Illegal drug use in society

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Drugs like most things may improve or make your life worse. Then there is the problem drugs have a different effect on different people.

I admit I have only taken prescribed drugs other than headache pills on very rare times.

I was tempted in my younger day to try LSD. However I did not as was often known as the straightest hippie they had ever met.

I agree with the comment it is your life so it is up to you to decide what or not what you take.

Sorry but now I must go and have a strong cup of coffee.
:walk:

M

milf_hungry

Mozart was an alcoholic, addicted to opiates.
Jim Morrison used cannabis and LSD
so did the Beatles
and Pink Floyd

Almost every decent musician has used psycadelic drugs.
If you think drugs are a bad thing, take the advice of the late great Bill Hicks
Take all your records and CDs and burn them cause you know what?
Those musicians.......
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal (expletive) high

C

curiousc85

i agree with the zero tolerance approach to drugs... i myself have experienced the bad side of this. My ex of 4 years is a chronic drug addict and i myself have never used drugs... the things that drug addicts do are appalling... they have no sense of right or wrong!!!!!

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
i agree with the zero tolerance approach to drugs... i myself have experienced the bad side of this. My ex of 4 years is a chronic drug addict and i myself have never used drugs... QUOTE]

i have never taken n never will any illicit drugs i only know wat druggies do by wat i read n see on tv n movies so please could u let me know wat u meant by saying ............. the things that drug addicts do are appalling... they have no sense of right or wrong!!!!![/
especially since u have witnessed it first hand

David_San

Gold Member
Only really started using illicity drugs in the last 2 years, pretty much since I became a professional. Guess the fact I have friends who are less than angels doesn't help the situation.

I've had a couple really bad drug experiences and was very luck to have someone watching over me to make sure I was ok.

Festival season in the summer seems to be the worst time for me, usually popping a few pills is the only way I can get through an event such as Summerdayze.

I have a cousin who has pretty much fucked his life from drugs so I can see the other side of it. its messed up when you see mr big drug kingpin having a coffee in the cafe nextdoor to your work in Subiaco knowing full well hes partially responsible for messing up countless lives and there is nothing that can be done about it.

C

curiousc85

well where to start bepp712!!!!!
what have i experienced first hand is probably not the norm but enough to keep anyone away from it!!!!! he has stolen from not only me but his other friends and family, i have seen him overdose countless amounts of times, he used to get so f**ked up he would bring other girls home and forget that he lived with me!!! I've lost jewellery and birthday presents that he hocked in while i was at work, ive lost houses, ive lost cars, ive lost friends!!!!!!

M

Minxxy

Hey dudes

Like David San, I am a recreational drug user. People quote drugs like ice and ecstacy being the devil's work - neither me nor any of my friends have ever had an adverse reaction to it. Not saying it will never happen, condoning the drug or saying its great, but we have it on occassion, head out, dance all night, stay out of trouble, have a laugh and then catch a cab home in the morning. No fights, no crime, no addiction, no mental breakdowns... Just a group of people having fun and taking care of each other

Alas, I have seen family members who are long term smokers and alcoholics enjoy their legal drugs and then be supported by the governent whilst they suffer from gout, cancer, liver disease....

Where is the sense in that?

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
i'll b upfront n say i'm a loner in life,n i dont much bout relationships, so the question i ask to the person whose partner is a confirmed drug addict ,i dont mean a recreational user , one who lies cheats robs o/d's occasionally turns their life n yours upside down n inside out what do u do? do u stand by them do you disown them how do you get on with your life while they r ruining themselves an causing all sorts of probs for you

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Drugs are everywhere in out society and that hasn't changed for 50plus years.

You can look at any sort of drug wether it be prescription drugs or illegal drugs there out there and the problem is getting further and further out of control.

The only one good thing they have done for the user on the lower end of the scale they have bought in drug courts. So instead of locking someone up for a small amount of drugs you can now take an option and go thru a drug court.

