• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

S A D

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CD4ME

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder first identified ten centuries ago by Avicenna[citation needed], in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer,[1] repeatedly, year after year. The US National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up."[2] The condition in the summer is often referred to as Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, and can also include heightened anxiety.[3]

Sorry to quote Wikipedia

I think I suffer from SAD" as I experience some of the above symptoms round this time of the year. I was wondering if anyone else in here does too and what they do to help them get thru the crappy part of the year..

omnedon2

Foundation Member
Not for me, I love the cooler weather, and no daylight saving during winter either.............

M

Mary Anne PA

i definitely fit into that category atm.
Although being broke and living in a backpackers could be the problem. *sigh*

T

TemptMe

I would say I was a SAD sufferer to some extent...solved the problem by returning northwards...... Love the sun sand and surf and the DLS!!! Gonna be SAD when it finishes....

Status
Not open for further replies.