Medicals are insisted upon at Langtrees VIP

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I am just curious why when we ask respectfully a lady if we could have a medical we often face so much resistance? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

I just had to do my annual check for Diabetes (family history) , Blood, HIV, Herpes, Hep A & Hep B & Hep C, Sugar & all sorts of other stuff one has to check when one gets a little older......Cancer smears & tests (again family history)
-- :banghead:DAMN I should have requested better DNA when God was handed me out my parents!!!

Again most regular (and I sure that term lightly) people I know go for medical check up every year for sure...just to know the most important equipment in they own (THEIR BODIES _ THEIR HEALTH) is working top notch...... they do so routinely for their cars... yet if they were sick they livelihood would be gone.....

AGAIN THIS BEGS THE QUESTION - WHY SO MUCH RESISTANCE TO A REQUEST THAT BENEFITS US ALL & LOCKS IN YOUR OWN REPUTATION!

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
i work in the health industry and people don't like to get tested cause the chance they might actually find something. They rather live with not knowing than knowing

dc123

I understand your point of view, however I can really trying to work out the ladies from our particular industry...
Being that if they keep themselves clean & checked up regularly,
they would just have that peace of mind & hold on strong to their convictions
when the same old typical question WILL YOU DO NATURAL? comes up...

Also being kept informed when you visit your doctor or Reg Nurse is paramount..... they are always in the know ... they will say if some crazy stuff is going on or spreading in the
community..

Anyway take no notice of me....
its just the ramblings of a "frustated medical-reports chaser-up - per"!!

Last edited:

Xtraman

珍愛生命
Diamond Member
I get tested every year and sometimes earlier.
When the doctor is writing out the referral etc I always ask for all STI tests as well.
They just give me a bit of a look and smile ;)
Oh and that was last week... all good ;)
That been said... you are only as good as the last WL you were a bit naughty with ;)

Linda

The Wild Child
Legend Member
i agree
especially in this industry
if i was a W/L i would probably do it 6 times a year just to be safe

AnnaBelle1996

Silver Member
I agree with the need for medicals. Aside from the individual safety for each working lady, there is more to the practice.

Many WL's *not all* struggle with the stigma attached to the industry. It seems to be a perception of some, particularly amongst those not involved, that many working ladies are "dirty". By ensuring that WL's are checked regularly, it gives us proof that we are innocent of this charge; and that the words of these uneducated individuals is invalid. We are not diseased, we are not spreading disease in the community and our industry is not a threat to community health. If we ourselves operate as a group of professionals, then we can be differentiated from the stereotypes of old and treated as professional women . We have evidence of what we claim, and we can work towards better education of our clients and the community.

Just as doctors strive to care for the interests of the community, road workers of our roads, and mechanics of our cars; we as WL's have the privilege of being on the forefront of the safe sex battle. If we behave as professionals we have a leg to stand on when demanding respect. If we act irresponsibly, RESPECT! turns to ...respect?

I am just curious why when we ask respectfully a lady if we could have a medical we often face so much resistance? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

I just had to do my annual check for Diabetes (family history) , Blood, HIV, Herpes, Hep A & Hep B & Hep C, Sugar & all sorts of other stuff one has to check when one gets a little older......Cancer smears & tests (again family history)
-- :banghead:DAMN I should have requested better DNA when God was handed me out my parents!!!

Again most regular (and I sure that term lightly) people I know go for medical check up every year for sure...just to know the most important equipment in they own (THEIR BODIES _ THEIR HEALTH) is working top notch...... they do so routinely for their cars... yet if they were sick they livelihood would be gone.....

AGAIN THIS BEGS THE QUESTION - WHY SO MUCH RESISTANCE TO A REQUEST THAT BENEFITS US ALL & LOCKS IN YOUR OWN REPUTATION!

elle4

Bronze Member
I feel that everyone not only sex workers should be responsible for their own health and take positive steps to keep themselves clean, healthy and tested. I understand sometimes people are scared or anxious about getting tests done or the results however I think that they need to have a think about the long term consequences that can come as a result of not having them done.

