• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What's gonna happen when all the decent old singers and groups give it up?

Numpty

Illegitimi non carborundum
Legend Member
Seen Clapton three times, kiss twice, guns & roses (original line up), once, Dire straits twice, U2 once, AC/DC twice, the Stones on my list still and missed the Who (my greatest remorse) due to illness.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I was watching the best of the talent shows on you tube and heaps of new great acts that will take over from the oldies....

Lia Luca

Silver Member
N

Night Owl Ciao

Some say all the great songs have already been written as most words & music, tunes, riffs, lead breaks etc have already been used 🥺

Obbie

Legend Member
All the cover bands will take it on !! Or do what queen did with Adam lambert!!

Flatboroque

Thick Thighs Saves Lives.
Diamond Member
Music got crappy once the focus became more on post production and less on the people playing the instruments/singing. The term "fix it in the mix" was never a thing back in the day. These days it's all about the autotuned and editing in the digital domain.. Oh, you've got one good section there, let's cut/paste it into every verse/chorus. It's really taken the pressure from getting that one good take.. Very sad really.

N

Night Owl Ciao

Music got crappy once the focus became more on post production and less on the people playing the instruments/singing. The term "fix it in the mix" was never a thing back in the day. These days it's all about the autotuned and editing in the digital domain.. Oh, you've got one good section there, let's cut/paste it into every verse/chorus. It's really taken the pressure from getting that one good take.. Very sad really.
Listen to Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon. Recorded in the early 70s no computer or synthesizer generated sound effects everything you hear was created by musicians albeit seriously affected by LSD. Arguably the best album of all time

Flatboroque

Diamond Member
In his case, David Gilmour was way ahead of his time. Using an entire live PA system to record his guitar tracks, his use of the Binson Echorec (pre Pete Cornish). That man was a genius and those albums still stand up today.

N

Night Owl Ciao

I saw Roger Waters live in Perth a few years ago. Of all the concerts I have attended it was the most memorable & not just because the giant inflatable pig escaped & was found half deflated in a backyard swimming pool 30kms away the following morning 🤣
He played the Entire Dark Side of the moon album complete with all the funky black backup singers. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it

Flatboroque

Diamond Member
Would have been incredible to see. Would have loved to see Floyd play in Subi back In the day too.. Killer concert so I've been told.