• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Remember your childhood Perth style! Yes, it's reminiscing!

C

Contrarian

Hoons in 1986, check out the mullets and cars! The newsreader in the beginning must have bored bodies in the mortuary before though.

Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Contrarian

The interesting bit here is from 4 minutes but at 7 minutes comes the lecture of his life - deservedly so!

C

Contrarian

1971 - west of Barrack Street. Check out the fashion statements and skyscrapers!
1971-West-from-Barrack-Street.jpg

Shorts and long stockings, miniskirts, oddly constructed prams, not an aborigine or Asian face in sight.

C

Contrarian

Anyone actually RECOGNIZE this place? Looks familiar!

Pluck a Duck

Fnck a duck!
Bronze Member
This place was a great nightclub in Freo - Tarantella's! I used to pull the birds there with my big wun! It had cage dancers!

1572518893316.png

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Anyone remember:

1. The UFO spaceship on the corner of Karel Avenue along Leach Highway?
2. Bernies the burger joint - the original one - at the bottom of Kings Park on Mounts Bay Road? I actually knew guys in the early 80s who were so bored in Bunbury at night, they'd drive in their panel van all the way to Perth to Bernies or Fast Eddies, then on the corner of Hay Street and Milligans.
3. Van's - the burger joint opposite the Cottesloe Hotel?
4. Eats - also a greasy spoon on Stirling Highway?
5. Hamburger Hill on the top of that slope at Burswood?
6. The original Cicerello's run by the old Italian couple on the wharf pre-America's cup - just 3 large concrete boxes which had been there for years?
7. "Greasies" - really called the Hollywood Deli on the corner of Hampden Road in Nedlands? Many uni students would before 1989.
8. Perth on Sundays when the only place open was the Freo Markets and a handful of small delis and petrol stations were rostered?
9. Perth DIED on Saturday afternoons after the shops closed - only fastfood places and the cinemas were open?
10. Being broke as a student and filling your car up with $1 or $2 of petrol and that would see you through a couple of days?
11. Everyone had a bomb and it wasn't embarrasing to drive one, especially if you were a student?
12. When your driver's licence was a piece of paper. Youngsters would borrow one from a licenced friend and buy liquor from the store?
13. Pinocchio's?
14. Beethoven's?
15. Angies Disco for teenagers in North Freo?
16. Minsky's in Nedlands?
17. Steve's the pub?
18. The Red Parrot?

You Missed Captain Munchies... in freo...

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Ah yes, Mangoes - one time haunt of the older mature woman and equally old men on the prowl long before it was an affectionate reference to a certain species of feline.

The Silver Slipper anyone remember that?

January's? The Underground, now sadly a backpackers, in Newcastle Street. The Red Lion, now known as the Deen with a different clientele.

Jules!!! The first time I ever pulled - she was a student from Nedlands College. I was a randy student at UWA.

Anyone remember going to concerts at the old Perth Arena or at restaurants in NOrthbridge - a couple of people would come in and offer to take photographs for a fee? Some would just snap you and give you a card in the hope you'd want a pic anyway.

F. Scotts! Anyone remember?

The Savoy Cinema in Hay Street used to show R rated movies as did the New Oxford Cinema (now known as the Luna Leederville). The New Oxford had an occasional stripper at lunchtime as did the Barrack Street adult cinema. These were the days before digital watches so a guy would come in and announce the times at 12 and 1 and 2 so no one would be late returning to work!

There used to be a drivein cinema (ah yes, the old passion pit!) at Bickley that showed R rated movies. Can't remember the name.

Nightspots in town would grant free entry to the visiting US navy.
I remember F Scott’s too well too many good memories :D

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
WA in the day when there was no speed cameras, no booze buses, and after 10pm there were no cops on the road and Road trips were talked about not in Kilometers but how many stubbies instead..... can we go back to those simpler times please.. and when you went out you were out incommunicado and what happened on the dance floor / club stayed there and now is just a distant memory NOT splattered all over social media...

doob

Legend Member
Dan Dan the hot dog man?

Attachments

• C808CA41-0121-4D26-812B-CC617D310885.jpeg
    C808CA41-0121-4D26-812B-CC617D310885.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 6