Long distance relationship are the purest test of love ...

Aaron

Canberra
Diamond Member
I'm wondering if any of our Forum Members have been in a Long Term Long Distance Relationship and what the secret is to making it work.

What's the Longest You've Been In?
What are some things you do to Keep Things Spicy?
Do you talk everyday? Once a Day?

All Advice Appreciated =)

Claire M

Bronze Member
Been in a successful long distance (same state - 4hrs apart now, though was opposite ends of the country)... D/s relationship for nearly a year now... it all hinges for me (s) to follow a strict life and lots of phone calls and face time... our sex life is amazing 😉 and goes well beyond quantity encounters .. rather aiming for quality time.. also knowing that there is an end date ☺️...

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
I've known my lady since 1985 when we were teenagers. Life took us in different directions with different people until she surfaced in Brisbane some 20 years ago and remains today.

She comes down here or I go up there. We didn't do the deed until 2013. That's a long time earning someone's trust

Attachments

• cindys pictures 222.jpg
    cindys pictures 222.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 26
  • cindys pictures 102.jpg
    cindys pictures 102.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 33

Vineta Sexting

Sexting Princess
Legend Member
Yes absolutely they work..
If there is a true desire from both side the relationship will work..I am in a relationship with an African professional Soccer player .We are in a relationship from more than 2 years ...We met thrice in a year. We talk daily on video call and we both are very happy .:playful:

WildGoat

Silver Member
Never want to try. Mate around got hurt from this. That lady from Thai set up this. She has been dating few guys from different countries with different holiday schedules. Then she can meet them all few times per year separately. Guys sent money to her to keep her happy. She married one of them in the end. My mate lost money and wasted his time and emotions. She got money from all guys and bought few properties and married other guy. 😡

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Yes they can... BUT trust is the ultimate word, and never miss a day to call, sms, email etc etc... once you start missing days distance really happens. if both parties love each other then its worth it.. BUT never miss a day of communication no matter how triival the conversation may end up being, Hearing a loved ones voice can mean the difference of a normal day becoming a brilliant day! especially if that conversation happens at the end of the day. if the time zone difference is greater than 5 hours it gets rather hard, one party is up while the other is asleep!

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I have been in a long distance relationship before and it is all about how much effort you put in and it has to be the same from your partner as well, like texting and calling each other pretty much everyday is essential once that stops it's true the relationship will fizzly out and you'll lose interest eventually.

Plus Trust!

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Interesting story nice shirt and what a great van is that yours I was thinking of getting one of those vans for the Bon Scott celebration's in Perth in march.

I think that photo was taken around 2012. The van belonged to Apollo Campers. I was "reloccing" it from Melbourne to Adelaide for them.

We paused at the SA/VIC border to take those pics.

Lacie4U

Diamond Member
Me too. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. Bit of both, I suspect.

Ozwarlock.
Your story reminds me of o poem “ Love Sonnet X1” by Pablo Neruda

“ I crave your mouth, your voice,your hair.
Silent and Starving I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me , dawn disrupts me , all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps ......”

Last edited:

TJ Ruff

Bronze Member
I'm in a long distance (5.5 hour drive) relationship for around six years now. It has to finish though, the distance that is! We're both getting close to being able to make it happen due to changing family situations.
Distance sucks and I wouldn't really recommend it but love will prevail!

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
The post is pointless , you need to tell a story for a thread to work.
The question should be Have you been in a long term relationship?
Have you any advice for me, as I am in one and finding it is hard?