• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Old Guys Rule!!!

Demon

Legend Member
Ricky Ponting scores another century. Age 37. Written off last year.

41 Test centuries.

Another four years according to John Inverarity in the tea interview.

Happy2

Legend Member
Always good to have the faith of the chairman but 4yrs sounds a little over the top
Will he give Marsh 4yrs?

Demon

Legend Member
41 is not old for Test cricket if the form is there. Graham Gooch. Bradman was exactly 40, Hobbs was over 40, etc.

W

WRXXXR

He's certainly played well. Think clarke will declare if they both hit 150

I had high hopes for marsh but he needs to be dropped from the test side immediately.

naughtish

Gold Member
sad for Marsh.. I really like him as a player and thought he will do a lot to the Aus side..
What a batsman Ponting is.. just awesome he is silencing all his critics.. And Clarke has become from a good batsman to a very good batsman in this series.
I think Aus should get as much as they can.. coz this is a batsmens pitch , and India might bat well

Happy2

Legend Member
Listening to some comments recently by Mark Waugh Even he says "Whats gone wrong"
Waugh has always said Marsh has one of the purist techniques in cricket
Amazing what the mind does to us Because ability doesn't vanish overnight

Demon

Legend Member
He's certainly played well. Think clarke will declare if they both hit 150

Aust score will only be in the mid-300s. Not high enough.

Score at least 500 before declare. Tea on day 2 (if not all out before then).

Happy2

Legend Member

Your right demon(god that felt horrible) Adelaide pitch is a road
Keep batting

Happy2

Legend Member
I will Definitely watching Demon Apart from a few chores I cant shirk I aint going nowhere in this Mid 40's Heat

Demon

Legend Member
I will Definitely watching Demon Apart from a few chores I cant shirk I aint going nowhere in this Mid 40's Heat

Like watching the cricket!!

Complete fire bans and no movement in paddocks I expect.

Happy2

Legend Member
Must admit if it was 20 degrees cooler I would find another excuse
Why work for yourself if you cant enjoy some me time

J

jaxonjorja

Ricky Ponting scores another century. Age 37. Written off last year.

41 Test centuries.

Another four years according to John Inverarity in the tea interview.

:notworthy Fast approaching LEGEND status :notworthy
Ponting, that is, not Inverarity! Lol

J

jaxonjorja

41 is not old for Test cricket if the form is there. Graham Gooch. Bradman was exactly 40, Hobbs was over 40, etc.

Sir Vivian Richards - 39/40
Clive Lloyd - 40
Steve Waugh - 39
and dare I say it Brad Hogg. Retired prematurely at age 37, but has now come out of retirement in incredible form, and has been chosen in the nation team again. Admittedly just in the 20/20 team, but hey, keep up the great bowling Hoggie, and who knows, we may just see the "Hoggster" wearing that baggy green again in 2012!!;D

J

jaxonjorja

Listening to some comments recently by Mark Waugh Even he says "Whats gone wrong"
Waugh has always said Marsh has one of the purist techniques in cricket
Amazing what the mind does to us Because ability doesn't vanish overnight

I heard similar comments recently from Mark Waugh - what an amazing batsman he was! There are many players in history who have showed wonderful batting techniques, particularly in what is one of the best domestic competitions in the cricketing world, Sheffield Shield. BUT Marsh is sadly just another example of:
a) the big gap between domestic and international competition, particularly test matches.
b) you don't lose skill / ability overnight, but your technique can desert you when you least want it too. More importantly success in anything is far less about your skill level, and far more (80% or 90%) about what's happening between your ears.

J

jaxonjorja

Hahaha. The way these 2 are going at the moment, they'll both have 200, and Clarke could declare 30 - 60 minutes after lunch with 550 on the board!

Great cricket for Australia, but these Indians have been nothing but a disappointment all season. Send them home with their sausage curries between their legs, I think!!

Happy2

Legend Member
Of course he was selectors umpires were scared of him
Who else could be given out And not go because "They came here to see me bat Not watch you umpire"

Demon

Legend Member
If you can get away with it wouldn't anyone try that one on.

He was also the amateur who got paid more than the professionals.

W

WRXXXR

Indians are already 2/57. Unless Sachin can pull off a miracle, it's likely they'll even make 250 this innings

Complete disgrace, and some of our batters need to look at themselves for scoring so few runs against a 3rd grade side.

vinnnn

Silver Member
Cowan and Warner need more time, but i think Marsh time is over, been to poor even against a poor bowling attack, tho loving the rejuvenated ponting, long may it continue

S

Saige

Hi Ness...nice to be around, off to bed now though :) .... Hoping for a big day tomorrow boys!!

Happy2

Legend Member
....time to dust off the polyester flares, platform boots and body shirt......splash on the Brut 33, get a bottle of Stones Green Ginger Wine and haul out an ABBA album.......oh yeah.....who's ya daddy......lol... :)

Whats the body like after all those years of abuse Fudd?
Platform shoes - Ankles ruined because you fall but those damn shoes dont move they are planted solid

Brut 33 Your sinuses rotted as well as anyone within range When your sense of smell improved move up to Blue Stratos or the real cool rich boy stuff Aramis

Stones green ginger Liver detox wasnt thought of in those days wouldvé been handy At least you could have had stone mac Or were you just a poor teenager

ABBA Well could have been worse could have been the Bay City Rollers

Flares ? Only for use in lifeboats