• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What to do in Perth ???

J

Jazzmine

Being somewhat new to Perth, and not having a clue about the area or what to do.. I thought I'd ask, what on earth is there to do with my lovely in when not working? If I leave it to him, I know our week will be spent riding motorbikes through insanely scary places or shooting things :/
I've seen a few sites, but most are of the same things.. I want to find something different and out of the ordinary :)

P

Perth boy

Do a tour of the freo jail, go to rotto, go to Mandurah for a day, mountain bike in Kalamunda, hot air ballon in York or just a day trip to York, head north and visit H2, go to the winery's in the swan valley, pack some lunch and go to Kings park. Hire a bike and ride around Kings park, a trip to Freo for lunch and coffee or a few beers at little creechers..

That's a few off the top of my head.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
bunbury, busselton, mandurah, rockingham, take a ferry ride from south perth foreshore to the barrack st jetty and check out how they are going with Elizabeth quay? Go to state library, museum, art gallery, coffee at northbridge. Sun bathing at the cott, swim with the sharkies.

V

virgintim

Sounds a bit like the problem we have in Adelaide. Whenever someone is new to town, they will inevitably ask "whats there to do here?" The awkward silence that follows is both hilarious, and unfortunately telling about our little city.

Not much good now that the season is over, but next year if you are looking for something do to I recommend giving AFL a chance. Go to a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle match. Even if you have never gotten into Aussie Rules before, it is a great atmosphere and something you should definitely try at least once.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Unbelievable but Perth has actually a lot of nice push bike areas (in case you are into outdoor activities). One hour drive from Perth going north is the so called Indian ocean Drive. Nice route along the ocean with plenty of spots to camp, fish or sand dune serf. Penguine Island is great.
Honestly Perth is not necessarily one of the top destinations in Australia but with a bit of time an effort it has to offer a few things as well.
Lake Leschenaultia is a nice spot (just remembered).

R.xxxxxxx

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Do you know me? I know you think you do but...do you really?? LOL. After watching this ad, I still don't know *sigh*

[video=youtube_share;PMXgW9IZKqU]http://youtu.be/PMXgW9IZKqU[/video]

David_San

Gold Member
There is really fuck all to do here. Get pissed.... on over priced drinks.. eat over priced food....

I think there is a lot to do in WA although you have to drive a fair bit. But in terms of Perth there isn't much going on at the best of times.

Benny

Gold Member
come to langtrees and see the sites here,you love the place and never want to leave ,

T

Tania Admin

Hot air ballooning in Northam, surf cat hire in south Perth, jail tour in Northam, cave tours in Yellingup or Yanchep, Wine tour in the Swan Valley, Nice drive out Toodyay Way, day out on Rottnest Island, Whale watching charter,,just to name a few. Or you could always bring him into Langtrees for an exciting experience lol

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
Apparently........ we are all now saved from boredom, in Wait-Awhile, because we can shop 7 days of the week. So spend that spare time at the shops and help the economy.

Last edited:

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Apparently........ we are all now saved from boredom, in Wait-Awhile, because we can shop 7 days of the week. So spend that spare time at the shops and help the economy.

LOL.......it took WA forever to get there. When it comes to shopping hours the "Wait-awhile" term certainly hits the nail on the head.

R.xxxxxxx

F

FallenAngel

There is really fuck all to do here. Get pissed.... on over priced drinks.. eat over priced food....

I think there is a lot to do in WA although you have to drive a fair bit. But in terms of Perth there isn't much going on at the best of times.

Yep, I totally agree with you! I work at night-time and so when I'm free, everyone is sleeping and vice-versa. Lately I've had to resort to going for midnight drives by myself out to nowhere then the excitement of getting lost and trying to find my way back... So sad =/

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Honestly anyone that says perth is boring its only because their a boring person.
Theres some good suggestions.
Ill add going for a bushwalk around around any of perthshire waterfalls. Join forrester np. Lesmurdie falls. Whistlepipe gully is magnificent at the moment with wildflowers.
Mundaring weir hotel is magnificent on a sunday with its historic fit out. Bush band. Pool and lamb on a spit.
spend time in perth cbd trying to track down all the small bars.
Hillary boat harbour. Sorrento quay and the breakwater on a warm day. Whitman park. Perth mint.
Aviation museum in bullsbrook.
Pt peron and penguin island

C

colzilla

Perth is as boring as bat shit. But it is home. Actually one of the best things about Perth is the sex workers.
Perth reminds me of a retirement village a place you go spend your final days in peace... Then die.

W

WRXXXR

Perth reminds me of a retirement village a place you go spend your final days in peace... Then die.

Lol so true. Its my birthplace but your dreaming if you think it offers anywhere near as much as places like sydney or melbourne.

Sure beats Radelaide though. That place is a living cemetary lol

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Like I said inly boring people could be bored here. Theres plenty to do. .... unless your sitting home whinging how bored you are

W

WRXXXR

Perhaps Samuel Johnson got it wrong...

He who is tired of Perth, is tired of life :p

C

colzilla

I live in the outskirts but seriously how many walks in the bush can you take? How many times can you go to Fremantle? If you want to get away everyone goes to Margaret River... Boring
The eastern side is where it all happens in Australia. Sydney and Melbourne are nice but way to hectic for me.
Perth's biggest appeal is that it is boring.

W

WRXXXR

If this new Quay isnt a combo of Clarke Quay, Southbank and Darling Harbour then the WA gov will have well and truely failed us!0

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Sounds a bit like the problem we have in Adelaide. Whenever someone is new to town, they will inevitably ask "whats there to do here?" The awkward silence that follows is both hilarious, and unfortunately telling about our little city.

Not much good now that the season is over, but next year if you are looking for something do to I recommend giving AFL a chance. Go to a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle match. Even if you have never gotten into Aussie Rules before, it is a great atmosphere and something you should definitely try at least once.

I visit Adelaide on occasions and have found plenty to do there,
Handorf, Mount Lofty, Glenelg and the Valley Wineries to name a few.
I like the fact that Adelaide has not bowled over all their Heritage buildings in the CBD.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Thrill time every night.
Go to Northbridge,
Eat the local cosmopolitan specially aged mystery cuisine.
Meet with the local wild life.
Lend (?) your car to one of the highly respected local residents for night racing with the constabulary
Get beaten to a pulp and robbed (or raped if that’s your thing).

And you thought there was nothing exciting to do in Perth!!