That means you declare you will become clean and are subjected to numerous tests, if you fail you go back to court and get sentenced.

The other good thing that the law has brought in any drug dealer that is known to supply large amounts of drugs and gets caught has most of there possessions frozen. That has stopped alot of the Mr Bigs in the drug industry.

Take a look at the show on Monday night about Neddy Smith and how easy it was to get a suit case of heroin into our country in the 70's early 80's.
Also anybody that has watched the BLUE MURDER tapes will know exactly what goes on then and still goes on today.

After spending millions of dollars on the Fitzgerald report you now see 25 cops,detectives on corruption charges again in Q.L.D.
Anybody that thinks this isn't happening in every state in Australia has got to have rocks in there head.(not pink or beige ones either)

So where does the answer lie to this situation? I believe there is no answer as there is to much corruption going on. Every time you get a good cop at the top job they seem to get rid of them. Falconer i believe was on the right track but he got forced to take early retirement so i believe.

The biggest problem in this day and age is not heroin it's the shit they make in these labs,crystal meth,ekkies etc. There the drugs that are fucking up our kids of today and i mean kids.

Just to give you an idea how bad things are today and maybe not so much with heroin but in 95 we got on a train to Cabramatta and with in 2 mins we were back on the next train going back into Sydney after i scored off a girl about 15 within 30 to 45seconds of getting off the train. That is a very true story. I believe they have cleaned Cabramatta up alot since then.

The main factor in the fight against drugs of today there is so much money involved some of the cops give in and take a massive amount of money to turn a blind eye. As i said some not all. Take a look at who was the main player in the biggest shipment of phesdo ephedrine, it was one of the highest cops we have.

So to me there is no answer to the problem as its much much bigger than most people imagine. The sad part about it is all the young kids mixed up in it and there isn't much help for them in reality.
Yeah the cops make out there doing something about it, like having dogs at parties and drug bins. They are the ones that do care but in fact its way bigger than they imagine.

Everything i have written here is just from listening to the stories that get out in the Media.Where the answer lies is anybodies guess, but one thing it is much more worse now than what it used to be sadly.

LeprahornLeprahorn

Bronze Member
Im With You Minxy But Sometimes the reason's people take them can tend to get distorted in a cloud that end's up being that large that they forget why it was they started taking them in the first place.. They end up taking them to block the misery in their life that they've created.. Herion has no place in our society and i although have tried it and have seen many friends and family destroy their lives and others and or to end up dying from overdose to AIDS.. spanning generations, Father to Sons or in my case Uncles,Aunts,Cousins and friends.. I think any body that deals in it are well lets say no more.. but i think the others in moderation can be funnn but like happytimes said its our children's live's at stake and as for partners well i'm glad mine stood by me and i her but i know i'm one of the very lucky few. All i can suggest is that every one try educate themselves keep an open mind and make it your business to educate your children there are no answers thats why we must create our own solutions..

LeprahornLeprahorn

Bronze Member
And as far as legal and illegal goes that only lays the title the goverment choose to give the people behind it all... Pharmaceutical Company and Chemist or Drug Lord and COOK.. One they Force underground becase its of Economic Benifit to them only to cost us tax payers Billions while the other flourishe's making them Billions.. Before the World Herion Epidemic Started in the early seventys America had oppurtunity to buy the world opium crop and help save a starving nation they chose not to geal with a drug lord ass they saw it only to watch it flood the world and america costing them hundreds of billions more their answer was to kill or catch the drug lord only to see another take its place the goverment create these problems how else can the politicans afford to retire to the fat pensions

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
Whether you caught the show last night where it showed KIDS as young as 8 doing and selling drugs for me that just shows how out of control the drug market is.

Yeah i have done drugs but not when i was 8. To me that is just to young, but then you have doctors putting these kids on the shit.
My son was hyper active but in his youth these drugs such as dexy's and Ritalin were not around. We found by changing his diet and having very little sugar changed his ways over time.

So who is at blame in all of this?? I have my thoughts but would like some other opinions on it.