• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hi fellow sexual beings,

New question for you (don't worry, I won't run out, I can always know more stuff).

In the swinging lifestyle, how many of you practice safe sex 100%of the time? If you selectively practice safe sex (indicate average percentage of the time 50%, 80% etc) can you please tell me what factors you take into consideration when deciding? Also, for those of you in committed relationships who also swing, have you discussed the possibility of unwanted pregnancy with your partner, do you have a backup plan etc? :sign17:

My hubby and I have firm policies and have discussed potential situations, I'm just interested in broadening my understanding of people and sexual issues.

PS: Please Please Please post, even if it's just brief, go on don't be a creepy watcher only, participate with me!!!! :whip2:

Love
swingingstories
:lurk:

DT4eva

Gold Member
Very good question
We do practice safe sex 100% at anytime of play with another person or couple.(although we haven't had to many experiences)

Our first rule is if its not on its not in, this would be for sexual intercourse.
When foreplay is in play would there be the need for the guy to wear a condom when receiving oral sex from a lady or a man or when a lady is receiving oral from another man or woman.

No would be the answer as you wouldn't be able to feel the pleasure being received.

Woohoo unwanted pregnancy for Stacey it is impossible but for Dave if he was to get pregnant there would be money to be made. hehehe

Last edited:
T

TemptMe

Great question Swing.. We have discussed these types of issues many times. Have to say that we follow the same rule as StaceynDave no condom no intercourse - we too are hypocritical in our 'safe sex' play as condoms are not used during oral sex... So there is still some risk attached....

P

Paul881

That seems to be a fairly standard answer, and it is the same with me. I think I would lose all the pleasure in giving oral to a woman if I had to use a condom or dental dam, it just wouldn't be the same. Not sure if it would make a big difference to a woman (perhaps one of our lovely ladies could enlighen me?), but to put it bluntly, tasting rubber instead of the delicious, fragrant wetness of a woman would be a real disappointment.

Paul

S

sumguy

If you are going to kiss someone, then would what's the extra risk with unprotected oral?

T

TemptMe

Well not all STI's survive in saliva but there is a high proportion that survive in other bodily fluids....So that means there is an increased risk with genital secretions and ejaculatrory fluids.

P

Paul881

And there are also things like genital herpes that are located only around the genitals (hence the name) so you can't catch them from kissing either. And of course the big one, HIV, they reckon cannot be caught from kissing, and in fact they do say chances of catching from oral sex are very low too.

S

sincity

We never practice safe sex, neither of us like condoms. We feel out a situation and check the people out for a while before we get into anything to heavy with them. We also have them show us paper work on their recent blood tests.

FordFiend

Foundation Member
Were the same as most who have replied, no condom or dental dam for oral, but as soon as any penetration is happening then a condom must be on.

MrFord has had the snip so no problem there of him getting another woman pregnant even accidentally, And there is always the morning after pill for Mrsford.

Petronius

Silver Member
If you're going to give oral sex without protection, make sure your mouth is in good shape for it. Remember the riskiest routes of transmission for the major STDs involve sexual fluids or blood entering your bloodstream somehow - either through sensitive membranes in the genitals or an open wound. This is one reason why anal sex is so risky for HIV, because the tissue can very easily have small tears from the sex. If you have open sores in your mouth or throat and swallow semen, you've got a risk of infection. If you have bleeding gums and go down on a girl, you can give her something.

Now I know "open sores" sounds pretty disgusting, but we don't have to be talking about awful ulcers or other really obvious things (although I'd avoid people with them, personally). Eating potato crisps cuts your mouth to ribbons at the microscopic level. It opens heaps of little tiny cuts that are invisible to the naked eye but big enough for a virus or bacterium. Even brushing your teeth can open up little cuts in your gums enough to make things risky.

