• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Mate vs friend

Terti

Gold Member
Hi everyone , just wanted to know what the difference is between a mate and friend , are they the same thing ? interested in your thoughts .

Osman

Gold Member
So a mate you hang out with but a friend has your back .

In my book, I've known so many people through sporting and business connections, many of those people I get on very well with, and very happy to mix with them in a social atmosphere. However, I wouldn't share personal or intimate information with most of them, just a select few.

The word "mate" comes in very handy when you see someone you know but can't remember their name :)

N

Night Owl Ciao

A mate has your back
& a friend you can tell all about what happened.

Trishaxxx2

Gold Member
Omg I love ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the comments are beautiful I don't know why but the answers speak for itself hahaha 😅 I swear I'm sane lol

AusGopher

Diamond Member
A friend can be defined as a relationship of mutual affection between people.
A mate can be defined as a fellow, comrade, colleague, partner or someone with whom something is shared.
The difference in layman's terms - you can tell a secret to a friend in confidence in won't be spread. A mate will tell the secret regardless who they are around.

bianca2001

love being massaged and giving massages!
Silver Member
sometimes people call somebody a mate that they just met and even can use it for someone they don't like :D

PacMan222

Silver Member
Mate = An acquaintance you can just socially interact with superficially..
Friend = Someone you can trust and share something with..and has probably seen you at your worst ..