• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Who Suffers More From A Broken Heart – Men Or Women?

Happy2

Legend Member
You're most probably right happy2 as personalities, sentimentalities must play a part. I sometimes think perhaps I'm too much of a sentimentalist ( or a 'pussy' ) or just unrealistic in my expectations of what constitutes a loving relationship. As a couple of my mates would tell me, "What are you a man or a mouse?"
None of my business but that's not for them to say
You're your own man And live your way

Reactions: Buk

MrJwhite

Gold Member
7138bb356e6a5b77b9868f68645e8a6f.jpg
Hopefully every Man as well, will find a special Lady who will remind him.
That love does exist and it is ok to risk it all to find and hold onto.

MrJwhite

Gold Member
Hurts more for men...lasts longer for women
Maybe for the men who did not completely give themselves to the relationship.

After the passing of my wife, I grieved for many years.
I know different circumstances to a relationship breakup.
But it hurt no less,
The stronger the bond and love between a couple, the longer the pain, for both.

If you move on quickly, then there was nothing really there.

Happy2

Legend Member
Maybe for the men who did not completely give themselves to the relationship.

After the passing of my wife, I grieved for many years.
I know different circumstances to a relationship breakup.
But it hurt no less,
The stronger the bond and love between a couple, the longer the pain, for both.
If you move on quickly, then there was nothing really there.

I'm in MrJwhites camp It's 4 1/2 yrs since my wife of 28 years passed

I still miss her dearly

Actually my visits to the lovely LT ladies are because I have absolutely no intention of replacing her in my heart with another
One day maybe But presently nada

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I agree with original comment by DDxoxo......MEN. From my experience and observation women seem to 'recover' quicker; are more resilient. I apologise for my sweeping generalisations but that's how I see it.

TRUE

Maybe the sexes cope differently as you say buk
But I've never been big on over generalisation of the sexes
I still say it's totally individual

ALSO TRUE

Langtrees VIP Darwin

(08) 8914 0058
Legend Member
I think sometimes you miss that person because of the habits you get used to with them. Like cooking eggs and bacon on a sunday, or meeting up with ya mutual mates on a Saturday night down the pub, etc etc, the list goes on.
When i broke up with my husband I found this is what i missed the most.
Just saying :D

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
If we must generalise (because it will vary considerably between individuals of both sexes), I'd say it's probably about the same, BUT men will bottle it up, pretend they'll get over it in a couple of days and thereby prolong the agony, whereas women will bawl their eyes out, vent to their close friends, get over it relatively more quickly and move on.

I don't believe I have ever been truly in love, hence have never loved and lost, so have no first-hand experience -- which is both a good and a bad thing. :):(

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Yes you are generalizing XLNC
I have had my heart ripped out chewed and spat over my broken body. But I never had the courage to share . Many women as well as men suffer and recover privately. Everyone is different but you survive and feel joy again ...maybe

MrJwhite

Gold Member
Yes you are generalizing XLNC
I have had my heart ripped out chewed and spat over my broken body. But I never had the courage to share . Many women as well as men suffer and recover privately. Everyone is different but you survive and feel joy again ...maybe
Sometimes,
You never recover,
You just learn to bury the pain and sadness,
Smile to the world, to friends, to family.
But your heart is breaking forever.

Langtrees VIP Darwin

(08) 8914 0058
Legend Member
Sometimes,
You never recover,
You just learn to bury the pain and sadness,
Smile to the world, to friends, to family.
But your heart is breaking forever.
I can understand how you feel, but for me personally it was when my nan died. That was over 24 years ago and to be honest, i never got over it. She was like my rock through my rough childhood and i never ever got the chance to thank her. One day when we meet up again i will, but she truly is still a huge part of my heart.x

Jake "monas"

Silver Member
I wouldn't think any one gender would suffer more per say. It would be more of a personal thing if the man/woman is really sensitive with their heart on there sleeve, the amount of love they have for their partner, what has happened to cause the break up ie brake up due to cheating. Or both leave on good conditions so both would be a bit heart broken from leaving some one they loved but wouldn't be as bad for either.

As a general rule though it would seem that most men will act tough and a bit heartless about it but will be really torn up if their partner male/female/other left them. Where as a lady might be more open to letting it all out into the open to get past it.

