• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

S.O.S I’m bored of cooking 🧑‍🍳

Jamie Jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
If Eggs are your favorite i would suggest a Mughal recipe - Egg Afghani Korma

And my go to chicken recipe is -

Oooh looks good

Korra Laz

Silver Member

Worked as a kitchen hand to help pay for my studies at uni for a different career learned how to cook set tables did lots of dish washing food preperation. hi
single male and do most of my cooking
Hot dogs and cheese sauce.
Rissoles and BBQ sauce.
Ham steak & pineapple with colesaw.
Curried chicken & roast potatoes with vegetables.
Cheese & beetroot cabana biscuit platter.
Roast potatoes with sour cream & colesaw.
Spaghetti or pasta meatballs and sauce.
Curried pies or sausages and peas.
Tortellini and cheese sauce.
Roast lamb pork potatoes with mint sauce aor garlic sauce and vegetables.
Bangers and mash.
Fish n chips
Parma n chips
Lambs fry and bacon
Meatloaf potato and vegetables
Casserole and vegetables
Ham & cheese on garlic bread
Damper with cheese and sultanas
Not any good on deserts just pancakes jam or honey ice cream peaches jelly custard etc.
Can't be bothered baking cakes.
Such nice suggestions

Korra Laz

Silver Member
Jamie this thread had me thinking of my family in New York. They appear to have a Takeout culture.

The appartments are small so the kitchen is barely enough room for a coffee percolator and toaster or a single burner to reheat.

There is though within walking distance restaurants, bars, dinners, cafes and street stalls.

Have you ever observed that in a lot of US programs such as Friends or The Big Bang Theory that often show them eating takeout in their appartments?

Translate that culture to Perth and you would probably want to live in Victoria Park, Mount Lawley, Northbridge or Fremantle.

Town planning sees a lot of apartment living going up around hubs like Joondalup, Mandurah, Elizabeth Quays etc. Maybe we’re heading to the same takeout culture in the future if not already.​
So true! And when you watch these shows, it seems like the it thing for a person in their mid-30’s to do. Work, then get together with friends, order take out and watch movies in the evenings. “So hip and cool!” It very much gives off ‘why stress myself cooking when I have the money to order take out!’ Makes it so easy to lose our perception of reality and get lost in the TV lifestyles especially of our favourite characters! God knows I’ve dreamt and searched for a loft apartment just so I could live out my SATC dreams of heels, cocktails, Friday night takeout and Saturday morning breakfast dates with my friends. 😂

Slugger1

Legend Member
Try the beautiful Nigela's Spanish Chicken with Choritzo and Potatoes oven bake recipe.

As well as the potatoes and red onion I add in pumpkin and carrots cut thick.

So easy to prepare and just throw it in the oven and you can use a disposable tray if you don't feel like cleaning up.

The flavours mix well and also tastes good reheated in the microwave the next day.

Great for a winters night.

spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-a-563b049556d55.jpg

Jamie Jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Try the beautiful Nigela's Spanish Chicken with Choritzo and Potatoes oven bake recipe.

As well as the potatoes and red onion I add in pumpkin and carrots cut thick.

So easy to prepare and just throw it in the oven and you can use a disposable tray if you don't feel like cleaning up.

The flavours mix well and also tastes good reheated in the microwave the next day.

Great for a winters night.

View attachment 215416
Omg yummm
To both Nigella and the recipe