The works...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
After weeks of saving my pennys and letting myself do without a few luxurys, today I finaaly did it... I finally got the works but I was a little disappointed.

For me the works is meant to have all the salads including pineapple and beetroot. The burger I had today was called the works but it had neither.

I couldn`t help but feel it wasn`t worth it. Nevermind I`m not going to give up yet.

Anybody know any places that make a decent hamburger??

W

WRXXXR

FAB burger at Hillarys is worth a look and i believe Jus Burgers is also supposed to be pretty good.

Mind you i'm not a big one for fancy burgers. A bit of chicken, lettuce and mayo and i'm content

svengali

Foundation Member
Try Grill'd in Mount Lawley near the Astor or Betty's at the Innaloo cinema complex. For a more upmarket experience Soda on the beachfront near North Beach rd is pretty good too but more expensive. Stunning view over the ocean and a good place to take someone you want to impress.

J

johny

hungry jacks in south perth has a good burger,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WRXXXR

Forgot about Grill'd but that place is definitely worth a visit and like fab burger is pretty reasonably priced.

Onwithit

nights are a waste of time
Gold Member
The best burgers are the ones you make yourself and no one else has spit in it.

Get some beef mince and some “LEAN” mutton or lamb mince and mix half & half.

The best tasting burger patties you’ll ever cook..

A

AlexandraSilk

FAB burger at Hillarys is worth a look and i believe Jus Burgers is also supposed to be pretty good.

Mind you i'm not a big one for fancy burgers. A bit of chicken, lettuce and mayo and i'm content

Jus Burgers is my favorite.

Fresh home made buns. Gotta love the buns!

Also, try the onion rings. They are home made and yummy! They used to cook fresh cut fries when they first open. But now they serve the frozen chip variety unfortunately.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Clancy's in Freo do offer a fab Baramundi burger or if you like it meaty....a steak burger. I love the fact that they don't overload their burgers. Just a few ingredients but all tasteful together. (A bit like pizza....the more you put on the worse it tastes)
Keep it simple and 'yummy' :angel12:

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

W

WRXXXR

Do the 1kg steak challenge??

I'm led to believe they now have a 2kg challenge? 1kg steak, chips and vegies was easy enough but you'd need to be on your game to smash 2kgs of steak.

osscar

Foundation Member
Give Bilbys a try in Claremont not far from the show grounds , a few srtreets towards the coast. Got to look hard to find it but well worth it , the range and quality have been outstanding though havent been for a month or so.

B

BigBlackCock

STill a fan of Alfred's Kitchen. Especially on a cold winter night with that log fire blazing and the smell of the woods from the hills. Magic!

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Well, I guess my diet has gone out the window...
Thanks all for thier info and I`m going to try and make a point of trying every single one...

Anybody willing to sponser me???

svengali

Foundation Member

Anybody willing to sponser me???[/QUOTE]

Not me but if you go to Charlie Gardiner's I am sure a couple or three of the cardiologists will get right behind you. ;)

Happy2

Legend Member
Talking Burgers . Can anyone remember the name of the Burger joint on Riverside drive I think it was open to the wee small hours or all night. Was it Bernies?
We used to drive there every time we went to Perth for the family Chrissy Holiday
They were either brilliant burgers or they have been given the old nostalgia boost

T

TB

Yes I think it was called Bernies....fond memories for me too. Those days are gone forever but the memories are sweet.

Happy2

Legend Member
ThanksTB I thought it was bernies The first thing to go after hitting
40 is the memory

S

Spaceball1

I will add Novembars in Dianella. The burger with the lot there tastes fantastic, includes cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and egg, and the meat is brilliant. He claims everything is fresh too, never frozen, so that leads me to believe the patties are homemade. He also has the novelty factor of his giant 'challenge' burgers, such as the fat boy, hello burger, and the red face runny nose burger.

Add to that the chips which are always to order, fresh and piping hot, and you have a great feed.

Haste69

Gold Member
After weeks of saving my pennys and letting myself do without a few luxurys, today I finaaly did it... I finally got the works but I was a little disappointed.

For me the works is meant to have all the salads including pineapple and beetroot. The burger I had today was called the works but it had neither.

I couldn`t help but feel it wasn`t worth it. Nevermind I`m not going to give up yet.

Anybody know any places that make a decent hamburger??

Well Billybones I thought you were writing in code for a decent "meal".
With your writings in other posts I was surprised that you were disappointed at the "restaurant" you visited as you had appeared very knowledgeable! And from this Forum I am amazed at the quality of "food" in the west - I am saving pennies to come over from the east.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Years ago 74 / 76 the fire was in a 44 gallon drum and if it was late you could park a semi in the left lane while you were served.

In the days of my miss spent youth the fire was in half WW2 navy Mine.
Freakin huge it was.
The burgers were the best even back then and that Pea Soup could almost be eaten with a fork.
The FC holden was the latest and Bikers rode 650 BSA Road Rockets Or Triumph Bonevills (my first ton up on he back of a Road Rocket).

Alf's should be heritage listed it is an Icon.

svengali

Foundation Member
If we are going down memory lane there used to be a grounded caravan near the railway bridge in Bunbury called "Pat's Hamburger Bar" . The owner was actually called Trevor but he made one hell of a burger.

Come to think of it there used to be a lot of those old caravans around but I guess the slick advertising and homogenous products of the major chains has cleaned them out. In some cases it was probably modern hygeine standards too.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Best burgers I have tasted so far has been Captain Munchies in Freo but that was years ago and last year had a great burger at a truck stop near Arthur River...
I just wish I was heading that way again soon.

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

The V Bar in Victoria Park! Great, old style, but they've also taken the health factor into account, so there's not too much gulit!