Tags - Yes / No

Ayden Perth

New Members
We have removed tags to your posts.

One of our treasured members have raised a couple SEO related comments regarding this - what are all your thoughts and do you know any other information that should we should know about regarding any benefits to the tags?

Last edited:

Nev

Gold Member
Members researching particular issues may like being able to search for tags.
This may be common for members who are nervous about starting threads for things like male performance, autistic and/or ADHD clients, being bored by some things, or anal experiences.
Please keep the fora searchable. Thankyou.

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
We have removed tags to your posts.

One of our treasured members have raised a couple SEO related comments regarding this - what are all your thoughts and do you know any other information that should we should know about regarding any benefits to the tags?

Tag does play a role in SEO For example this was the search results when it was searched using only tag words of the "Talkin Sex Advertising Packages" thread

Ayden Perth

New Members
I agree they do play a factor in the forums overall SEO score and effectiveness but figuring out whether it makes a significant enough difference to enforce the use of Tags forum wide :) Especially with Google and Bing crawling the forum regularly it is difficult to determine whether the above is solely because of the tags themselves OR a result of the periodic search console sitemap submissions as they are available to the public without needing to sign in first.

Thoughts?

Penny S

Staff member
Legend Member
Yes I agree with you 110% and I also believe that sometimes tags just pops up on a search results if the search query words matches the tags words. No matter if the website is running or not. To be exact not saying that Tags are mandatory but it is just like a small foot soldier who does his job and does not fails. BTW now the search engines have updated their Algorithm so in the next few months we can see how the new search syntax works

Ayden Perth

New Members
I have a keyword and ranking tracker currently on Talkinsex.com so it would be great to share with yourself and get your ideas and thoughts in a couple months when we have a good amount of analytics to go off :)

Penny S

Staff member
Legend Member
I have a keyword and ranking tracker currently on Talkinsex.com so it would be great to share with yourself and get your ideas and thoughts in a couple months when we have a good amount of analytics to go off :)
Great I would be grateful if I can see from a tracking service. Can you please share the same on credentials forum or send a PM.