Is Uber pubic transport?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Last night got Uber he demanded a mask. is Uber now a public transport I thought you had to be a members therefore Uber is not transport like taxis are .Thoughts please

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Masks are required in rideshare and public transport so far as I know. Not sure how you categorise Uber.

I've never used Uber. Caught an Ola a couple times. First time, the driver was African, drove like a gazelle was after him and nearly wrecked us twice.

Nev

Gold Member
Uber's lawyers would fight really hard to not be classified as public transport, as that would make their drivers' businesses far less viable.

HookPsy

Gold Member
It's still a paid service public or not. They have the right to refuse if you don't comply. And as in enclosed spaces masks are required. Are you willing to get in a strangers car if they have covid? 10k + cases a day. Won't be surprised if ppl catch it off public transports.

peartywerty

Diamond Member
Regardless whether Uber is public transport or not, they have had long-standing rule of needing to wear a mask while using their services.

MikeB

Legend Member
Haven't had Covid. Ain't exoectin' to get it, rideshare or not.
Best not go to any place where public gathers then, perhaps get back into the cave🤔 as WA was famously described!

My partner got it at a restaurant where people were unmasked eating but I missed it then even tho an ‘intimate’ contact. Then after she recovered, I got it at a music show at a pub, people unmasked while drinking and much dancing & good times. it definitely getting difficult to dodge living a ‘normal’ life, even if cautious.

I’m now finding it rare to find people would haven’t got close contacts who haven’t had it whether vaccinated or not. Total reversal of the experience back in Feb!!!!

jebradio

Gold Member
Any form of paid transport is still under mask mandates... though most I have used don't care... if you are vaxxed and comfortable then decline... and really 2 people in a space... only 1 needs a mask don't they..

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Best not go to any place where public gathers then, perhaps get back into the cave🤔 as WA was famously described!

My partner got it at a restaurant where people were unmasked eating but I missed it then even tho an ‘intimate’ contact. Then after she recovered, I got it at a music show at a pub, people unmasked while drinking and much dancing & good times. it definitely getting difficult to dodge living a ‘normal’ life, even if cautious.

I’m now finding it rare to find people would haven’t got close contacts who haven’t had it whether vaccinated or not. Total reversal of the experience back in Feb!!!!

Alright. I'll stay in a cave then.

Logan_douche

Bronze Member
Yeah, Uber's not public transport, but they've got mask rules to keep everyone safe, kind of like taxis do. It's all about making sure both drivers and riders are protected.