It's not sexy to talk about this stuff, but it's even less sexy to catch an STD. Personally I find sexual activity much more relaxing and enjoyable if I'm aware of the risks and the reasons behind them. Too strict an adherence to "Absolutely nothing that could potentially be unsafe" and you get frustrated, too lax and you're putting yourself at risk (and should be worrying about it).

M

MuchEnlightenment

We have done it both ways, when we started it came down to the excitement with penetration normally happening before we realised. Thus if one of us had commenced sex without protection there wasn't much point in the other using protection. This did lead to a much more pleasurable experience. However after about a year or so of on and off we had a scare and it was from that moment that we have always practiced safe sex, it really just isn't worth catching some nasty infection particularly the ones that you cannot cure.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your frank and informative answers. Here comes another question (see I told you I wouldn't run out).

Given the varied levels of risk each of us is assuming, how many regularly or routinely have STD screens. Maybe anually (like changing your smoke detector batteries), or other frequency?

I was talking with my Doctor (when visiting for another matter) and discussions turned to STD's. The rates of Syphillis are rising among the heterosexual community and although it can be cured (two weeks of painful daily injections) a sufferer can remain symptom free for a very long time, yet the damage can be catastrophic? Also many other STD's are often symptom free for ages.

It's definitely food for thought, especially for us "newbies" to the scene.

Love
swingingstories

M

MuchEnlightenment

For the two of us, we had tests regularly when we tended to have the odd occasion of unprotected sex, when we assumed the protected option it tended to be only when we had our annual checkups or if they were doing a bloodtest for another problem, we would ask for it also. We haven't played since coming to Canberra so haven't bothered with it now.

Tiggirl

Foundation Member
We haven't played much, but follow the trend here - always for intercourse, but not for oral.

However, being a biology student, I'm well aware of the potential for infection, and I'd be doing an EXTREMELY careful inspection of whatever's going in my mouth, and would prefer that whoever we played with had a recent test.

We get testing regularly, just to be safe.
I feel like that's just common courtesy, and we as a swinging community should be trying to make it the norm.
I mean, it's not painful, it shouldn't be embarrassing, and it doesn't take long, there's no reason everyone shouldn't make it a part of their annual health routine at least.

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
always with total strangers for everything...

if i at least know the people, always for sex, not for oral...

Good friends... MAYBE without, if there is a good level of trust there (i am on the pill, never missed one yet... lol)

Never use condoms with hubby... mmmmm feels good :p hehe

J

JamesBracken

Adult Products

Everyone should be aware of safe sex....

link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dude069

Funny thing is, if the girls use toys and share them, they use condoms like they would a penis! Or even a bit of spit for lube on fingers for foreplay!

Go figure.......................Does that constitue an issue?:walk:

M & N.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hi dude069,

I wasn't sure exactly what your post was saying, but obviously for some people their personal boundaries include extremely safe sex even with female to female play. I have been doing some research (thank you google) and it does seem that spit is highly unlikely to transmit many of the current STD's, however, it's not impossible.

As for whether it is an issue or not, I definitely wouldn't think that personal boundaries any individual or couple institute should be an issue for anyone except that couple or individual. Everyone has different motivations and accepts different levels of risk in their daily lives. It's risky to swim in the ocean, it's risky to drive a car, so in this arena I guess each of us is assuming the level of risk we deem appropriate. Again, I don't feel that this should "constitute an issue"?

Love
swingingstories

D

dude069

Hi dude069,

"for some people their personal boundaries include extremely safe sex even with female to female play. I have been doing some research (thank you google"

Gee does 'safe sex = safe sex'? Or I should google that?

People tend to be selective in their "research" and their observations which is fine. But, when people then use those "selective observations" in a very narrow context, that is of concern. Unfortunately others tend to take the written word as gospel, albeit from well intentioned and usually ill informed souls.

Forums such as these are for like minded souls to share experiences and the like. Moreover, with all facets of the internet, should only be treated as a guide and not a form of medical, emtional or relationship advice.

N