• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

ladies, how buff is enough?

1Chat

Just wondering, what body type a modern woman looks for when that thought "he just fine" goes through your mind, and how important abs are?

rickman

Gold Member
everyones gonna be different mate, i usually keep my sixpack during summer and let it slide during winter. my experience is that girls like the look but not the feel, so you cant please everyone. haha

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Top-5-must-know-myths-about-getting-a-six-pack-962x1024.jpg

That's just Fine.

1Chat

everyones gonna be different mate, i usually keep my sixpack during summer and let it slide during winter. my experience is that girls like the look but not the feel, so you cant please everyone. haha

I don't work out, I like food too much, rich full flavoured food, and beer, but I work hard, so at any one point in time I'm 6 weeks away from a six pack, six from six I could say, but I never go there.....

1Chat

Top-5-must-know-myths-about-getting-a-six-pack-962x1024.jpg

That's just Fine.

That's it....its all over for me then.....Lol....:)

Undoubtedly a starting point right? Every day we wake up and look in the mirror we don't notice the change but we do change, so as a couple you grow together, where's the I've been changing, this is a hop on point?...does that make any sense??

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
That's it....its all over for me then.....Lol....:)

Undoubtedly a starting point right? Every day we wake up and look in the mirror we don't notice the change but we do change, so as a couple you grow together, where's the I've been changing, this is a hop on point?...does that make any sense??

Yes,it does make sense 1Chat, but it's Never Over till the Fat Lady Sings...............:happy::hungry::happy::hungry::happy::hungry:

dc123

Gold Member

What can i do to get a six pack?

mikeymike7

Gold Member
I don't work out, I like food too much, rich full flavoured food, and beer, but I work hard, so at any one point in time I'm 6 weeks away from a six pack, six from six I could say, but I never go there.....

I've worked in the fitness industry for about 5 years and go to the gym regularly. In my opinion, pretty much anyone can be 6 weeks away from a 6 pack if they work at it and control their diet.

1Chat

I've worked in the fitness industry for about 5 years and go to the gym regularly. In my opinion, pretty much anyone can be 6 weeks away from a 6 pack if they work at it and control their diet.
Six weeks of Arnie's 3 sets of 25 crunches,......in six minutes a set.....6weeks of 6minute sets for a 6 pack...666....now that's getting devilish..:)

rickman

Gold Member

You just have to want it enough mate, and it has to be for you. doing it for a woman will fail because if it doesnt work out you'll give up.

And dont you waste one second of your time doing crunches! If anything it'll just give you rounded shoulders and back pain. :(

1Chat

You just have to want it enough mate, and it has to be for you. doing it for a woman will fail because if it doesnt work out you'll give up.

And dont you waste one second of your time doing crunches! If anything it'll just give you rounded shoulders and back pain. :(

Interesting, so if not crunches, what then.....or is there a pill.....?.;-)

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Just wondering, what body type a modern woman looks for when that thought "he just fine" goes through your mind, and how important abs are?
very naive question. . no such thing as good enough mostly. from my experience there always on the lookout for an upgraded model

1Chat

very naive question. . no such thing as good enough mostly. from my experience there always on the lookout for an upgraded model
May be naieve, but given the forum totally appropriate. Melbourne cup......wellllll.....ladies thank you, legs, bums, boobs and smiles......being a man is totally a joy, six pack or not...!:)

rickman

Gold Member
Interesting, so if not crunches, what then.....or is there a pill.....?.;-)

biggest muscles burn the most calories, which means legs and back, but to keep it balanced you need chest and shoulders too. Dont worry about smaller muscles like abs and arms, they get worked during the big movements and dont need to be focused, at least not until you get to your goal weight.

And ditch sugar, its poison, if you make no other change to your diet that one will be huge.

rickman

Gold Member
oh and as to a pill, steroids on their own would make about a 10% difference which isnt much, any other pill is gonna be weaker than steroids so unfortunately no, just hard work my friend ;)

Xtraman

珍愛生命
Diamond Member
Always open to any recommendations on Abs etc
currently transforming my 54yo body atm :)
shame about the old grey fucked up head though
nothing can change that ;)
XM

Bree

Silver Member
My penny's worth - if a guy is too "Ken Doll", ie too buff, or too vain/bothered about his appearance, it's a turn off, as he seems far more interested in himself than me!

It's fine to want to be fit and healthy, but not to obsess over it. I'm all for a bit of softness round the edges (or skinniness). Being buff isn't the biggest turn on - being down to earth and good fun is.

Just sayin ;)

Over and out....
B x x

1Chat

biggest muscles burn the most calories, which means legs and back, but to keep it balanced you need chest and shoulders too. Dont worry about smaller muscles like abs and arms, they get worked during the big movements and dont need to be focused, at least not until you get to your goal weight.

And ditch sugar, its poison, if you make no other change to your diet that one will be huge.
Ditch sugar....ahhhhh ha ha ha ha, comedic.....;)

svengali

Foundation Member
oh and as to a pill, steroids on their own would make about a 10% difference which isnt much, any other pill is gonna be weaker than steroids so unfortunately no, just hard work my friend ;)

Ain't that the awful truth.

Pages of crap about fancy celebrity diets and awesome workouts distilled down to one simple formula - eat fewer calories, burn more.

Gobble_Doc

Diamond Member

Pages of crap about fancy celebrity diets and awesome workouts distilled down to one simple formula - eat fewer calories, burn more.
That's right. All of us have Abs. Most of us just choose to hide them discretely under a layer of fat. The secret to exposing them is to reduce the fat by eating less calories than we burn.
GD

rickman

Gold Member

There's a bit more to it than calories in - calories out, hormones and stress levels are out of check these days. Also not all food is disgested/processed equally so some calories are worse than others (ie. sugar/alcohol)

But you're right, you cant make excuses until you have the basics down which is eat slightly less than you burn.

Some tips;
Drink more Water! (we're mostly water and most people are dehydrated)
Sleep at least 8 hours (I dont care if you function on less, its coming at a price)
Eat clean (meat and veg, and yes veg has carbs so they're ok)
Exercise 3-7 times a week for 30-45mins
And have fun, because when you're having fun you're destressing.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
There's a bit more to it than calories in - calories out, hormones and stress levels are out of check these days. Also not all food is disgested/processed equally so some calories are worse than others (ie. sugar/alcohol)

But you're right, you cant make excuses until you have the basics down which is eat slightly less than you burn.

Some tips;
Drink more Water! (we're mostly water and most people are dehydrated)
Sleep at least 8 hours (I dont care if you function on less, its coming at a price)
Eat clean (meat and veg, and yes veg has carbs so they're ok)
Exercise 3-7 times a week for 30-45mins
And have fun, because when you're having fun you're destressing.
Or go and see Jaz at PT, she will distress you