• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Where's Fudd?

Fudd

Foundation Member
I'm sitting on the balcony of the B&B I'm staying in and I thought I'd post a note so as to update those of you who know me of where I am. After spending a couple of weeks with "da family", I went down to Rome for 4 days to show some friends (a couple) around. The weather was hot but we managed to get around to the main spots. It was saddening to see this fine city "feeling & looking tired". The economic crisis has had an impact here as has the constant arrival of refugees from Nth Africa & Eastern Europe.

Another couple arrived and the 5 of us hired a car and drove down to Salerno where friends of mine own a B&B. I took them around the usual sites such as Amalfi & Capri as well as to some ancient Roman sites. Yesterday, the 5 of us drive down to Calabria and crossed the Straits of Messina and met up with a 3rd couple. The 7 of us will be spending the next 2 weeks touring around Sicily before heading home. We are in Riposta at the moment and today we spent the day at Mt Etna. It was surreal to be sitting in a bar some 2000 mtrs up watching smoke emanating from the top crater.

Speaking of smoking, the drivers here are enough to make me want to take up smoking again. It's been 54 days without a cigarette but the madness of these Sicilian drivers is testing my nerves, will & patience.

Anyway, as it's "beer-o-clock" I'll leave it at that for the moment. I won't bang on about the weather as I'm aware that's cold back home other than to say that it's a lot warmer here....lol..... :)

Ciao
Fudd

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Oh Fudd I have to say I am totally bloody jealous :( can you take me next time?? I assure you you have never done Italy untill you have been with me Haha( I have never been before Lol) Let me know when your back in town beautiful Xxxx Have a ball

C

Chantelle Taylor

FUDD: I hope your having the time of your life on holidays and especially in Italy .....

Take care, Be safe
See you when your back in town

Chantelle xxx

Fudd

Foundation Member
....well, I may have jagged it as I maybe moving over here to work next year but just for a couple of months....probably around May/June. So, DD......are u up for it???......lol...... :)

Ciao
Fudd.... :)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
....well, I may have jagged it as I maybe moving over here to work next year but just for a couple of months....probably around May/June. So, DD......are u up for it???......lol...... :)

Ciao
Fudd.... :)

Can I come too? :)

R.xxxxxx

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Can I bring my sausage dog too? Lol aaahhh Mr Fudd the responsibilities of having a pet are keeping me from being with you & Rochelle...Send me lots of pictures guys Lol :( Ciao

bushbabe

Gold Member
Howdy Fudd, Ol Buddy ol Pal....... I could carry your bags..... and the girls too. Maybe get the beds ready too.

Sounds like you might not come home............ more for me then...... haha

Seen any good lookin cows????

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Hey Fudd -- would be great if you get a gig working there as I do visit Italy April May to see my sister in Trieste,
just near Venice..... then I will drive down to visit you... that is if I make it considering the Italian crazy drivers!!

Will bring my sister along too just for fun... haha maybe Maryanne will come too, she keeps promising!!!

Sherry

Legend Member
Way to rub it in fudd! Bet you're having a blast-enjoy and see you when you get back xxxx

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Oh dear babe........maybe you should have kept your Italian plans quiet. Sounds like half of the forum will come in visit you there. LOL better make you sure you do provide us with a decent sized villa............;)
Room with view and ensuit for me please
:angel1:
R.xxxxxxxxx

Fudd

Foundation Member
...well, Rochelle, I may not be able to provide a room with ensuite of where I intend to stay next year but we kicked a goal with where I'm at now. Have just arrived in Cefalù just east of Palermo Sicily and, boy, does daddy like.....what a gorgeous part of the world. The 5 ltrs of cheap red plonk for $9 was a bonus......lol.... :)

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
...well, Rochelle, I may not be able to provide a room with ensuite of where I intend to stay next year but we kicked a goal with where I'm at now. Have just arrived in Cefalù just east of Palermo Sicily and, boy, does daddy like.....what a gorgeous part of the world. The 5 ltrs of cheap red plonk for $9 was a bonus......lol.... :)

Hope you take lot's of pics and post them on the forum..........:eek:ccasion14 (mmmmmmm love Italian wine)

R.xxxxxx

bushbabe

Gold Member
I see that you are improving your tan as well Mr Fudd........... the girls won't be able to resist....... not too much sun though..... those wrinkles don't go away easily. LOL

Fudd

Foundation Member
I see that you are improving your tan as well Mr Fudd........... the girls won't be able to resist....... not too much sun though..... those wrinkles don't go away easily. LOL

....the FB pic???.....Yeah, well it was easy to do what with this heat wave the locals have been going through. As for the girls being unable to resist, I don't know about that..... :)

Fudd

Foundation Member
....it's 31c, my travelling companions have headed into town (Cefalù) and I'm lounging around the pool at the villa.......a nice cold beer would go down a treat right about now...... :)

Happy2

Legend Member
We are catching up with you weather wise Mr Fudd Harvesting today Blue skies and mid 20's and not a taxi driver to be seen

Fudd

Foundation Member
....well, all good things must come to an end and so my 6 weeks in Italy are all but over. As usual, have loved catching up with local friends & family and, this time, playing tour guide with friends from Perth. Weather wise, it was great for the entire time but for these last 2 days back in Rome (today it just rained the entire day so it was me and a few pints in the local Irish pub).

Now to shower & change for dinner at my favourite restaurant in Rome......the Mad Chicken.....lol.

Flight home tomorrow...until next time.....ciao.... :)