Ode to Tiger Woods

J

johnnyshootsrainbow777

it would all be all right if he just didnt get married. got tired of his wife, said the media. that bastard! i'll take her if he dont want her.

F

Farm Boy

Now Lets Think about This Tiger is A Very Good looking Man + extremely wealthy (reported1000 X one million)+ has a beautiful blond wife + two nice kids Plus Lots of Woman (some of them hot) Does Tiger work.? No He Plays Golf .Is every Man piss off and Jealous, Is every woman outraged . More than likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do feel sorry for the Tiger Woods types. If I was a bit younger, had access to squillions of dollars and from my mid-teens onwards people had treated me as if I was a god, then there's a pretty good chance I might have screwed up too. If I had a bunch of "minders" looking after me and fiwing the little problems along the way then they may well have become REALLY big stuff ups. All great fun til the house of cards falls apart.

doob

Legend Member
O.K. Time for another Svengali rant.

Will someone please explain to me, preferably in words of one syllable, why sportsmen of all types get raised to such lofty heights in the public's awareness and just why they are paid such obscenely large amounts of money?

Take Tiger:

He "earns" gazillions of dollars a year for what?

Has he cured cancer?

Has he brought about world peace?

Has he risked life and limb fighting fires or fighting for his country in the armed forces?

Nope, none of the above. He just bashes a little white ball into a series of holes with oddly shaped sticks and does it better than most other people. Clever, but so what?

Plumbers, builders and electricians would do more useful work in a week than most sportsmen would do in a year so just what is all the fuss about?
Same can be said for AFL footy players, a sport largely played in one country of the world, watched by probably 20% of the population if at all. And when they retire, so many all into scandal, drugs and go broke.