• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

strange phone calls

dan60

Diamond Member
whilst on my way to meet a young lady, who i have known for quite a while, i received a couple of calls, but my punters phone was turned to mute.
1st call - from the lady, her mobile CLID came up and matched her name (normal)
2nd call - the clid was +1 302 xxxxxxx (a prefix in delaware USA), but it still matched the ladies name!
has she tried to call me through an app or something?
the +1 302 xxxxxxx is not in my phone anywhere, it's very odd how it matched the call up.

later that day i got a missed call from an +61260xxxxxxx number (Oz), which i can't track.
the next day i got a missed call from a +53544xxxxx number (Cuba)

i didn't notice any of these calls until a couple of days later, i will ask the lady about the 2nd call next time i see her.

good job i have a punting phone.:)

sircurious

Legend Member
whilst on my way to meet a young lady, who i have known for quite a while, i received a couple of calls, but my punters phone was turned to mute.
1st call - from the lady, her mobile CLID came up and matched her name (normal)
2nd call - the clid was +1 302 xxxxxxx (a prefix in delaware USA), but it still matched the ladies name!
has she tried to call me through an app or something?
the +1 302 xxxxxxx is not in my phone anywhere, it's very odd how it matched the call up.

later that day i got a missed call from an +61260xxxxxxx number (Oz), which i can't track.
the next day i got a missed call from a +53544xxxxx number (Cuba)

i didn't notice any of these calls until a couple of days later, i will ask the lady about the 2nd call next time i see her.

good job i have a punting phone.:)
The last two numbers you received are scam calls - I have received a call from the +53 prefix before - I just block them when they ring. Scammers use a computer program to generate numbers to call and the scam part is they hope you ring back as then you are paying a hefty mobile bill for calling internationally.

Timboh66

We had phone number problems at work.

Our Telstra contact told me that scammers can clone your number and use it make scam calls and make calls internationally.

kaylani

Bronze Member
I've had some strange/phantom calls as well lately on my alternate phone. Interesting enough they've all come through from a private number so clueless as to who it was. In those instances I've wondered if it was a lady just wanting to me check me out.