So I would reckon both genders would suffer equally, it would just be personal and circumstance that could cause more pain for either gender

juddy

Gold Member
In any relationship the person who cares the least often has the power. That could be a male or female. The one that cares the most will then hurt more when the relationship ends. I have had my heart broken a few times. The hurt tends to fade over time. However, if you have experienced love it is something that you have as a wonderful memory for life. "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young" - Benjamin Franklin.

Doobie Brothers - Little Darling

And if it means givin' up my pride
Oh, I'm gonna give it up, give it up
There's always one who loves more than the other
I don't mind, I don't mind
I'm willin' to pay the price
Have your love at any sacrifice

DestinyXXX

Bronze Member
I ONCE MET A MAN THAT WANTED NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR ME A NEW LIFE WHICH I LONGED FOR TRAVELLED 10 HOURS TO BE WITH HIM AS IT TURNED OUT HE WAS JUST PLAYING WITH ME

Polkam

Gold Member
Ahoy "ThatGuy" Just go BanG an Old Goat" lets make it a party, but, bring along your own Rum

Happypirate, have you heard the sounds that goats make? I don't mean when they're mating, I just mean...when they are being goats. If a lady, even a young sexy maiden, (I can but dream) made that sound, I would wilt and become very unenthusiastic. ( I can but have bad dreams too) Is it that are completely deaf, happypirate?
Or is it that rum can numb the senses? In that case, how is it that you feel like shagging at all ?

Polkam

Gold Member
K. "Why, why? Don't you love me anymore?" is a foolish question.
Y. Why?
K. Well I don't bloody well know. Move on and leave them be !
Y How?
K. Dunno. Go away. Move on and leave ME be !
Y. But...
K. GO AWAY !

It's a cruel world ...even if you have lost your ability to dream. Often it makes no sense at all....
.....Sob. Sniff. Snivel. Sob. Snot fair. WHHHHYYYYY ?

How do I turn this bloody underline thing off ?

.....Sob.

Last edited:

Polkam

Gold Member
Roger Waters sums the boredom of love up quite well.
I think so anyway...it's just....that I...have never been truly in love.

Day after day
Love turns grey
Like skin on a dying man.
But night after night
We pretend it's alright
But I have grown older
And you have grown colder
And nothing is very much fun, anymore.

Polkam

Gold Member
Oh! Sob...
That Fleetwood Mac song is about utter and inescapable despair.
That last line in verse 1 * just nails it home so well.

Go Your Own Way.
Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things that I feel?
If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me? *

Sob snivel sniff.

Happy2

Legend Member
Happypirate, have you heard the sounds that goats make? I don't mean when they're mating, I just mean...when they are being goats. If a lady, even a young sexy maiden, (I can but dream) made that sound, I would wilt and become very unenthusiastic. ( I can but have bad dreams too) Is it that are completely deaf, happypirate?
Or is it that rum can numb the senses? In that case, how is it that you feel like shagging at all ?
That's a shame Polkam Nanny goats adore the pheromones of the human male Absolutely love it
No HP I do not have goats
I don't believe in putting temptation in the way

Polkam

Gold Member
A broken man can become a wistful sulky sad sack.
But a broken woman can become a bitch.
I think both are vulnerable,
but women are definitely stronger.

Polkam

Gold Member
That's a shame Polkam Nanny goats adore the pheromones of the human male Absolutely love it
No HP I do not have goats
I don't believe in putting temptation in the way

Hahaha. Are you pulling my goat? (Or do I mean pulling my leg ????? )
AAARRRGGGHHH.
Didn't Satan have the hooves of a goat ?
I just imagined a sloppy lipped, long tongued nanny goat and I must say that it gave me a pleasant stir.
NOOOOOOOOO.
Do goats have sharp teeth ?

Happy2

Legend Member
Hahaha. Are you pulling my goat? (Or do I mean pulling my leg ????? )
AAARRRGGGHHH.
Didn't Satan have the hooves of a goat ?
I just imagined a sloppy lipped, long tongued nanny goat and I must say that it gave me a pleasant stir.
NOOOOOOOOO.
Do goats have sharp teeth ?
Nanny goats adore our pong Polkam
My neighbour has Boer goats maybe i can bring one down for you next trip

Polkam

Gold Member
The clodden beast plays with my mind. I'm off for a ride on my push bike. I know the where abouts of a couple of nanny goats. Just a couple of streets back from the beach...I am swollen with pleasurable anticipation...I can hear them now, eager to suckle and slurp...baaaahahahaha baaaahahahaha

Happy2

Legend Member
Make sure you really get their noses into your armpit Give a real snoutful
Especially after your bike ride