• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Sleeping over...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Had some little chit chat around the staffroom table today and the topic of sleepovers come up...
Seems a co workers step daughter who is 16 wanted her 18 year old boyfriend to be able to stay the night.

At what age should you allow your son/daughters crush to stay the the night? Should it matter whether or not it`s your son or daughter??

A

AlexandraSilk

Interesting topic BB.
This would really have to be assessed on a case by case basis. Is the 16 year old female mature?
Have her and her boyfriend been in a steady relationship for 12 months or more? How many boyfriends has the girl had?
Are her friends sexually active?
Is her boyfriend pressuring the issue?
Or is the girl wanting the relationship to become more physical?
What type of sexual education has the girl received?
What type of sexual relationship do her role models share?

There are so many factors.

Just out of curiosity what does the law state in this case?

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
From memory.. 16 for a female is the age of consent as long as the male is no more then 4 years older and I think if it`s a male to male thing both have to be over the age of 18.
In reply to your other questions...
How many 16 year olds would answer their parents truthfully if asked any of those.

And how do you judge someones maturity?

Fudd

Foundation Member
...whack a chastity belt on her and the bf can stay over as many times as he wants.....lol :) This is one of those times when I'm glad I never had kids.

Fudd :)

P

Perth boy

I got 3 daughters 16, 19 & 21 and with the oldest girl she was 17 when the boyfriend was allowed to stay over. It drived me nuts because I remember what I use to do with 17 year old girls when I was young.

intoanything

Silver Member
A friend of mine recently walked in her 14 year olds birthday sleep over to find the 8 14 year old girls participating in a little daisy chain action!

Where do they learn this shit?

M

Madam M

Ahhh, young love. let it blossom, multiply or nip it in the bud. As long as they're responsible and respectful about it, and understand the possible repercussions, I can't see a problem with it.

fifoboy

Gold Member
Seems a co workers step daughter who is 16 wanted her 18 year old boyfriend to be able to stay the night.

Dad is obviously not scary enough, I'm pretty sure no young fella will be thinking of inviting himself to my place to shag my daughter while I'm under the same roof.

F

frankqld

if they really want it they'll do it either at home or in the bushes down the park,if they can do it at home and you just get them to agree to use condoms then they have a degree of safety knowing that if they scream out in fear or shout no,no,no someone will be there to avoid any unpleasentnessif you cant have some trust in them to do the right thing then you will get problems,i know from experience,ihave a stepson18,stepdaughter 16,and my two toddlers.