• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What do YOU think?

A

adventurous annie

After her invention in 2005 or the Rape aXe anti rape condom, Dr Sonnett Ehlers has chosen to use the world cup in south africa this year as a site in which to freely distribute this revolutonary product.
THE FIRST FEMALE ANTI RAPE CONDOM!!!!!!
The device is aimed at aprehending the perpertrators of rape and serves to allow the victim sufficient time to escape whilst also protecting her against bodily fluids from the rapist.
Inserted into the vagina in the same way as a female condom or tampon, the device contains a series of sharp barbs or 'teeth' that upon penetration, become lodged in the rapists penis, causing extreme pain upon withdrawl. Whilst allowing the victim time to escape, the perpertrator can neither urinate or become flacid whist the barbs are in place and the device must be removed by a medical professional to avoid permanent damage.

So people... what are your thoughts?

J

Jamesmorr77

A fantastic idea. They should be available freely. They can also be a goood source of DNA.

W

WRXXR

I'm not so sure about this. I'd like to think its a very strong deterrent for rapists but i think given that South Africa has major issues with violence and rape it could actually lead to more women being severly beaten and killed.

I dont know a lot about how a rapist thinks but i'd imagine that if some low life scum is crazy enough to rape a stranger then he may well be the sort of guy to also get incredibly angry and end up killing the girl as a result. I dare say these animals probably hunt in packs so the first guy might end up in pain but the others wont..

Only need to look at what happened to those 9 WC tourists the other day. Robbed in their hotel room, tied up and the woman was raped. 5 Australians and one was AFP. Who knows the outcome if she had an ARC on? Would she warn them and they would stop. Would the first guy take the bait and they'd kill her as "punishment".

While it may be unlikely, can you imagine a loving couple forgetting she was wearing this!!!

I read about this a few years ago and whether its a deterrent or not (and i truely hope it is) its great to see people putting in the effort to stop this from happening

What i do know is that we are lucky to live in a country where a device like this really isn't neccesary :)

L

lickitgemini

wow that sounds scary ! hate to be set up for one of those.

A

adventurous annie

Thanks for your input WRXXR, you do raise some good points. It is the belief of the good doctor who created the device that if it was indeed to illicit a violent response, the perpetrator would then be in double trouble as he would still require medical attention to remove the barbs and hopefully also be charged with a secondary offence (ie, assault, manalughter, murder etc). Personally i think you are right - if a rapist was inclined towards violence i doubt that the device would do much to prevent it. However, it does satify me to know that the tiny pinhole scars on his penis would be there forever (try explaining that one away to the new girlfriend or wife!)

gibbs

Bronze Member
I've got a long tongue, so I'll be more cautious with prankster girls from now on. Oh, and I predict the incidence of anal and oral rape will rise.
What a wonderful world!

A

adventurous annie

sad but true gibbs - hopefully the mere fact that the device exists will cause many men to think twice.

A

alurasadultparties

Hey There,
I think it's a great idea, but rape is a act of violence and power and this will make the rapist so violent he will probably kill the victim afterwards.
The condom does not protect the anus and the mouth
There is No solution to rape

T

Tahlia

yeah it sounds like a good idea at first , just a bit worried about the saftey of the girls . like it was raised earlier if the guy is in and "trapped" buy this thing how is he going to react and what is stopping girls from useing these things on unexpecting men.

J

Jade18yo

Hey There,
I think it's a great idea, but rape is a act of violence and power and this will make the rapist so violent he will probably kill the victim afterwards.
The condom does not protect the anus and the mouth
There is No solution to rape
yeah, i think in theory this is an excellent idea, however not the most practical, a potential victim who used this may just incense their attacker & they are still vulnerable in other ways... pepper spray or a baseball bat (not that you can carry one everywhere haha) would probably be more effective tools for escaping

P

punters

I'm not so sure about this. I'd like to think its a very strong deterrent for rapists but i think given that South Africa has major issues with violence and rape it could actually lead to more women being severly beaten and killed.

I agree with wrxxr, I am 100% against rape but it could make the attacker more aggressive, In africa its normally Pack rape, one would think they would find a way to remove it or even check for it after they have encountered it a few times. These people remove knifes and bullets from themselves

F

Farm Boy

Maybe Dr Ehlers should make this ARC ( anti rape condom ) available with options .
1 Barbs with a irritant some thing like poison ivy.
2 Anesthetic attacker goes asleep on top of victim
3 Cyanide well it works on dingo traps.