• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Travel 2012

Happy2

Legend Member
....long story short....they're up the shite. I've been monitoring a real estate website in Italy (in the area near to where I stay)....and prices there have dropped. There was a small 2 bedroom apartment (with a lock up garage) near the beach for less than $200k.

I recall that in the USA when property prices fell, foreigners were snapping up bargains.....so much so, that a law was passed making it difficult for foreigners to buy property. This may also happen in places like Italy & Greece if their mess gets any worse as there may be some bargains to be had if you have some money. :)

Well if you cant buy You should be able to rent a nice villa Maybe the Countess will serve the Arvo tea

Though I have a shack by a yabbie creek you can stay in Only 1 1/2 kms from the tavern too

A

AlexandraSilk

Would love to work overseas!
Next year Vietnam and Canada are on the cards for holidays.

W

WRXXXR

MUNICH???????? over-rated........full of Bavarians :nono:..........you guys only like it because of the German beer fest.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bavarians are so much nicer than the rest though :p

There is an adapted saying "he who is tired of Berlin is tired of life". Well I must be dead because I didn't like it. One night out, it was the only time anywhere I've been genuinely scared for my safety.

My heart lies in a (sometimes) sleepy little German town called Nurburg.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Hi Wrxxxr.....just curiosity.......when have you been in Berlin? I think it is quite save now. The last time I was scared in Berlin was before the wall came down and I somehow ended up in the wrong area (right wing area, Berlin West) looking like a left wing "stone thrower" (black hoddie, Doc Martins, black jeans and a leather jacket).....hmmmmmm not a good experience..........I am very bad at throwing stones but I am a fast runner.......lol....luckily.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fudd

Foundation Member
I got hassled by the East German boarder guards at Checkpoint Charlie.....it didnt help that I was pissed and "fell" through the checkpoint....lol... :)

W

WRXXXR

R, I was there late 09. About 9.30pm I was walking through / near the holocaust memorial. short story is that there was 2 groups of different guys following me (but together if you get what I mean) and it was only by good fortune that I ran into a group of American blokes. Literally the only time anywhere that I have been genuinely scared.

Gotta say I didn't enjoy Berlin and I really thought I would. Best thing was walking into the HBH knowing a reasonable chunk of Germany was still to be explored and I could use the language I was taught!

Didn't think I'd like Munich but I loved it and I hate beer lol

P

Perth boy

I got so far,

Mountain bike riding in Chiang Mai (north Thailand) in March,
Foshan - China in April, - business
Bali in June for 4 days,
Phuket in July for 7 days,
Germany in Sep for 2 weeks- business / holiday
early Dec Shanghi business
christmas and new year in New York - holiday

Friends are talking about hiring a yatch in Italy and saling to greese in August. I have done this a few years ago and they want me to go with them. dont know if will have time.