• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Unloading on a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spunkymunky

I am somewhat annoyed. I have been having some emotional issues that I am working on getting sorted out and a friend of mine cracked the shits that I was feeling "unhappy" and wouldn't cheer up. All I wanted was to be left alone and they were the one who kept asking and asking what was wrong.....

Now that friend has told people they are annoyed at me but not told me (good old bloody facebook) and when I confronted him about it he told me I am: bossy, intrusive, ask awkward questions to make people uncomfortable on purpose, act weird and crave attention.

All this while I already feel like crap!!!

Over the last few weeks I have started to realise the people I thought were my very good friends may not be.

Ha....i probably am craving attention though by posting this :p

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Spunkymunky yr not craveing for attention , yr just venting ,which is healthy

oxo John

W

WAcowgirl

yeah cheer up already!

joking

I guess the friends that matter and are true friends will be there for you no matter how crazy you get (i mean that in a nice way). Remember its their problem they have with you not your problem!! Just be true to yourself...

S

Spunkymunky

Thanks Johnlou i always thought venting was healthy - much better than repression.

Lol @ WA cowgirl....i can get pretty crazy sometimes :p

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
I am somewhat annoyed. I have been having some emotional issues that I am working on getting sorted out and a friend of mine cracked the shits that I was feeling "unhappy" and wouldn't cheer up. All I wanted was to be left alone and they were the one who kept asking and asking what was wrong.....

Now that friend has told people they are annoyed at me but not told me (good old bloody facebook) and when I confronted him about it he told me I am: bossy, intrusive, ask awkward questions to make people uncomfortable on purpose, act weird and crave attention.

All this while I already feel like crap!!!

Over the last few weeks I have started to realise the people I thought were my very good friends may not be.

Ha....i probably am craving attention though by posting this :p

Spunkymunky i do not know how close you are to your friend but a true friend would not discuss what ever problems you are or are not haveing to anyone.

John

swingingstories

Gold Member
There must be something in the air at the moment, because everyone I know is being let down in some way. Let's all just collectively hug, get our shit together and know that things will be better soon.

Love
swingingstories

L

Link83

Spunky, you think that's bad.
I had a situation where I was going to break it off with a long standing girlfriend, and I was talking about it with a friend who was going to help me move out. A friend of my ex girlfriend was standing outside, yes the window was open. She says she was about to ring the doorbell, and she overheard everything. Well, all I can say is that she sure must have been standing out there for a long time. I caught her off guard when I opened the door.

To this day I am not sure if she ran off and told my girlfriend, but my ex was in a really bad mood right up until the separation.

Ever since then I have become wary, and tense in difficult interpersonal situations.

X

xtcnsa

i could not of said it better myself spunky!

mates are meant to be there for you no matter what, despite how special you are!

anyways, i would rather know who i could depend on instead of having a posse of so called mates.

no doubt everything will work itself out but in the meantime i wish you luck spunky.

mwah x

S

Spunkymunky

About 15 years ago there where a couple of years where I would have described her the same way. She was just going through her first few years working as a teacher. Being a teacher seems to come with with an entire persona makeover. It took her a while to learn to leave her class in the classroom.
Bottom line is though, until she learned not to try and be my teacher, I didn't really want to hang out with her. Quite frankly, she gave me the shits.

Of course that is all years ago now and we still are great friends, not as great as I have sometimes fantasised, but we are still great friends none the less. :)

Hmmmm thats an interesting point. I think I probably do that....part of the bossy and intrusive thing........

On the other hand my friends always comment that no matter how wasted i get i can always be relied on to keep people out of trouble, look after people and make sure we get home on a night out, that comes from being able to keep control all the time. I don't think you can have it both ways!

Fudd

Foundation Member
.....Now that friend has told people they are annoyed at me but not told me (good old bloody facebook) and when I confronted him about it he told me I am: bossy, intrusive, ask awkward questions to make people uncomfortable on purpose, act weird and crave attention.:p

...well, if there's a bright side, Spunky.........it's the fact that you now know that this guy is a tool. Fancy posting that on facebook...one less knobhead in the world to deal with!

Regards
Fudd :)

M

Mary Anne PA

awww, i thought this would be a dirty thread ;-p

in honesty, you have the right to vent, and good friends listen *hugs*

Haste69

Gold Member
In my experience over the last couple of months everyone, I mean everyone, is letting the world economic mess get the better of them. Everyone is tense! everyone is greedy! There is one cure - watch the TV on the Victorian bushfires and COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS and give a thought to those less well off than ourselves

L

Link83

Hey Spunky,
This thread is for venting! Says so at the top of the page.
As long as you don't name anyone or actually point the finger, then go for it I say.

F

flange gasket

Did they do it in their facebook status or something? I'm confused.

H

Happynuts69

Yes what is it with people now days, they lie and deceive and think they can get away with it, and then you get, "we still like you and want to remain friends' hahaha, yah right. tough luck, and dont let the door hit you on the way out !!!

ooh that felt good :)

Buzz

Foundation Member
good freinds will stick by you unconditionally. Others are put into the aquaintances category.

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
so true buzz! i have a small group of people i would trust with my life! i would say, 5... one of whom is a great friend i have met via these forums (luvs to you) the rest, sure ill chat and have a drink with, but wouldnt count on them if i was stranded in the middle of nowhere!!! (emotionally or actually!)

S

Spunkymunky

LOL Celeste sorry to disappoint. Yes they vented their annoyance at me via a facebook status and a posting on there....very annoying! Think i need some new friends :p

W

WAcowgirl

ah well im not too far away and im sure we can have some fun at the B&S! facebook is great but it does suck in that you can bring someone down with one sentence in a status...im totally addickted to it thou!!

youll find your true friends spunky...or have a cull!! i do that it every few years!! its healthy, only friends i havent spoken to in awhile and dont think i will speak to again, they get culled...

S

Spunkymunky

Woooo bring on the b'n's!! I'm addicted to facebook as well it's sort of sad actually lol

F

flange gasket

Where is the B&S this year? I've been so flat out I haven't even organised a crew. :eek:ccasion14

M

Mary Anne PA

Hey Spunky, unloading on your friends is a healthy thing to do. Just remind them next time the turn a the other cheek how many times you've been there for them!

Been through a rough patch lately myself and I promise you one thing, there is a positive in all this. It helps you work out who the real friends are and who the hangers-on are.

My mates and I call it the verbal dump, simple rules for the dumpee, sit and listen, don't criticise, and dont give advice. People feel a whole lot better just getting things off their chest. As the friend you dont have to solve their problems for them, just listen and be there if they need you.

This is excellent advice, couldnt agree more

S

Spunkymunky

Thanks guys :) I've been a dumpee many a time....shame my friends cant seem to return the favour!

Status
Not open for further replies.