Important NEW Information: Another Reason To Always Practice Safe Sex

T

Tania Admin

(Sorry if it breaks rules @Mrs Langtrees , please remove if required, thought it was relevant to this forum especially)

condoms will be even more popular now after Chinese men had their sperm tested after recovering...

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...-after-mens-recovery-research-finds-c-1025426
Wow. This post can stay.

It contains vital and helpful information that is important for all our members.

Thank you for sharing this with us, much appreciated.

I have changed the title to hopefully entice more members to read this post.

I wonder if women's fluid is the same?

TantraShiva

Legend Member
Would you transfer covid to the baby or partner then? Will we need a covid test before booking ladies?

sircurious

Legend Member
Definitely much more research is needed here as only 38 people were actually tested and only 6 of those were found to carry the virus in their sperm. The article has not been peer reviewed and I would not say what was published on the journal website was a great piece of academic report writing with only six references utilized. I would wait to see if more reputable research is undertaken and reported in a medical journal such as The Lancet or The New England Journal of Medicine (which publishes research from Harvard University).

T

Tania Admin

Definitely much more research is needed here as only 38 people were actually tested and only 6 of those were found to carry the virus in their sperm. The article has not been peer reviewed and I would not say what was published on the journal website was a great piece of academic report writing with only six references utilized. I would wait to see if more reputable research is undertaken and reported in a medical journal such as The Lancet or The New England Journal of Medicine (which publishes research from Harvard University).
Smart to not rule out the possibility though, 1 out of 38 is to many.

It's always good to reinforce "Safe Sex Is The Best Sex "

sircurious

Legend Member
I'm doing my PhD at the moment and my main concern with the article is the research hasn't been proven - i.e. it has not been peer reviewed from experts in the medical field. This study consisted of only 38 people in China, there is no information on how the study was conducted - laboratory set up etc, so that is why I am skeptical of the research being undertaken, it might be legitimate or it might be very flawed. That is why it needs to be analyzed further. But I whole heartily agree Safe sex is the only way to go.

Smart to not rule out the possibility though, 1 out of 38 is to many.

It's always good to reinforce "Safe Sex Is The Best Sex "

T

Tania Admin

I'm doing my PhD at the moment and my main concern with the article is the research hasn't been proven - i.e. it has not been peer reviewed from experts in the medical field. This study consisted of only 38 people in China, there is no information on how the study was conducted - laboratory set up etc, so that is why I am skeptical of the research being undertaken, it might be legitimate or it might be very flawed. That is why it needs to be analyzed further. But I whole heartily agree Safe sex is the only way to go.
There are other references to this type of research on the net. I can't post to much as Carona is a banned topic on here.
Do some internet searching. There is more on it on the net :)

sircurious

Legend Member

Story on the research in the New York Times - two of the researchers involved in the study couldn't be contacted for comment and infectious disease experts contacted by the New York Times stated that much more research would be needed to determine whether this very small study is correct.

That was only for new topics, can post links in this thread.

Really need more research

T

Tania Admin

That was only for new topics, can post links in this thread.

Really need more research
That was not Mary-Anne's instruction. Sorry. Everyone has access to Google. There are lots of articles about research on the topic.

The Voice

Diamond Member
More nonsense news designed for clickbait and for those that do not understand the basics of the scientific method.

Anything goes on plain Google so it is not a good source of information - information such as 5G causing coronavirus. Please use Google Scholar instead, where only science based peer reviewed articles are linked.

Last edited: