• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Retiring

M

Mary Anne PA

I officially retire this week (though Ive already been asked to work next week) and Im kinda sad.
Stripping has been a part of my life for nearly 9 years now, and while I do have financial and material gains to show for my work, I still feel like I should have worked harder and invested more over the years.
Its not like a blew my money on drugs or partying (I have a luxury car, a house and will be buying an apartment soon, as well as having travelled the world and completed my degree and masters) but I still think that I wasnt frugal enough over the years.
Do you think people are ever 'ready' to retire?
How have you planned?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackdahlila

Wow, from the sounds of things you have been very successful! Everyone has regrets but honestly I think you should be proud of your accomplishments! Screw being frugal if you have all that to say for living a life the way you wanted to live it. My parents have worked for 20+ years in average income jobs and been quite frugal at that. We do live in a nice country house but I can guarentee you it comes a bloody nice mortgage too and doesn't included any luxury cars (unless you include a Holden Calais?). And my dad still has to work another 10 years just to pay off the mortgage! So be content that you have done well and now you can do whatever you please. And if you want to get back in the industry in some shape or form-- there is always that option. But for now, embrace your freedom girl!!

Dahlila xx

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Well done and enjoy whatever future challenge you may undertake.

Yes, we can all look back at the money we have 'wasted' but hey...wasn't it fun on the way thru...and after all it is the JOURNEY that matters, not the bloody destination!

I'm old enough to retire...but never will simply because I enjoy the challenges and would be so bored if retired.

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member
Well done. I can't see retirement in my future at all. I'm nearly 30 and busted my gut working since I was 18 (well my first job was at 14, 9 months and 1 day, the legal age in Queensland at the time. I had an after school job all the way though high school.) , never been unemployed (touch wood) and still have nothing to show for it.

Fair enough I have been supporting my wife for the last 7 years while she has been a full time student, and I have chosen to work in an industry that pays in expirences more than in cash, but I don't even have a car. There is a few grand in the bank for emergencies and we have no debt, but still, I was in this same position 10 years ago.

So as you can see, I could only dream of being in your position. Go and enjoy it! There is no point in dwelling on the coulda, shoulda, woulda's.

Babes Promotions

Foundation Member
Good luck in the future celeste, enjoy what is yet to come. Dont tiptoe through life to arrive at death safely, live life and enjoy yourself along the way.

P

Pleasure Me

Congratulations, you have worked hard to be in this position. I suppose we all ask questions upon reflecting on our past. I certainly have. I think change can make us feel a little uneasy too, perhaps that is weighing into your feelings as well?

How have I planned? I had a plan, and couldn't be further from it. At 30 we still don't own a house, still in the same overall financial position as 10 years ago, and at times wish I had been more frugal when we had a double income instead of spending so much on going out when we were younger etc...

Had we been more frugal, sure I might have bought a house, but hey, I'd either be working long hours with kids in daycare all day 5 days a week and mega stressed trying to be supermum, may have caused marriage to die in the arse or, we could very well be worse off for not having been able to afford the repayments and having the bank reposess it, neither of which I like the sound of! What I'm getting at is I think we all look back and wonder if we could have done things differently/better, so don't be so hard on yourself. You did what you thought was best at the time.

What do you plan to do now?

C

corneus

Stripping has been a part of my life for nearly 19 years now,

Hi Celeste,
great achievement! Although if your profile is anything to go by, you must have started when you were 6!..

hehe..

just sayin'.. ::)

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Hi Sexy-Celeste, That is something to be proud of nearly 9yrs in a job that you have enjoyed.
You sound like you have prepared quiet well for this decision.
It is better for you to make the decision than have it made for you.
I am in no ways ready to retire but i have no choice as my doctor won't clear me to go back to work.
To much of a liability to myself and whoever i work for, hence if i injure my back anymore i won't be able to claim compo or such.
If i knew i was going to get ripped off after working 9 years for someone i would of had my own insurance.
That's the thing about taking people on face value, when your no use to them anymore all the promises go out the window.
Surely you are no where near retirement age so you may find after awhile you may do something casual.
Whatever you decide you should be very confident about yourself and what you have achieved. What you got in 9 years it takes most people a lifetime.
So why not sit back and enjoy some of the simple things in life that you deserve. Don't be to hard on yourself you have done extremely well..
Good luck in whatever you do in the future.:eek:ccasion14 Happytimes

Last edited:

svengali

Foundation Member
You go girl!!

Sounds like you are one smart lady who has set herself up well for the future. Yes, we can all think of things we could have done better and choices which may not have been the best ones but the person who never made a mistake never made much else either.

adam74

Silver Member
Congrats on being able to retire and especially on saying that you've enjoyed your work. I'm sure you've brought a lot of pleasure to other people too over the years!

I would say that you are probably being a little hard on yourself. It sounds like you've done all the things you've wanted to do (getting a degree and a masters is some achievement by itself), bought all the things you've wanted to buy and had some great experiences along the way. You should allow yourself some time to enjoy it, rather than worrying about not having saved more. If you've been smart with how you've managed your money, you probably have little to worry about. And it's not like you can't take up some other line of work, right?

Break open a good bottle of red and reflect on where you've come from I reckon.

M

Mary Anne PA

Sorry that should be 9 years :) (ill go and edit)
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Ive had a great journey in the industry, with agencies, peepshows and pole dancing.
In a way the decision HAS been made for me. I unexpectedly fell pregnant and am getting close to popping. (I was always told I couldnt have kids, due to having cancer, but it seems that miracles happen)
I would love to stay on the east coast, and return to stripping after the bubs is born, but being away from family (all in country WA) with the first grandchild just isnt on the books. I might re-enter the industry at some stage (Specially if I was some extra quick money:) ) and if I work in Perth, punters are in for a treat- Ive learnt some new tricks over here ;p
I guess cos I hadnt planned to leave just yet, I feel rushed, but I have enjoyed my time so much, I just dont want to ever leave, if you know what I mean?

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
sexy_celeste you have shown you are a clever, sexy lady. Relax you deserve to have a chance to stop and smell the roses-even if for a short time.

I retired two years ago. It has been great and now have a new exciting adventures in life every day.
I look after my grandson four days a week, eight hours a day and grand daughter during school holidays.

On Fridays I have time to work in my garden and to enjoy drinking coffee at cafe's. also having lunch with people I met on the net to assist me with my writing.

I was ready to retire earlier but like most money is the root of all evil. A door was opened and I took it and retired with a reasonable pension. Yes I am lucky to be only 57 so I can enjoy being retired.

The secret is to have things, hobbies to do when you retire. It may be just reading books.
:walk:

Last edited:
T

TemptMe

Oh Celeste...you make it sound as if life is about to get boring...Trust me it is just beginning!!!!!!(Not sure about the "smell the roses" more like shitty napppies time Bluegrass...lol).
As one door closes another opens perhaps you can go back to nursing with slightly more child friendly hours???
Good luck with family life!!!

omnedon2

Foundation Member
Hi Celeste,

Hindsight is 20/20 vision, so they say, but , hey it sounds like you did'nt waste

your time in the industry, so take a bow gracefully, and congratulations about the

impending motherhood.

Hope we will still see the odd contribution from you, but most of all, sit back and enjoy

the fruits of your labour.

All the best for the future.......... cheers