Quitting Carbs

sludgie

Gold Member
Cutting down on carbs, not quitting completely was the main reason l lost so much weight. Keto can be hard to stick too. Bread . rice ,pasta and potatoes were the main things that l stopped eating with great results. If you are thinking about this for a weight issue the intermittent fasting is the way to go.

chibi

Diamond Member
The quitting carbs thing worked for me. No carb based meals at all, I was losing just over a kilo a month with no exercise. I've eased off it now and have the odd carb meal twice or (sometimes) three times a week, still losing ½ kilo a month.

There's super low carb bread at Coles and Woolies. There's xylitol and hermesetas if you really want sugar in your tea/coffee and there's Denada ice cream. Coke No Sugar is fine with a meal especially a guilt-free hot curry and vegie rice.

I've never realised how unnecessary all those carbs were, I've replaced the lot with vegetables and lean red meat and alongside pork and chicken and I digest better and eat more food. Any high blood sugars and pre-diabetes has completely disappeared. I can know hit the beers or a night out at a pasta joint or noodles in Chinatown with beers and the blood sugar is completely normal in the morning, rather than high.

The only thing I will say, is add some fibre to your diet, like Benefibre or similar, but otherwise I couldn't recommend it more.

stovo82

Diamond Member
No alcohol, no fruit juices, limit sugars, no bread, no rice, no pasta. Only eat fruit, vegetables and lean protein sources.

phred333

Gold Member
The only thing I will say, is add some fibre to your diet, like Benefibre or similar,.
Really, what benefit do you find you get from fibre? I find the less the better generally.
Always regret it when I have too many nuts.

phred333

Gold Member
I tried out keto not long ago. Not even a week into the diet I felt like absolute sh*t,
It takes a couple of weeks to adapt, the first week or too can feel bad due to low blood sugar, but its worth it as does not happen again. Once adapted you are freed from issues with blood sugar, if you stay on the bread you have to stick with it.

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
Cutting down on carbs, not quitting completely was the main reason l lost so much weight. Keto can be hard to stick too. Bread . rice ,pasta and potatoes were the main things that l stopped eating with great results. If you are thinking about this for a weight issue the intermittent fasting is the way to go.
This info is what I was looking for its great for someone who is a bit lazy and does not prefers workout 😁

chibi

Diamond Member
Really, what benefit do you find you get from fibre? I find the less the better generally.
Always regret it when I have too many nuts.
Purely to help stay regular on the toilet. Low carb can bind you up a bit

phred333

Gold Member
Actually I found keto made a huge improvement to shits - much less often and lots of no-wipers. Maybe less regular, but only because you don't need to shit so much. No constipation. (Not that you should take fibre for constipation, there are clinical trials showing it makes it worse).

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Actually I found keto made a huge improvement to shits - much less often and lots of no-wipers. Maybe less regular, but only because you don't need to shit so much. No constipation. (Not that you should take fibre for constipation, there are clinical trials showing it makes it worse).
I had the same result I don't do Keto I do the Italian cottage cheese protein diet, NO CARBS NO SUGARS lost 12.6 kilo in 9 weeks.

Bonnie Lee

Reception @ Langtrees
Legend Member
A calorie deficit is currently the go to health trend ive noticed - still allows you to eat your faves such as potato and pasta - can swap out the higher carb for more protein based etc - defs worth the research :)

Jo India

Apprentice Forum Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Wow!!!!This bowl looks really looks like supremely loaded with protein .:):):)❤❤:)

Cayla Cream

Legend Member
Thanks 😁

Chloe Kind

Chloe Kind
Silver Member
If you're looking for a low sugar/low carb chocolate bar replacement Atkins does a couple of really nice kinds? I really love the caramel nut chew kind. Is quite high in fibre as well 👍 is available at Woolies.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Fasting has been the only sustainable thing for me to stay in shape. Tried most things and they all only worked for a while

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Yes i have fasted for hlf day a couple of times since this post and feels good 😁

I’m in my third year of switching between 23h. 48h. 72h. Sometimes 120h. Fasts.

But it was a slow and gradual adaptation.

That can’t be rushed. The benefits are amazing

bobsaget0987654321

Silver Member
I’m in my third year of switching between 23h. 48h. 72h. Sometimes 120h. Fasts.

But it was a slow and gradual adaptation.

That can’t be rushed. The benefits are amazing
Have to agree with you Yoda, prolonged fasting is powerful. Have not mustered the courage to go beyond 72 yet though.

Leroysane

Gold Member
At the end of the day the only way to lose weight is being at a calorie deficit...it's just very easy to do so when going low carb because you're satiated from all the extra protein taking it's place.

If you're going down this route I'd avoid pork altogether and buy high quality meat that isn't pumped with sulphites and added hormones.

Organic fruit is ideal if you wanna stay on top of macronutrients too. Low sugar fruits like strawberries, watermelon, blueberries etc and avoid high calorie ones like mango and banana (if you wanna lose weight faster)

I'd be cautious with any diet fads, a lot of them will give you instant results that aren't sustainable 🤦‍♂️

🍻

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
So true I am a weight yoyo who put on 20 kilos eating bread & chocolate eclairs over 8 months. Back on the treadmill, I like no carbs no sugar, and protein fills me better and lasts all day.
6 weeks down 7.8 kilos and hope to get to my first goal which is under 80 kilos.