• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muzz

Bronze Member
What is it that drives people to end their life?
A marriage breakdown?
A unhappy working life?
A rejection?
A betrayal?
Financial difficulties?

What point does someone decide,
That Death is a better option?

So that the Soul
Can be free of suffering.
I used to think ppl that took there own life where weak I think i got this opinion from my dad, that was until one day the cops where at mums I shit thinking it was a raid an hid, mums bf come found me an told me to come the home after a selfish argument I went there the cops said bluntly ur dads dead. I was as most ppl would be numb then pissed as no note nothing he had drank chlorine an died slowly, he always said they ppl don't think about the mess of the death i.e car crash what ever so I think he chose a way where to him its wouldn't be a traumatic for 1st responders, 5 years later an I still get choked up think about it, he had just seen in the last year 2 very good mates die a very slow painful death from cancer an i can remember him saying "they wouldn't have any value of life an to them they would rather be gone an not putting there family through the slow pain situation" I'm great mates with both his mates sons an have spoken many a times about the fact of saying good bye an really i know I've got un answered Q's but they seen there farther dye slowly over a long time, I spoke to my dad the night before an thinking about it now he said good bye I just at the time didn't know it, do I wish he didn't do it bloody oath do I wish I could say a proper good bye Yes but after the answer I just gave who is more selfish? me! its his life he always said he wanted to just set use boys up an he certainly did that very well, its there life there the boss as long as the person has given it a red hot go an not still young where shit could change for better any time then the selfish act would be me wishing he had of stayed alive in hospital in the worst state just so I could ask a few Q's it took me 4 years to see it like this an it'll take me to be 6ft under to not think about him but in the end he did it in my opinion protect us from feeling that helpless feeling watching him die slowly not being able to help apart from sponge or feed him

muzz

Bronze Member
i been close myself in the head but too gutless to act as really the only time i was happy was with a subsance still to this day ppl say when on topic that I'm a better person not dealing or cosuming but to me sometimes i just want to get away from me but hanging in there trying to take the pos in an filter the neg out its not easy at all but i come to conclusion what else is there
\

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
The most recent Australian data (ABS, Causes of Death, 2012) reports deaths due to suicide at 2,535. The overall suicide rate in 2012 was 11.0 per 100,000, compared to the 2011 rate of 9.9 per 100,000. In 2012, 1,901 males (16.8 per 100,000) and 634 females (5.6 per 100,000) died by suicide

And this is on the back of 25-30 years of uninterrupted growth in Australia we were all told we were all rich, happy and everything was rosy here, we were after all the lucky country. We have sunny skies, peaceful nation, no war, no conflict, really a country that doesn't upset too many around the world, except on the sporting arena, so why in blanket terms in Australia is the Suicide rate climbing?

Nomansland

Gold Member
I agree with so much of what is said. This is not a simple subject. As Phoebe said the whole thing of what men are expected to do and be puts all sorts of stress on them for which they often do not have the tools to deal with. Our society has evolved to point where the needed skill set is one that women are better at. The hunter and warrior aren't needed (except to defend the borders) nurturers are.
A colleague of mine was going through a bad divorce and I became concerned. He wasn't looking after himself so I would bring in extra at lunch to feed him. I did other things to help and he eventually talked to me. The response to this from some of my female colleagues astonished me. "What's this a bromance?" "You're spoiling him" etc. Not acting inside their perception of the male norm seemed to made them uncomfortable. My male colleagues said little in general conversation but were supportive of my efforts in private. Be a man Man up what does that mean now. We need clearer role models for our young men to reduce the suicide rate.

Nomansland

Gold Member
As to my thoughts on suicide itself they are complicated.

Death and I have more than nodding acquaintance. I am a recreational scuba diver and have shaken his hand 3 times once through my inexperience and stupidity once through equipment failure and once because the sea changed. I know I will die one day and most likely it will be in the sea but not today (the weather is too bad to go diving).

I have found so far that emotional pain is worse than physical pain. i have contemplated suicide in the past due to emotional pain but what right do I have to inflict that on my extended family to whom I am rock and refuge?

There are worse things than being dead.
I have watched a loved grandfather slowly wither away eaten from the inside by cancer. It was ugly and dehumanizing. More horrifying was seeing the death of a mind through stroke of another grandparent and have the body linger on until death released us all. In these circumstances I would wish to minimize the pain to those I care about. In these circumstances I am arrogant enough to wish to choose the time and manner of my passing. If the circumstances arise that it was myself or those I care for or are responsible for I hope I would have the courage to put myself in harms way to save them.

