• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Job Hunting

TheCock

Legend Member
Is it just me or is it harder to find a job? How do we find a job that you love and enjoy doing?

I have many jobs Id love to do but unable to acheive presently :( Its hard finding new work::)

L

Lilly Sweetheart

I would have to agree, it is bloody hard work to find a job if it is a new career path.
Everyone wants experience and I have found that no helps eachother out anymore. Everyone keeps their employment opportunities closely guarded.

J

jaipockta

Is it just me or is it harder to find a job? How do we find a job that you love and enjoy doing?

I have many jobs Id love to do but unable to acheive presently :( Its hard finding new work::)

Plenty of work in the northwest. i think its more a case sometimes of people being too lazy to get off their ass

David_San

Gold Member
Comes down a lot of the time to who you know as well.

I work in recruitment and it has definitely been slower the last 3 months, but there is still a lot of opportunity out there.

P

Perth boy

Well from the other side of the fence it's just as hard to find a good worker. Apprentices are the worse. They do a few years and quit.
What's with people these days. I find workers lazy, wining about the pay but don't want to work. Alway taking time off etc.
Work force over 40 are all good. It's not all the under 40's but a large percentage.

C

Contrarian

That's an interesting comment about "plenty of work in the Northwest". I hear many people say that but I've also known people who have been trying for ages to find work there without much success. I gather there are two types of people in that "plenty of work" - the qualified skilled types ranging from mining engineers to welders and the non-qualified ones doing cleaning, catering etc.

And both jobs aren't that easy to come by - the companies are flooded with applicants. If you don't have a qualification, you don't just get one by snapping your fingers - it can be up to four years of study. It's a bit of a myth in a sense - and the companies are already retrenching in the Northwest if the papers are anything to go by.

J

jaipockta

That's an interesting comment about "plenty of work in the Northwest". I hear many people say that but I've also known people who have been trying for ages to find work there without much success. I gather there are two types of people in that "plenty of work" - the qualified skilled types ranging from mining engineers to welders and the non-qualified ones doing cleaning, catering etc.

And both jobs aren't that easy to come by - the companies are flooded with applicants. If you don't have a qualification, you don't just get one by snapping your fingers - it can be up to four years of study. It's a bit of a myth in a sense - and the companies are already retrenching in the Northwest if the papers are anything to go by.

lived there for years, plenty of silled & unskilled work. mayb a case of who u kno rather than what you know. & if u need to get skilled do it rather than procrastinate

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Well from the other side of the fence it's just as hard to find a good worker. Apprentices are the worse. They do a few years and quit.
What's with people these days. I find workers lazy, wining about the pay but don't want to work. Alway taking time off etc.
Work force over 40 are all good. It's not all the under 40's but a large percentage.

I'm with you on this one PB.

I have resorted to Back Packers as about the only reliable workforce available.
They turn up every day and actually work for their pay. No alternatives or Centrelink Back up is a good incentive.

I have an opportunity for an ex Navy or Air force Techo type to work Permanent Part Time.
Someone that has retired but still wants to do a bit of work to supliment their punting budget.

C

colzilla

Have agree on the back packers. A few years back I worked with some Irish back packers. They'd just about do anything for cash money. Great work ethic and cheerful about doing it.