• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

In not a vindictive man

F

Farm Boy

I am not a vindictive man but always hoped that something bad happened to Sandy Roberts + Gerard Healy. You no what today my wish came half true,About Half way through the 3/4. Know it all Gerard wrote the Dockers off,pontificating about the grate Ge-long with his smug Eastern State Blue blood attitude he realty Piss me off ,Many Years I sat on a tractor, radio on listening to Sandy or Gerard gloating over Docker stuff ups ,These two are harder to take than Drought Frost + fly blown sheep, If only The R. R. of commentators Dennis Cometti was on today.and all Docker games.

fifoboy

Gold Member
I'm a fan of Dennis myself, that's why I'd never want to inflict him with the horror of having to watch 22 Dockers games a year. :thumbsup:

F

Farm Boy

Horror? Some games Have been painful or even very painful, But I don't think any would have been beyond Dennis level of tolerance. In all , for those of us who live too far away to attend games live, a really good + fair Commentator makes victory's sweet and
defeat at least educational .

Bulldog Fan

Silver Member
Clinton Grybas who used to be on Fox was pretty damn good
He was supposed to be the "next big thing" in footy commentary
Sadly no longer with us.

F

Farm Boy

Yesterday while giving his expert opinion at the Collingwood Hawthorn game Matthew Lioyd was heard to say PENCIL THE PIES IN FOR THE NEXT FOUR ,now Maty's a good bloke but perhaps is getting a bit ahead of himself.

Banjo6938

Silver Member
Dennis Cometti is the best footy commentator so far. AFL fans shouldn't complain though a couple of the rugby callers are terrible lol.

F

Farm Boy

Gerard did not seem to be his usual Cock Sure sneering Know it all self last Sunday( dockers v Saints )Not sure why May be Dockers have at last gained a bit of respect. A much more likely scenario wood be that Gerard is a member of this forum and read my opinion of his commentary.

Professional7

Professional 7 ..Here to Enjoy !
Silver Member
I am not a vindictive man but always hoped that something bad happened to Sandy Roberts + Gerard Healy. You no what today my wish came half true,About Half way through the 3/4. Know it all Gerard wrote the Dockers off,pontificating about the grate Ge-long with his smug Eastern State Blue blood attitude he realty Piss me off ,Many Years I sat on a tractor, radio on listening to Sandy or Gerard gloating over Docker stuff ups ,These two are harder to take than Drought Frost + fly blown sheep, If only The R. R. of commentators Dennis Cometti was on today.and all Docker games.
I was fortunate to win a major tipping comp last year , and part of my prize was a breakfast meeting and pictures with Dennis C , and let me tell you he is a very professional individual who knows his stuff . He was saying that many years ago as a " Disk Jockey " he used to spend many hours listening to tapes sent from the USA , and he would pick bits out he thought suitable and use on his radio show .

Just a lovely man , with great knowledge of what hes doing , and still wanting to grow in the Role , he certainly earned my respect when I was able to sit down and talk to him .

Im a St.kilda supporter , but on radio for me , Its pretty much only the ABC that I will listen to .

F

Farm Boy

Yesterday while giving his expert opinion at the Collingwood Hawthorn game Matthew Lioyd was heard to say PENCIL THE PIES IN FOR THE NEXT FOUR ,now Maty's a good bloke but perhaps is getting a bit ahead of himself.

History shows Matthew was right The Pies won the next four games. bad luck Dockers.