Outside of these circumstance then I think I would wait and see what the new day brings.

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
Depression affects different people in different ways, some it is a medical imbalance, some its life experiences, others alcohol and or drugs, illness, isolation social or family rejection and some have just had enough of the struggle that some have to endure, the reasons are endless.
I think sometimes when people suicide they are not actually thinking, they are past that they just want the pain to end. Some don't really want to and a cry for help can go very wrong.
One should never judge why some one chooses to take their life as for some that's the only thing they feel they really have some control over.
When someone is at that point they often don't think of the pain they will cause their loved one because their pain is so great they can't see beyond that.
I suffer from depression myself and cant take any medication as they all make me sick LOL so I have to work really hard to pull my self out of the dark place I find myself in, like Mary-Anne I often shut myself away and have a pity party for one and get back on track but its hard work.
I have thought about suicide on more than one occasion but its always someones birthday, Mothers day Easter Xmas and so on so lucky for me I haven't gone there.
I did give it some very serious thought last year and decided my birthday would be my living wake, the only person knowing it would be me though.
I Invited all my friends and I am very blessed to have a lot of truly amazing friends, I didn't expect the number of people to show up, some coming from overseas, the East and the Northwest and the Country.
I felt so lucky and loved that I changed my mind!
I know not everyone is that lucky but there are services like lifeline that have amazing people to talk you through and we also have the forum to reach out and have a chat if you are feeling lonely or pissed off with the world but we are not Councillors so we cant get too heavy about things but we can be there and chat about life and find the things that you can get passionate about.
Also you can come into our establishments and have real human contact, a massage can do wonderful thing for the soul and you can always take it further than a massage but that in itself could really cheer you up.
I hope this helps a bit and anyone that wants a one on one chat, feel free to PM me.
Enjoy this miracle that life can be.

frank mueller

Silver Member
A marriage breakdown?
A unhappy working life?
A rejection?
A betrayal?
Financial difficulties?

So that the Soul
Good topic MrJwhite
I'm in my late 50's and over the years I have known two people, one young man and one young woman, who took their own lives because of a breakup. They were both well adjusted but vulnerable to the pain and could no longer take it.
It seems suicide affects either young people because of rejected love or older men because of loneliness.
Personally, until a year ago I was also in a dark place because of health issues and the lack of intimacy with a woman. Two things helped me to overcome my dark days: good support from co-workers whom I have known for a long time and secondly I was fortunate to find a kind and caring sex worker that I see regularly, I won't go as far to say she saved me but she helped me immensely to regain my hapiness and self confidence.
Thank you to her and all ladies reading this.

Dallas

Legend Member
I have a relative who's a paramedic and I'll never forget him telling me about one of his first days on the job a long time ago. He went to a report of a bridge jumper in Melbourne and it was a young woman. She was extremely upset and threatening to jump. After trying various ways of talking her down, he eventually said, don't be selfish, think if what it will do to your family, and she immediately jumped because he had jumped to a conclusion. You see what he didn't realise was she had been raped by a family member and other family members blamed her for it. He learned a hard lesson from that day, and that is that there are a lot of reasons why a person might suicide. People say why didn't they talk to family? or they are being selfish, but in the case of the girl, perhaps they did talk to their family and perhaps it's their family that were being selfish?

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
why?? spose if u knew u'd b rich byond your dreams
my sit. well old alone no job sick ,n made to feel sicker by my so called med professionals.none of em want to listen to me its just you're eating the wrong foods , did u take ur meds .ive told my docs (im sick n tired of these diseases ive got n all they say is take these meds
yea im drpressed but at my age dont care anymore n ive told some docs even told 1 if they cant cure me .....i'll stop taking the meds n they keep saying u'r eating the wrong foods ( yeah as if im eating maccas every night n hj's every ohter nite)
Suicide..............det an option probably better one than the options ive got nnow

No idea what to do

Legend Member
This is a good thread to resurrect.
So many people suffer form the black dog and it takes away so many people that have impacted our lives in one way or another.

To those that suffer from this,
🐸As The Frenchman Salute You 🐸

This comes straight from the Heart and Soul of The Frenchman, so I can only hope it makes sense to the reader?

It is never easy to admit this to yourself or anyone else
Recognition is the first step towards success,
Prevention is a better option than doing the other.

My Friends and Family from this Forum have helped me very much during various conversations in so many way's.
Even when I manage to get called an arrogant frog🐸 I smile and know I touched somebody
We all get to laugh and smile at each other's stupidity.

🐸The Frenchman;)

RugbyMermaid

No expectations
Legend Member
A marriage breakdown?
A unhappy working life?
A rejection?
A betrayal?
Financial difficulties?

