• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

FionaFields

Bronze Member
Hey girls,

In this topic we'd been discussing health and well-being for working girls. So I was wondering, what do you do to keep yourself healthy and emotionally safe? Some things that work for me:

• Make sure someone knows what I do. I'm not totally open because our culture is so whorephobic and hostile towards sex workers (booo!) but most of my friends know what I do. Gives me a place to get support when I need is, and share my stories and enthusiasm!
  • Take care of my body. I try to eat well, get enough sleep and exercise regularly. I've had clients comment on my lack of flexibility after I trained my hamstrings a bit too hard - whoops! Hehehehe. I munch on the healthy snacks at Langtrees, veggies and fruits and stuff like that.
  • Sleeping during the day and being awake during the night means I miss out on all the health benefits of moderate exposure to sunlight. So when I get up I go outside to catch those last rays of sun. Splash on some sunscreen and have a nap on the beach!
  • I don't accept disrespect from clients. Money is great but in the end of the day not worth it if it means I'm being emotionally hurt. I treat others with respect and expect the same.
  • Have a laugh with the other girls. It's one of the things I love about Langtrees - hanging out with the other ladies, you guys are so nice and supportive and funny :).

So what do you do to keep happy, healthy and sane?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
good point Fiona..........it is really important to look after ourselves and make sure that we are balanced and healthy.........
ok.....for me:
1) nobody knows what I am doing. There is no need for it and I am not trusting the society out there (friends included) the less people know the less damaged/headache can be done.
2) physical activity is high on my list. A good work out takes away frustration and any other negative emotions plus I find fitness and strengths is an essential in this job.
3) good diet........in my case a lot of protein and vegetables........no fast food, no sugar, no meat.
4) good sleep........I am still struggling with the day time sleep but I am getting better.
5) know when you need a break. A lot of ladies work endless nights in a row which is not good as it will burn you out sooner or later.
6) have a great time outside work with people who have nothing to do with your work.........the ability to switch off.
7) love and appreciate fellow "ladies in crime"..........after all we are sitting in the same boat.......so let's work together.

The Rock

Fitser Team
Gold Member
Happiness and health are more closely related than you might think. A healthy lifestyle can boost your mood and increase happiness, while a positive mindset can extend your life and help you avoid unhealthy ways
If you want a happy and healthy life then you must follow this simple steps
1.exercise
2.Eat well
3.Quiet smoking
4.stay connected to your old ones