Survey: services you asked a sex worker to provide in the last 12 months

Survey: services you asked a sex worker to provide in the last 12 months

• sensual massage involving lubricant (oil, gel etc)

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • kissing (either light or including tongues)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • vaginal intercourse

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • any other genital stimulation of the sex-worker by the client (finger, mouth, toy etc)

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • masturbation of client to orgasm

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • oral sex to orgasm on client

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • oral sex not to orgasm on client

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • anal sex on sex worker (whether to orgasm by client or not)

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • anal stimulation of client (finger, tongue, toy etc)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • bondage, domination, or submission

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Plumage

Diamond Member
The "Australian Study of Health and Relationships" surveys around 20,000 people about a whole range of things including the types of services they have requested from sex workers. The first ASHR was completed in 2003, the second 10 years later, and the third is under way. Despite each study being funded by over one million dollars of our hard-earned taxes, the results are hidden from us behind a colossal paywall (full cost $385) at https://www.publish.csiro.au/sh/issue/7031
Well screw them. Let’s collect our own data in this fun quiz!

By way of comparison, the 2003 study found that men had requested:
vaginal intercourse (94.5%)
handjob (89.7%)
fellatio (66.1%)
masturbation of the sexworker by the man (62.5%)
cunnilingus (26.6%)
anal sex (2.3%)
BDSM/DS (0.8%)

Last edited:

Plumage

Diamond Member
These are really interesting results so far. Quite a bit more anal sex than in the 2003 ASRH (which is to be expected as anal sex has increased in non-commercial sex reslationships over that time too) and surprisingly quite a bit less vaginal sex than the 94.5% reported in ASRH. Maybe they had a narrow definition of sex work that excluded massage work?

D

Deleted member 49173

These are really interesting results so far. Quite a bit more anal sex than in the 2003 ASRH (which is to be expected as anal sex has increased in non-commercial sex reslationships over that time too) and surprisingly quite a bit less vaginal sex than the 94.5% reported in ASRH. Maybe they had a narrow definition of sex work that excluded massage work?
Plumage .. firstly , Gr8 fun idea .. but #2 , is a qu. Your survey states ASKED for as opposed to received. I know, its a bit pedantic maybe but I believe the results would be different. I've asked and been refused several on yur list ..

anywaaaay 🤷

John Smithl

Legend Member
Plumage .. firstly , Gr8 fun idea .. but #2 , is a qu. Your survey states ASKED for as opposed to received. I know, its a bit pedantic maybe but I believe the results would be different. I've asked and been refused several on yur list ..

anywaaaay 🤷
Sounds like extra questions can be added... mmm, extras... lol

Plumage

Diamond Member
Yes, I had a bit of a problem with the wording. The source that I cited for the 2003 results used the wording "The ASHR found that services requested of sex workers by men were: vaginal intercourse (94.5%) ... " etc. So I thought I'd better stick to that kind of wording so I could to make a comparison with our own results. (And any way, for my own selfish commercial reasons, I was kind of interested in what the market is seeking.)

The irony is that the source I used cites the full 2003 report, but when I clicked on the link I was bamboozled by it, and didn't realise that was the case. But when I went back to it later, I found what I wanted was right there on p 193. The survey asked participants what they had done, not what they had requested. So my bad!

jebradio

Gold Member
But still definitely worth the effort... it always interests me to see where other people are at... keep it coming

SexyKangaroo

Silver Member
In my case, I always think about whether I will be able to have anal sex with the girl; however, many do not practice it and I have to choose the other services they do offer.
We will continue to pay to get what gives us pleasure and leads us to climax.