So that the Soul
So many people suffer form the black dog and it takes away so many people that have impacted our lives in one way or another.

This comes straight from the Heart and Soul of The Frenchman, so I can only hope it makes sense to the reader?

My Friends and Family from this Forum have helped me very much during various conversations in so many way's.
Even when I manage to get called an arrogant frog🐸 I smile and know I touched somebody

🐸The Frenchman;)
Don’t die okay πŸ‘ŒπŸ» πŸ₯πŸ₯–forum family πŸ€Όβ€β™€οΈ
πŸ₯πŸ₯–babe sister French poodle 🐩 here πŸ₯πŸ₯–πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈIf one day I have this idea and feel hopeless in life, I will not tell anyone, save big money, go to Switzerland πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­, put on makeup, eat cheese fondue πŸ«•πŸ§€οΈ + a little fruit πŸ“πŸ‡πŸŒπŸ‰πŸŽπŸ₯­, drink green bottle sparkling water , then peaceful fall asleep, go to heaven. (I know it's difficult, that requires a doctor's assessment)

Last edited:

Slugger1

Legend Member

🐸The Frenchman;)
Agree, even though it is a difficult subject too many of us shy away from it.

Although the thread is very old I hope some of the posters who were having issues are ok and found solutions to their problems.

There are no easy answers in life unfortunately but I have found the best way to combat the Black Dog is to surround yourself with positive people as much as you can.

Invest time in yourself, do a course or get fit walking and do things that make you happy.

For those that are lonely perhaps look to join a club that interest you or volunteer and help others who are probably doing it tougher.

Or reach out to others on this forum if things get too much.

Good luck on your journey.

No idea what to do

Legend Member
Don’t die okay πŸ‘ŒπŸ» πŸ₯πŸ₯–forum family πŸ€Όβ€β™€οΈ
πŸ₯πŸ₯–babe sister French poodle 🐩 here πŸ₯πŸ₯–πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈIf one day I have this idea and feel hopeless in life, I will not tell anyone, save big money, go to Switzerland πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­, put on makeup, eat cheese fondue πŸ«•πŸ§€οΈ + a little fruit πŸ“πŸ‡πŸŒπŸ‰πŸŽπŸ₯­, drink green bottle sparkling water , then peaceful fall asleep, go to heaven. (I know it's difficult, that requires a doctor's assessment)
Mermaid
I have no need to go to Switzerland.
And I also pray that you never need to go there for this reason.

Yes , I get depressed every now and then , But just Like Mr's Langtree's, I hibernate an think of a way out of the crap.
Some people have left me in the worst way possible and Yes, That Hurts Very Much.

I have sort of learned to live with this how ever these people remain within my heart and always will

🐸The Frenchman 🐸

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
great topic
try being on your own 24/7 wrong side of 50 well n truely.Med issues n being told your doc"you're a very SICK man n now 3 yrs after losing my job( which id had for 25yrs )
cause of my illnesses...im convinced im a very SIC man...don't feel like could work again now...the loneliness is the killer can't do much as on exercise as the body doesn't wanna cooperate
the loneliness no finance cuming in ,but the bills don't stop, more med issues as i get older to top of what i've already got
have thought ( quite often now) of the easy way out actually it would be quite easy to do....just stop 1 treatment don't know how long it would take but nurses would start ringing around if i miss 1 session...next of kin......
it has been suggested that i book an overseas holiday n just disappear not tell anyone
My heart ❀️ goes out to you πŸ€—

LongHair

Legend Member
3rd edit

yes a very old thread, one which I have read through a multitude of times now and still cannot find the words to respond to some of the people who have posted here. How does one describe the depths of despair that it takes for a person to arrive at this point in their lives even more to the point how does one respond to that person in a positive way that will actually help or comfort them. I can only hope that things have improved for some of the people who have posted on this thread and they found some help to make it through.

Last edited:

Ninja

Gold Member
Im sure there is a lot more people that think about suicide every day than people think. To be honest i think about it more times than not but at this point i have not gone through with it. But im almost certain the day will come. Maybe it will take one thing to swing it into the wrong column. Take every day as it comes.

LongHair

Legend Member
Im sure there is a lot more people that think about suicide every day than people think. To be honest i think about it more times than not but at this point i have not gone through with it. But im almost certain the day will come. Maybe it will take one thing to swing it into the wrong column. Take every day as it comes.
@Ninja I certainly hope that the columns stay aligned.....if ya need to talk....I am dm away

Status
Not open for further replies.