• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

skimpy barmaids

K

katana74

Does anyone know which bars in Perth have skimpy barmaids? Moving to Perth soon.

svengali

Foundation Member
They are a bit thin on the ground but the Charles Hotel has the Xotica girls there every Friday afternoon from 1.30pm to 5.30. Not sure about skimpies - our licensing court is run by a bunch of wowserish old women who make it pretty hard for a pub to offer much in his line.

A

alexj

yeah I agree Marsta, has anyone been to the Royal on punt road, awesome pub! ha ha

On the skimpies in Perth, you cant beat the Redcliffe! one of the last working mans pubs left east of perth, they will always have skimpies on, I think except for Sundays? must be a church thing.

Babes Promotions

Foundation Member
Personally we do not service any metro hotels anymore, as svengali mentioned the licensing laws have become very restrictive.

About 18 months ago all pubs who had skimpies were sent a letter instructing them that no staff were allowed to dress immodestly or act in a lewd manner.

Metro skimpies have been on the decline for years with more and more pubs going boutique and trendy.

Country pubs have slowed down too but nowhere near the extent of metro pubs, we still have a very strong customer base in regional WA.

Here in WA there is still a stupid stigma regarding skimpies by the majority of girls. We see girls strutting around in a bikini for swimwear competitions in the hope of winning a $250 myers voucher, yet to wear their bikini behind a bar earning $1000 a week is seen as degrading.

In Qld it seems to be something girls aspire to become with meter maids etc. We have alot of eastern states girls who come over for working holidays.

marstafit1

For Precious Ladies
Bronze Member
Hi Babes,
Yes, its very depressing - 1 of my girls actually goes into the bikini contests.

As Alex has pointed out - in Melb we could get topless to serve behind the bar - now that was excellent!!!

bushseeker

Foundation Member
No true skimpys in WA anymore

the redcliffe if you dont mind low rent places. Personally I like it - reminds me of a Kalgoorlie pub instead of the pubs trying to pass themselves off as taverns so they can charge too much for beer

hillbillies

Gold Member
We used to go to TBirds on a friday and enjoyed the atmosphere and off course the
girls getting naked, but it no longer exists. Can someone please tell me where in Perth can we find that sort of fun on a Friday night without going to a strip club?If there arent any similar places then off to the strip club for us i suppose.

thanks
hillbillies

Babes Promotions

Foundation Member
Your best bet would be to ring raunchy and living dolls, they still do a few dance shows around the metro area and have a few skimpies about too.

G

gr8stuff

Miss the old Raunchy & Living Doll shows in Perth pubs,
They were great harmless fun.

winning a bumper sticker was the highlight
more like how it was delivered :)

Shame about the do gooder licensing laws

Rhett and Scarlett

Virginity can be cured!!
Foundation Member
We live NOR and I ( Rhett ) occasionally short cuts through Koondoola

I noticed the Burbridge Tavern had put a sign out recently advertising Skimpys on Fridays from 3pm onwards

Hope this of use... I may have to do a recognizance mission to double check eh!!

Rhett :eek:ccasion14

svengali

Foundation Member
O.K, here is a history lesson for those of you too young to remember the glory days of skimpys and pub strip shows.

Once upon a time back in the late seventies and early eighties there were a heck of a lot of struggling pubs in Perth. To get people in during the days (lunch-time) and to attract post-work punters they started using skimpy and topless barmaids and "fashion shows" which were really strip shows. Raunchy, Pussycats on Parade and, later "Sunset Strip" the forerunner of Xotica, were the big names but quite a few pubs like the Civic in Hay Street employed their own in-house dancers.

Some of the wilder places were the Warwick Arms (now gone) Greenwood Tavern (yuppiefied) the Broken Hill, sometimes ruefully refered to as the Broken Nose, and the Old Melbourne, now also both gentrified. Strictly speaking the entertainment was supposed to be topless only but G-strings often "accidentally" came adrift and the girls strangely didn't seem to notice.::) The Charles even had topless pool players taking on all comers - how's that for a distraction??

Behind the bar the topless barmaids moved from no tops to tranparent "dresses" to fully nude and the owners of Raunchy opened an eatery in Leederville where all the waitresses were nude or close to it and you could eat your dessert (a cold one) off a naked girl's belly or have her feed it to you while sitting on your lap.

