• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.

Who Suffers More From A Broken Heart – Men Or Women?

Happy2

Legend Member
I will ask my neighour for you
Because I really dont know
I am just working undercover for the RSPCA
While this sting
Oh shoot....

Polkam

Gold Member
image.jpeg Oh yes what a lovely thing. So willing and ohh those slurping lips and that darting 12" tongue.

Polkam

Gold Member
I'm off to the goats before the goat owners wake up. I know they sleep in till 10 Sunday mornings

Dallas

Legend Member
I have to say I think Men.....

But having said that.... since I had my heart broken 25 years ago,
I have never opened my heart again......
& if I have chosen to share some form of love to anyone it has been a 10th of the love i have inside to give.......

All the love I have I only give freely and fully to my kids, my parents my siblings, nieces & nephews...
& a handful of true friends I can count on my hands.......

I'm sorry this happened to you DD yet sadly it seems to be so common and is exactly what I have found with everyone I've dated or tried to date since I became single 4 years ago.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Kudos, Dallas, for your valiant attempt at bringing this thread back from the Twilight Zone those two goat lovers hijacked it to.

Dallas

Legend Member
Kudos, Dallas, for your valiant attempt at bringing this thread back from the Twilight Zone those two goat lovers hijacked it to.

Thanks XLNC, I actually didn't see any of those comments above. I got a notification and suddenly it went straight to DD's post which I replied to. Nice to see that goats are still a hot topic for discussion :rolleyes:

Polkam

Gold Member
I'm sorry about the goats. I was goated, or is that goaded? By the way, The goat owner had got up early and he was having his way with them. By the time he had finished the heat of the day had evaporated my passion.

Polkam

Gold Member
I am reading Wuthering Heights at the moment. Perhaps that will provide an answer !
I think that the answer is men.

greenspot25

Bronze Member
If we must generalise (because it will vary considerably between individuals of both sexes), I'd say it's probably about the same, BUT men will bottle it up, pretend they'll get over it in a couple of days and thereby prolong the agony, whereas women will bawl their eyes out, vent to their close friends, get over it relatively more quickly and move on.

I don't believe I have ever been truly in love, hence have never loved and lost, so have no first-hand experience -- which is both a good and a bad thing. :):(

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

This.

Happened to me before and haven't quite gotten over it yet even after a long period of time. Pretty sure she's wayyyy past it now

starmaverick

Silver Member
Me and my partner of 3 years just had our 3 year anniversary 10th February this year we have a young boy just under 2 and she's now pregnant with our 2nd child while only 25 weeks along. we just split up the weekend just gone still living under the same roof but I sleep on the couch and her in the bed, But I don't want to leave well it's not that I'm refusing to leave my names down on the lease aswell as hers but I want to be there to support them both I don't want to move out and not being around my son would just about kill me (not literally) I for our children's sake hope it's only her being pregnant that's causing her mind to do this because something similar happened with our first pregnancy I'm am saddened by these events and so is she but I think we will move on time will help heal but I will always love her because she is the mother of my children

starmaverick

Silver Member
Speaking of a broken heart I was dating my now ex fiancé for 2 years but we had previously known each other for 10 years and she fell for me the first time we met I often think of her and where she is now it was her fault that we split up after I found out she had been sleeping with her housemate for a
while. When I went off to work but I got my revenge while we were dating I went to an establishment in bix park as had myself a very good time and that helped me forget about what she had done to me :p

Crystal Secrets

Silver Member
Saying this as someone who's experienced her fair share of pain, I think the reason it seems like men get more heart broken than us is because men are usually so... Put together? They're men, right? Society says they're supposed to be STRONG TOUGH POWERFUL. :banghead: When I broke up with my boyfriend, he. Fell. Apart. Bearing in mind he's always always had that wall of unfazed who-cares-about-life-everything's-fixable around himself, I never saw him lose the plot like he did that day. Putting aside the fact it was the first time I saw him fully sob his eyes out (which in itself was surreal...), he also stopped showing up to work, didn't tell anyone where he was, he just disappeared and I found out later he had been on a week-long drug binge. Even his best friend who knew him for 14 years said he'd never seen him behave like that.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Saying this as someone who's experienced her fair share of pain, I think the reason it seems like men get more heart broken than us is because men are usually so... Put together? They're men, right? Society says they're supposed to be STRONG TOUGH POWERFUL. :banghead: When I broke up with my boyfriend, he. Fell. Apart. Bearing in mind he's always always had that wall of unfazed who-cares-about-life-everything's-fixable around himself, I never saw him lose the plot like he did that day. Putting aside the fact it was the first time I saw him fully sob his eyes out (which in itself was surreal...), he also stopped showing up to work, didn't tell anyone where he was, he just disappeared and I found out later he had been on a week-long drug binge. Even his best friend who knew him for 14 years said he'd never seen him behave like that.

That sounds so funny, I had a laugh typed with so many hints of sarcasm that even myself would have trouble finding and those that know me would even agree, Love your work :) keep it up!

Men may be able to erect tall buildings, build super charged engines, submarines, even good things like Hitachi wands, but when its comes to emotions men are truly the weaker gender they really are.

He went on drug binge was he looking for crack by any chance ?? LOL 10/10

Imogen Rae

Silver Member
All of my ex boyfriends have tried getting back with me and I've never wanted a bar of it!

Boys think they can get better, find out they can't and come running back!

starmaverick

Silver Member
It's true some if not most of us males are weak when it comes to the mind yea we are smart look at us some of us own the most powerful companies in the world but that's nothing compared to when it comes to breakups we go "weak in the knees so to speak" and some of us deal better then others. Me personally am hopeless when it comes to breakup sit takes me a day to realise it but I lose control the one thing that keeps me distracted is work and the fact that I must keep going so that I can pay for my kids to have the life they deserve because they ain't no way in hell that I'm going to be a deadbeat father and not look after them and let them live life to the fullest of there abilities

Belle1977

The Hourly Love Affair
Silver Member
If we must generalise (because it will vary considerably between individuals of both sexes), I'd say it's probably about the same, BUT men will bottle it up, pretend they'll get over it in a couple of days and thereby prolong the agony, whereas women will bawl their eyes out, vent to their close friends, get over it relatively more quickly and move on.

I don't believe I have ever been truly in love, hence have never loved and lost, so have no first-hand experience -- which is both a good and a bad thing. :):(

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

** if there is one thing in life you must experience is falling in love. Consider it a box ticking exercise and once you have been there - then try something new. If you never never go - you will never never know x