• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Womens Tennis Final

G

Gentleman

I see that the two ladies that made it to the Australian Open final in Melbourne are both grunters. It will be interesting to hear who makes the most noise while they are playing.

Demon

Legend Member
Probably loader than the fireworks which held up tonight's match for 10 minutes.

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
I was watching the match the other day with Maria Sharapova and they had the sound decibels on her, they said its hard to believe its only a just under ACDC when there playing.
Just imagine if she was half like that in bed ::)

Demon

Legend Member
I was watching the match the other day with Maria Sharapova and they had the sound decibels on her, they said its hard to believe its only a just under ACDC when there playing.
Just imagine if she was half like that in bed ::)

Its all an act on court to distract her opponent, and umpires, so her bed performance is probably an insincere act as well.

As John Newcombe has said "It is cheating, why don;t the officials do something about it?"

F

Farm Boy

If you nailed Sharapovea to a tree by the nipples and whipped her she could not give a louder Shrek .

cammando755

Silver Member
The tennis is annoying to watch when they grunt. The officials should ha e stamped it out when Monica Seles ( I think it was her), started grunting all those years ago.

I do believe sharapova would be a star fish in bed, and would barely make a whimper.

Demon

Legend Member
Jimmy Connors was noisy before Seles.

Tennis has been wimpy for decades. The history of tennis rackets is possibly the most obvious area.

Players are hitting the ball much faster than even earlier this century, due to technology.

It means that the ball is coming so fast from the serve that too many serves cannot be returned, which makes the game more boring than it could be.

Worldwide tennis following and playing has collapsed. (e.g. Wimbledon now shown late at night in Aust instead of live). I very rarely watch, wjereas I used to watch every match which was televised and regularly attended the Aust Open. I used to play pennant tennis in Perth (with a couple of titles), so was not just a casual interest in the game. Played with and against some Wimbledon champs (never as a winner, except if partnering one of them, which was rare).

Happy2

Legend Member
Jimmy Connors was noisy before Seles.

Tennis has been wimpy for decades. The history of tennis rackets is possibly the most obvious area.

Players are hitting the ball much faster than even earlier this century, due to technology.

It means that the ball is coming so fast from the serve that too many serves cannot be returned, which makes the game more boring than it could be.

Worldwide tennis following and playing has collapsed. (e.g. Wimbledon now shown late at night in Aust instead of live). I very rarely watch, wjereas I used to watch every match which was televised and regularly attended the Aust Open. I used to play pennant tennis in Perth (with a couple of titles), so was not just a casual interest in the game. Played with and against some Wimbledon champs (never as a winner, except if partnering one of them, which was rare).

As you say demon Technology. I mean they altered the tennis ball itself once Just to try and level the field a bit But racquet technology soon overtook that innovation

N

Naughty Thoughts

I remember that, they made the tennis balls a little bit bigger so the increased surface area of the hair would slow down the balls a bit. Or something like that.

Happy2

Legend Member
With the lady players screaming Why not see if making them play 5 sets would make a difference. There stamina /energy may have to be focused back into the game

smarquin

Diamond Member
Well ... Sharapova's Ex-BF, claimed she is like a dead frog in bed ... Its definitely what you think as on the court ... He was the ice hockey player ...

Demon

Legend Member
Well ... Sharapova's Ex-BF, claimed she is like a dead frog in bed ... Its definitely what you think as on the court ... He was the ice hockey player ...

Fudd, there are some relatives of dead frogs wishing to launch a class action suit. Insulting their ancestors. Can you represent them?

F

Farm Boy

But just wait for those summer thunderstorms ,then hop over

J

jaxonjorja

I can handle a grunt here and there from a huge effort put in, but the high pitched shrieks from the women is ridiculous! As a ex-pennants player myself, I've grunted on occasion, but to grunt / shriek for a drop shot or straight forward backhand is almost laughable. An awesome match last night between the 2 best going around at the moment, and dare I say it but my favourite, Raffa, was grunting.