All the randy young men were happy, the ladies made quite a good living from the trade, the publicans rubbed their hands together and counted the cash, the sun shone, the boobs bounced and everyone was happy.

Then the people made a terrible mistake.

They voted into power a Labor Government peopled by rabid feminists like the wicked witch of Leederville, Carmen Lawrence and the wicked witch from the North, Pam Beggs, who became the minister for racing and gaming and liquor licensing.

Soon, there were "complaints" about the pub shows being degrading to women and a few over the top performances made a big splash in the papers. It is true that some of the shows were going a bit far and should have been reined in but, of course, that was not on the agenda. Overnight they were canned, not by legislation ( pollies are blokes too) but by the liquor licensing court invoking a section of the act requiring all persons serving liquor or on licensed premises to be dressed "in an appropriately decent" manner.

A few pubs managed to carry on by sectioning off a part of their premises for "adult" entertainment with warning signs to keep the faint of heart and easily offended drinkers away but it was the begining of the end. The drinking culture changed, partly due to the booze-bus crackdown , the old-style booze-barns with a couple of dozen taps were gradually replaced by more genteel taverns with a focus on attracting families and many older style pubs simply closed down.

Nowadays, the glory days exist only in the memories of senior citizens like Svengali. Like so many other things in life, you blokes just becoming adults now will never have as much fun as we did so forgive us if we rub your noses in it occasionally:laughing4

Last edited:

bushseeker

Foundation Member
That culture hung on in a last bastion Kalgoorlie until the late 90s- you could toss the skimpies in the hopes of seeing some tits,

Cant rememebr the blond skimpies name from the feddy (jasmine?) but she would change the $2 into to 1$ and place one on either tit, she would then ice herself erect and toss the coins from one tit to the other,

finally things caught up, first they had to balckout the windows in case someone could see,

then came the no tits, coppers were letting the kids run amok breaking in to houses and wrecking cars in kal just so they could hang out at the pub and look for tittie, the g bangers were out
then came the see through and stars

pretty soon all the little tricks used to try and get around the laws and give the pblic what the wanted

TITTIE

and you get what you have today

No wonder boys today are growing up confused about there sexuality when they cant go down the pub for a few drinks with the boys and see titties and g strings

svengali

Foundation Member
Even more bad news: The Charles is gradually upgrading and the plan is to eventually dump the Xotica shows and become another Yuppie water-hole.

Here is the link to their website:

The Charles Hotel - Home

If you care about preserving this fine Aussie tradition please email them begging to keep the Xotica shows going so that future generations of men can be reminded what it means to be male.

C

cougar

i had so much fun working as a skimpy, 10yrs ago..
it was great way to earn some cash while at uni fulltime and raising my twins... didnt have the time, hours or flexiblity to do a low paying job, there are only so many hours in the day..

C

cosican

If your ever in the area, (Kalgoorlie) we have topless barmaids from wed through sat night at the goldbar. God knows how they got it through council but who cares and ask no questions just enjoy, cheers

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member
Heading out to Kal for work (at Diggers and dealers) this weekend. Anywhere I should go that's better than anywhere else during the D&D conference?

Thanks

F

Farm Boy

A quick supplement to Svengali"s history lesson Pam Beggs was the prime Villain of the era. she used a 17year + 10 month old skimpy Baby Doll I think as the main political snow job ,she us to bleat soon they will be having live sex on show' as for Carmen anyone would expect better from a farmer's daughter .

Last edited by a moderator:

Babes Promotions

Foundation Member
We have skimpys out at the Main Reef, Broken Hill and Tower. From what I hear the Main Reef are a bit more liberal in what they let the girls do and frequently have the girls topless.

B

bibtm4tran

I remember Baby Doll strutting her stuff at The Shents on Friday's and she had every guy in the palm of her hand. I would have gladly paid top $$ for a private session with her.

F

Farm Boy

Really straining the old gray cells here bibtm4tran but wasn't baby Doll protected by one of Perth's more notorious bike clubs. Maybe Pam Beggs main concern was some drunk would say the wrong thing and have his head torn of and gutted in the main bar .

svengali

Foundation Member
Ah yes, Baby Doll, A.K.A. Kathy Fuller.

I seem to remember there was an issue about her age - it may have been alleged at one point that she fibbed about her age and started stripping before she turned 18. She certainly was a little hottie, though. I think that when things got bad in Perth she headed East - yet another reason to hate those #@*/*#s over there.

Last edited: