily no centipede sting for me so far. Only had the "pleasure" to be stung by a bull ant.......not pleasant.
I remember being stung/bitten by inch ants when I was at a school camp many moons ago. Hurt like a b#^ch!

T

Tania Admin

Hmmmm, i got to thinking if there are any fetishes involving stings/bites from these type of critters? I might just have to peruse Google.

Edit*
And there we have it:

Definition - What does Melissaphilia mean?
Melissaphilia is a sexual attraction to bees, wasps, and other stinging insects. This preference is a specific branch of zoophilia, which is a sexual attraction to non-human animals.
The term melissaphilia is a combination of the Ancient Greek word melissa, meaning honey bee, and philia, meaning love.
Melissaphilia is sometimes spelled melissophilia.

Though I'm still looking to see if ants and scorpion fetishes are around/have a name.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Hmmmm, i got to thinking if there are any fetishes involving stings/bites from these type of critters? I might just have to peruse Google.

Edit*
And there we have it:

Definition - What does Melissaphilia mean?
Melissaphilia is a sexual attraction to bees, wasps, and other stinging insects. This preference is a specific branch of zoophilia, which is a sexual attraction to non-human animals.
The term melissaphilia is a combination of the Ancient Greek word melissa, meaning honey bee, and philia, meaning love.
Melissaphilia is sometimes spelled melissophilia.

Though I'm still looking to see if ants and scorpion fetishes are around/have a name.
I am sure there would be and possible form part of BDSM or could be used in extreme forms of it
I always find it interesting the history of the words origin

phred333

Gold Member
Scorpions are quite common in WA but mostly stay out of sight. We used to get heaps in a pool that had an opaque cover. They obviously crawled under the edge of the cover thinking it's nice shelter then went too far and ended up in the pool.