Being a sex worker I have my tests regularly done every six to twelve weeks which give me peace of mind that I am healthy for my own benefit as well as my clients.

However it never ceases to amaze and appal me of the number of clients who continue to ask for natural services and/or comment of other sex workers and parlours that provide such things.

As well as the lack of knowledge and/or ignorance that many guys have about sexual health, diseases, symptoms and testing, etc.

I will never forget the time last year whilst working in Canberra when an actual Doctor asked me to provide natural oral on him. Needless to say I took the strip of three condoms and slapped him across the face several times with them, whilst telling him that 'he should know better!'

Knowledge is power and I believe everyone should take steps to educate themselves in order to protect themselves. You never stop learning :)

sqizza

Gold Member
I was just reading he newspaper and found this article so thought it may be worth posting under this thread.

A LEADING medical expert blames young people’s complacency and a lack of education for the soaring rates of sexually transmitted infections among Australians, and urged people to get tested for STIs.

Rates of sexually transmitted diseases in Australia have increased by almost 80 per cent in the past 10 years — and most of those are treatable, preventable diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrea and sphyllis.

Dr Ged Foley, GP and chief medial officer at Independent Practioner’s Network, says people aged 16-25 are most likely to be affected.

“I think public awareness and vigilance has dropped off since the AIDS epidemic of the 80s, when we were really good about getting those messages about safe sex across,” Dr Foley told news.com.au.

“There’s a whole generation of people that have grown up since that time who are less vigilant.”

A new health website, SmartSex, hopes to encourage people to get tested for STIs by making the process less embarrassing and confronting.

Users can book and pay for an appointment online with one of 450 medical centres in NSW and the ACT. Following the test, the result will be delivered within two business days via SMS.

The service is aimed at people who don’t have a regular GP, or who feel uncomfortable discussing STIs with their normal doctor.

Dr Foley says getting young people, particularly men, to get screened can be difficult, often because they incorrectly assume the test requires an invasive procedure.

“A urine and blood sample is all that’s needed to test for common STIs,” he said.

Dr Foley says a public awareness campaign is needed to increase education and reduce the number of people with sexually transmitted diseases.

“For every case of diagnosed chlamydia we estimate there are four undiagnosed cases,” he said, “which means there are approximately half a million Australians who currently have chlamydia”.

One demographic who often avoids getting tested are people in long-term relationships.

But Dr Foley says relationships are “not a complete armoury” against STIs.

According to Sexual Health Australia, 50 per cent of long term relationships will experience an affair potentially exposing the other partner to a STI.

Dr Foley says: “If anybody get symptoms, no matter the status of their relationship, they should get checked out.

Raven Starr

Silver Member
If you're too lazy to get a medical... Imagine how lazy you are in the bedroom :eek:
Always get checked, it's for your health, and the health of others. Xx

Kim Marcos

Bronze Member
As a Human being WL or not. Its your responsibility, to yourself, your partner and your community to know exactly where you are standing health wise. As an adult and sexually active person. 20mins in the doctor is nothing, you walk in the street with peace of mind.! its priceless!!. Its simple as that.

Linda

The Wild Child
Legend Member
As a Human being WL or not. Its your responsibility, to yourself, your partner and your community to know exactly where you are standing health wise. As an adult and sexually active person. 20mins in the doctor is nothing, you walk in the street with peace of mind.! its priceless!!. Its simple as that.
Well put Kim
i completely agree

Sophie Lee

Gold Member
I tell pushy clients that get frustrated with my safe protection policy on my service "I wouldn't be employed if I didn't have my medical certificate, so please respect that even though you may say you are clean, I don't have your medical saying you are safe & I don't know where you've been, who you've been with & wouldn't want to risk my health", and they respect me for that and probably like being with me even more. We have to show respect to get respect.