• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

MotoGP

M

Mary Anne PA

Must agree, but they get paid shit loads & know the danger's...why call off the race???

J

Jasmine69

OMG i cant believe it, the world will not be the same without you marco, you will be missed lots by all xxxxxx :sad10::sad1:

S

sexnut

You could pretty much tell straight away. Laying there without his helmet on after it was broken off by rossis' bike.

RIP Marco. That now makes two deaths in two weeks for motorsport. There was the guy from the Indy cars in the 15 car pile up. :(

Iamhavesomefun

Gold Member
Must agree, but they get paid shit loads & know the danger's...why call off the race???

You are kidding me right?
Maybe it was called off because someone was fatally injured?
Edwards and Rossi ran the poor bloke over. Gosh it was the most horrific accident. Simoncelli didn't stand a chance, I just hope the first blow knocked him out and it was quick

J

Jasmine69

how very insensitive of you.... two guys just ran over and killed and mate give them time to grieve. it shows respect to the man that died them stopping the race.

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Very sad day, apparently him and Rossi were very good mates so for Rossi to be involved in the accident must be quite traumatic. Heart goes out to everyone affected.

Coming just a week after Wheldon's accident too. Being a lifelong motorsport fan I have to admit that affected me quite a lot.

Teaches us to live life to the full, to take every opportunity. Life is too short.

"You have one life to live. Astrology teaches us to blame the universe for our frailties. Marx teaches us to blame society, and Freud teaches us to blame our parents. But the only place to look for blame is if you didn’t have the guts to bring your full self, if you didn’t act on your desires, if you didn’t take advantage of what was in front of you and live the life that was your potential."

W

WRXXXR

Pretty brutal crash that's for sure and I couldn't imagine how Edwards and Rossi must be feeling. Still at almost 150km's, there is no possible way you can avoid a fallen rider in that situation.

It's really very lucky that it doesn't happen often given how many riders get thrown off.

S

sexnut

It was a weird one as he fell of awkwardly then came back across the track. Looks like it was instant so no suffering. :tearyeyed

W

WRXXXR

Rather than dropping and sliding it appears the front wheel gripped and he was trying to control it.

It was a big hit from Edwards but Rossi's impact would have been massive, especially without a helmet. I reckon Rossi might retire after this :(

I remember watching a very similiar crash with Wayne Gardiner when I was very young. Bloke nearly died and I think is now the safety bloke for motogp

B

bluey

It's pretty sad when you read things like "why call off the race".! A world champion died! Wish people would show more respect. Iv'e done plenty of track days and come off a few times myself but Iv'e never seen a front wheel dig in at that speed on a low side. The right decision was made. RIP Marco.

gadget man

Silver Member
R I P Marco, watched him race 250cc class, was an up and coming rider who
Would have great success in yrs to come

viper

Gold Member
A truly tragic event. I tip my helmet to a fallen future world champion taken before his time.

westboy

Foundation Member
This tragedy just exemplifies the small margin between success and disaster in this sport. I admire the GP riders immensely as they entertain us,but at great risk to themselves.Money doesn't come into it,just show them all the respect they deserve while they come to terms with Marco's untimely death.

Maxxy

Silver Member
R.I.P Marco a true talent on two wheels, we will never get to see his full potential.

fifoboy

Gold Member
You can't just go back out there, there has been an incident that caused a fatality, an investigation needs to take place, no one in their right mind is going to send them out again to potentially have the same thing happen again because the initial problem wasn't identified and rectified.

W

WRXXXR

In places like the isle of man and the nurburgring, it's not uncommon for someone to die and the track gets reopened an hour later!

S

sexnut

In places like the isle of man and the nurburgring, it's not uncommon for someone to die and the track gets reopened an hour later!

There is always death at that race. There was 2 last year and that nurburgring,I owuld love to drive on that!:notworthy

W

WRXXXR

Yeh the 'ring is incredible ;) easy to see why a shitload of people have died.

Isle of man is out of my league though. Maybe one day when I'm feeling brave I'll get to take part in the public day.

Sherry

Legend Member
So, so sad-way too young and talented-on yahoo news there is footage (shot by a fan that was there) of one of the ambulance drivers losing his grip of the stretcher and apparently dropping him. The article says he was still alive-I don't know what the point of the story was to be honest-from what I understand he couldn't of survived the accident-I couldn't watch the footage-don't know if they should be showing that-it seemed a little disrespectful. RIP you will be missed

S

sexnut

So, so sad-way too young and talented-on yahoo news there is footage (shot by a fan that was there) of one of the ambulance drivers losing his grip of the stretcher and apparently dropping him. The article says he was still alive-I don't know what the point of the story was to be honest-from what I understand he couldn't of survived the accident-I couldn't watch the footage-don't know if they should be showing that-it seemed a little disrespectful. RIP you will be missed

He was already dead, died on impact. His father was ok about them dropping him, he helped with the stretcher. Article on ninemsn about it.

C

cosmo-vars

Good to see most of the F1 community paying their tributes to Marco in today's race and wearing armbands/helmets in his honour.