S.O.S I’m bored of cooking 🧑‍🍳

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Hey guys
I’m stuck in a rut with my cooking at the moment and need some inspiration.
Tell me your favourite recipes so I can get my creative juices flowing again 😉

IMG_3804.jpeg

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
This time of the year I would explore the wonderful topic of Soups.
From sweet to Savoury, there are many recipes.
Asparagus and Pea Soup
Sweet Punkin soup,
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Pea soup. In S.A Pea soup with a meat pie in the middle of the bowel is called a Pie-Floater
Chinese noodle soups
Turkey Chilli soup
Spicy Bean soup
The list is endless,

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
Jamie once a week I like fresh fish.

My favourite is salmon belly with the skin on. I seare the non-skin sides in a hot non-stick pan, no oil, then cook for the remainder of the time skin down until cooked through and skin is crispy.

Depending on my desire at the time I may lightly grind some pepper over the fish while cooking.

Universally can be served alone or with steamed veggies or simple salad.
images.jpeg

mrys

Legend Member
Asparagus and Pea Soup
Sweet Punkin soup,
Pea soup. In S.A Pea soup with a meat pie in the middle of the bowel is called a Pie-Floater
Chinese noodle soups
Turkey Chilli soup
Spicy Bean soup
The list is endless,
Or you could just find your happy place on this list HP :) https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifesty...k-that-make-you-feel-like-a-pirate-c-11055743

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
I confess, I hardly ever do the cooking. My partner does most of the cooking and cleaning. I'm always to busy with work, community commitments and creating art. The only time I cook is for others or functions. I recently upgraded my Thermomix. That inspired me to do some cooking. This time of year, lots of soups, stews and curries. Tonight have an Indian lamb curry in the slow cooker. Themed nights are good for exploring different cultural foods

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member

Worked as a kitchen hand to help pay for my studies at uni for a different career learned how to cook set tables did lots of dish washing food preperation. hi
single male and do most of my cooking
Hot dogs and cheese sauce.
Rissoles and BBQ sauce.
Ham steak & pineapple with colesaw.
Curried chicken & roast potatoes with vegetables.
Cheese & beetroot cabana biscuit platter.
Roast potatoes with sour cream & colesaw.
Spaghetti or pasta meatballs and sauce.
Curried pies or sausages and peas.
Tortellini and cheese sauce.
Roast lamb pork potatoes with mint sauce aor garlic sauce and vegetables.
Bangers and mash.
Fish n chips
Parma n chips
Lambs fry and bacon
Meatloaf potato and vegetables
Casserole and vegetables
Ham & cheese on garlic bread
Damper with cheese and sultanas
Not any good on deserts just pancakes jam or honey ice cream peaches jelly custard etc.
Can't be bothered baking cakes.

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Asparagus and Pea Soup
Sweet Punkin soup,
Chinese noodle soups
Turkey Chilli soup
Spicy Bean soup
The list is endless,

Oooh I like the sound of Chinese noodle soup and the asparagus and pea soup.
I’ll google some recipes.

Thanks HappyPirate 😊

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Jamie once a week I like fresh fish.

My favourite is salmon belly with the skin on. I seare the non-skin sides in a hot non-stick pan, no oil, then cook for the remainder of the time skin down until cooked through and skin is crispy.

Depending on my desire at the time I may lightly grind some pepper over the fish while cooking.

Universally can be served alone or with steamed veggies or simple salad.
View attachment 188962
I love salmon but it is very oily for me ☹️
I will give this a go with some nice white fish though.

Thanks WildBrumby 😊

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
I confess, I hardly ever do the cooking. My partner does most of the cooking and cleaning. I'm always to busy with work, community commitments and creating art. The only time I cook is for others or functions. I recently upgraded my Thermomix. That inspired me to do some cooking. This time of year, lots of soups, stews and curries. Tonight have an Indian lamb curry in the slow cooker. Themed nights are good for exploring different cultural foods
Ooh I like the idea of theme nights, keeps it interesting.