Demon, I think you'll find that the 4 majors have had record attendances for at least the last couple of years! From my memory going right back to childhood days (when I too would watch every match), the first week of Wimbledon would be delayed, and then week 2 & especially the finals would be live. Delaying the broadcasts, I believe, has far less to do with interest, and far more to do with potential TV networks scheduling conflicts with the eastern states.

Demon

Legend Member
The attendances at the events are due to increased capacity, but TV viewers have been falling throughout the world.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
So, we need ear-plugs tomorrow........I feared that much. Was hoping Clijsters would make it into the final....just to make it easier on the audience.
Sharapova is a grunter while I would describe Azarenka as a moaner......so it will GRUNT - MOAN........GRUNT - MOAN.......GRUNT - MOAN for at least two sets.....maybe 3.
True grunting has been around before Sharapova but she is definitely the noisiest one. Apparently more decibels than a chainsaw.
LOL smarquin.....was wondering if Sharapova is noisy in bed as well.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

S

simon32

Defiantly not watching it, Sharapova sounds like she is being murdered, or getting fucked really well.. lol

Demon

Legend Member
This morning's Australian Financial Review page 3, John Newcombe calls it 'legalised cheating'.

F

Farm Boy

Well the girls did a bit of grunting/screaming /vocalising whatever but an the end of the day one of them could say .,

" I AM THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT I DO.

How many can say that?

Happy2

Legend Member
How can it be cheating if the Tennis authorities have the power to sanction them but wont
Are they to scared or indifferent?
Personally I am indifferent to tennis now. I would watch finals etc if a Aussie was playing And I used to watch a fair bit of ladies tennis But now their screaming doesn't worry me because their screaming made me turn off And they lost me, one less viewer

Demon

Legend Member
How can it be cheating if the Tennis authorities have the power to sanction them but wont
Are they to scared or indifferent?
Personally I am indifferent to tennis now. I would watch finals etc if a Aussie was playing And I used to watch a fair bit of ladies tennis But now their screaming doesn't worry me because their screaming made me turn off And they lost me, one less viewer

Weak is the answer. Cricket authorities do nothing about slow over rates either. MS Dhoni's pathetic one match suspension was for a massive over rate issue. Every day the over rate is below the MINIMUM, and nothing is done. It is also called cheating. If you don't bowl they can't score.

I watch both sports less than I used to. Only if I have nothing better to do.

My last live tennis match was a Shoutapova match in Melbourne a few years ago. Finished me off. I used to attend live every year.

But when the crowd whispers 100m away at the top of the stands the players stop and glare and the weak ump says "quiet please".

The only way to stop it is for the crowd to make a noise as loud as the players all the time. Best is the crowd yells 'quiet please' every time one of the cheats screams.

Happy2

Legend Member
The only way to stop it is for the crowd to make a noise as loud as the players all the time. Best is the crowd yells 'quiet please' every time one of the cheats screams.

I would love to see/hear that I think the cartoon inside the back page reiterated exactly what you said too
You didn't draw it did you Demon?

Demon

Legend Member
I would love to see/hear that I think the cartoon inside the back page reiterated exactly what you said too
You didn't draw it did you Demon?

Which cartoon in which paper? Shithouse Times? (But watch for the ink on your butt)

Demon

Legend Member
PS. At the match I attended some of the crowd did complain by yelling 'quiet please'. Shoutapova complained about the crowd behaviour, and the weak and useless officials did nothing. Lost me to all tennis forever. Once their nanosecond attention span bimbos stop following the game the game is over.

All prize money can only be afforded due to govt handouts to the sport. People forget that.

Notice that ACCC is ivestingating the lies told by the sailing championships in Freo over the 500,000 spectators. Misled traders to set up and lose money. A trader made an official complaint. Need more of this about the sport handouts.

J

jaxonjorja

Love it! I'll remember that for when I attend next years, Hopman Cup & Aussie Open.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Talking price money etc.......should the girls have to play 3 winning sets as well?......just to be fair (noise and grunts and moans aside)!

R.xxxxxxxxxx