• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bubbyslave

Do you think having worked in the sex industry makes you distrust the men in your everyday relationships?

B

BigMike

bubbyslave,

An interesing question as a Twist on it...Would you be more inclined to distrust your partner if they had worked in the sex industry...

Just throw a little interesting angle on this.

Im a rabble rouser...

BigMike

T

TemptMe

Haven't worked in the industry myself but would like to hear from the perspective of those who have.

T

thetastate

bubbyslave,

An interesing question as a Twist on it...Would you be more inclined to distrust your partner if they had worked in the sex industry...

BigMike

Distrust no,,, though perhaps challenging for a partner to provide the constant 'appreciation' and praise that a sex worker may have been be accustomed to...

Theta State

willo416

Foundation Member
True appreciation

I think that if you truly value yourself and feel comfortable in your own skin, who really cares what you do for a living.
:angel12:

B

bubbyslave

Hey there,
I guess i do distrust most men these days thru no fault of theirs, mainly because when i was working i met so many men that would tell me how happily married they were .....how they loved their girlfriend so much.....how they just had their second child etc... Nowdays i guess im just scared of being the wife who just had the second child.

Do any other girls who have been in the industry feel this way or am i just paranoid?

B

bettie

drunken ramblings on the topic of trusting men... lol

Working in this industry can be a double edged sword.

On the one hand, we get to know and understand how men work, really, really well.

On the other hand - we get to know and understand how men work, really, really well... ;D

I've met men that epitomise everything terrible about manhood and make me swear off men forever, but I've met just as many sweet and truly caring men as well that bring me right back into the land of heterosexuality. :)

I think it depends on your point of view, your experiences and your actual attitudes and beliefs about sex work. If I found out my partner was seeing a sex worker, I wouldn't be upset about that itself- I'd be upset that he had a problem, issue or whatever the reason for seeing the worker and our relationship wasn't strong enough for him to tell me. Communication in a relationship is more important than sex is. I can have fantastic mind-blowing sex with just about anyone - I don't think that fantastic mind-blowing soul connections are possible with just about anyone.

Then again, my own attitudes and beliefs toward sex and sex work are apparently quite strange, or so it seems to many others. I manage to believe in romance while still maintaining a belief in non-monogamous relationships and boning as many people as possible!

I think I'll lay off the topic, it'll turn into an essay on the importance of communication, the over-emphasis given to sex when we should be emphasising connections and relationships. Then I'll blab on about the importance of sex workers, the sexual rights all people should be afforded, before dribbling on about how great the world would be if it was run by me! :headbang:

My apologies for the ramblings- I've just found out that I DON'T have breast cancer and I've drunk the best part of a bottle of wine in celebration! :eek:ccasion1

B

BigMike

Bubby

OK firstly the twist on the question was not intended to be a swipe at sex workers. It was simply an endeavour to make you look a little at your own question.

Our levels of trust are and always will be the sume total of our experiances. Many of us mistrust with out having any real reason too. Other have good reason too.

Bettie,

What great news !!! Fabo Oh Hun !!! the balance of your post inparticular monogomy well that deserves an entire post on its own.

Mike

B

bubbyslave

Thanks bettie,
was good to hear from another girl in the industry. I like the way you think.
And thanks Mike too i didnt think you were taking a swipe at all in fact i did have a little think about how the other half may feel and it puts things in perspective a bit for me.
Cheers everyone xoxox

S

scarface

a few thoughts

Why is it different if a a person who works in the sex industry be any different to a hair dresser, beutician,doctor phyiso ect. They all work with peoples bodies and provide some sort of service.Perhaps a doctor's wife will not trust the doctor if he gets close to his patient and has to check his client in a fairly intimate way Virginal swabs , boob checks ect.
So if you are sex worker and a client comes in, surley he is requiring a service. He would be paying for a block of time. Once he leaves surley he goes back to his wife and continues to be happy few marriages are perfect .I am sure that the service provided is mainly physical. Much better than going out to pubs and clubs and having a full blown affair.I would imagine a sex worker would have a better understaning of the male mind in more ways the one. I think when the sex worker does find a true love she will most certainly know how to keep him happy and if he is to stray to say to another working lady i am sure she would have the right accumen to understand why.
I have also heard that there is nobody more loyal than a working lady that has retired............

M

Mary Anne PA

Do you think having worked in the sex industry makes you distrust the men in your everyday relationships?

coming back to the original question.. yes of course it does, you explained xactly what you meant, 'am I now the pther person with the second child.?'
And it's only natural to feel that way seeing what you do in the sex Industry.
You don't even have to be the sex worker to even think that way either I might add.

It only depends on your own security and how you wold feel, as to whether its at least a sex worker and not an affair....!! which can lead to other things and breaking relationships.

How open you are with each other into exploring sexuality and fantasies.....

LOL.. just keep an eye on the credit card statement... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.