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member

Worked as a kitchen hand to help pay for my studies at uni for a different career learned how to cook set tables did lots of dish washing food preperation. hi
single male and do most of my cooking
Hot dogs and cheese sauce.
Rissoles and BBQ sauce.
Ham steak & pineapple with colesaw.
Curried chicken & roast potatoes with vegetables.
Cheese & beetroot cabana biscuit platter.
Roast potatoes with sour cream & colesaw.
Spaghetti or pasta meatballs and sauce.
Curried pies or sausages and peas.
Tortellini and cheese sauce.
Roast lamb pork potatoes with mint sauce aor garlic sauce and vegetables.
Bangers and mash.
Fish n chips
Parma n chips
Lambs fry and bacon
Meatloaf potato and vegetables
Casserole and vegetables
Ham & cheese on garlic bread
Damper with cheese and sultanas
Not any good on deserts just pancakes jam or honey ice cream peaches jelly custard etc.
Can't be bothered baking cakes.
That’s a very impressive list for a single male. And by the way pancakes are the best dessert I would eat them every day if I could 😋

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Well done with the steak dinner Jamie. I need to try the asparagus more in my cooking. With the mushroom I like canned sliced mushroom in sauce on toast for breakfast sometimes.

LongHair

Legend Member
Oh LongHair
I’m ashamed to say I don’t share food….. I didn’t get a booty by eating salads lol.
it's alll good Ms Jackson, at my age all my food is delivered by meals on wheels ;)

However your food must be delightful food, as it has cultivated a delightful booty at that......

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Jamie this thread had me thinking of my family in New York. They appear to have a Takeout culture.

The appartments are small so the kitchen is barely enough room for a coffee percolator and toaster or a single burner to reheat.

There is though within walking distance restaurants, bars, dinners, cafes and street stalls.

Have you ever observed that in a lot of US programs such as Friends or The Big Bang Theory that often show them eating takeout in their appartments?

Translate that culture to Perth and you would probably want to live in Victoria Park, Mount Lawley, Northbridge or Fremantle.

Town planning sees a lot of apartment living going up around hubs like Joondalup, Mandurah, Elizabeth Quays etc. Maybe we’re heading to the same takeout culture in the future if not already.​

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Jamie this thread had me thinking of my family in New York. They appear to have a Takeout culture.

The appartments are small so the kitchen is barely enough room for a coffee percolator and toaster or a single burner to reheat.

There is though within walking distance restaurants, bars, dinners, cafes and street stalls.

Have you ever observed that in a lot of US programs such as Friends or The Big Bang Theory that often show them eating takeout in their appartments?

Translate that culture to Perth and you would probably want to live in Victoria Park, Mount Lawley, Northbridge or Fremantle.

Town planning sees a lot of apartment living going up around hubs like Joondalup, Mandurah, Elizabeth Quays etc. Maybe we’re heading to the same takeout culture in the future if not already.​
I have wondered about that too and have noticed in the past year how many people I know that don’t make the time to cook or they just simply don’t know how.

We do also have the magical Uber eats at our fingertips that doesn’t help the ever growing takeout culture.

I am however an old fashion country gal and grew up eating from farm to plate, so I never got into the whole city living life myself.

I truly do enjoy cooking it’s so fun and I love experimenting with flavours. I’m very blessed to have been taught how to cook by my nana and mum, you name it and I can cook it.

So while the takeout culture is here and growing it just not my style. 🧑‍🍳

WildBrumby

Legend Member
@Jamie I used to like woodfired stove roasts on the station. We mostly sat in the kitchen rarely used the loungeroom. Vegies and meat from off the station.

Always something baking or cooking on the wood stove. Iron kettle simmering for black coffee or tea.

Later years on the plantation I always had fresh tropical fruits or sugar cane to pick and snack on will working the fields. Some wild native fruits and bush honey too. Mostly drank spring water, rarely drank coffee or tea in those days.🙂

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
@Jamie I used to like woodfired stove roasts on the station. We mostly sat in the kitchen rarely used the loungeroom. Vegies and meat from off the station.

Always something baking or cooking on the wood stove. Iron kettle simmering for black coffee or tea.

Later years on the plantation I always had fresh tropical fruits or sugar cane to pick and snack on will working the fields. Some wild native fruits and bush honey too. Mostly drank spring water, rarely drank coffee or tea in those days.🙂
Oh that sounds like the life.
New generation’s are definitely missing out on a good thing.