Need help, Samsung Phone using google maps

Gypsy-Fern

Bronze Member
Hi guys, I'm with Mary-Anne and we are trying to use google maps. Ive used it before but only with written directions. Would it be in settings to be able to turn on the spoken directions? Any help appreciated. Thanks Fern xo

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Start and exit voice navigation
To start and exit voice navigation, follow the steps below.

1. Open the Google Maps app
    mn_G_BMRsi6PNCPDDTKECrnRFlKCnBAvEZwqn92zlaQriTCyZrKDnHgxUqlUVUI=w18
  2. Get directions to a location.
  3. To hear voice-guided navigation, touch Navigate
    ooVp_nOZ7zEGRZGwjQ1oJIU_lYXHUGdSwiwegTUaWYZuzjLqN0DdihdQe33ATPg9_Q=w18
  4. To exit, go to the bottom left and touch the X.

hope this helps i have a samsung phone

Gypsy-Fern

Bronze Member
Thanks very much for your help. We have it working a little bit better now. Do you know, should it be set on Traffic or Satelite? We've found the sound button, but not the start route, and from the looks of it I won't get the sound without the start button

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Start route is your location so you can either type it in on turn on the location this can be found in setting the symbol looks like this

images.jpe

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
there should be a round blue button on the screen if you press it and start to move it should start navigating (talking) to you..... thats how my same samsung works
i hope you get it going.....

Gypsy-Fern

Bronze Member
Start route is your location so you can either type it in on turn on the location this can be found in setting the symbol looks like this

View attachment 52518
Thank you Miss Monique for your assistance. I had quite a few controversies trying to get my GPS fully functioning. I was phoning vodaphone, going to the phone shops, but in the end, one of Mary-Annes friends re-adjusted my settings and has got me and my GPS up and running. Now all I need is a job to trail it out with

Gypsy-Fern

Bronze Member
yes thats the "button" i meant thank you miss monique your a star
Hi Miss Lana, all the girls to the rescue to help a damsel in distress with her GPS. I've finally got my Navigation working now and did a test run to Office Works to buy a matching car charger. I've only ever used a Navman once in Sydney City, thinking it would be very handy for city driving, but it too got confused with all the one way and no right turn roads piled up on each other. Darwin is much more cruizy to drive in then the Sunshine Coast. Its easy driving in Darwin. Well have a good night, or morning and talk to you again soon