• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

I just joined a club......

Fudd

Foundation Member
.....that I didn't want to join. Yep, anyone who rides a motorbike/scooter knows of that club whose members have taken a tumble whilst riding......bugger!!!......well, one thing is for sure.......there's stuff all flexibility in asphalt.....OUCH!!!...... :)

N

Naughty Thoughts

Hope you had protection!

I'm going to be getting put onto a bike against my will soon - any tips? Maybe ... relax and go limp before impact?

Happy2

Legend Member
If you are to be the passenger and the smiling one is going to be your chauffeur May I suggest you were the same uniform as your avatar
Plus whatever ever soft padding you can find Strap pillows to your self anything
I mean you do realise surgeons have a soft spot for bike riders they call bikers Donors

Fudd

Foundation Member
....the only impact was with the road, Lone. The car in front of me braked suddenly and when I applied the brakes, the back end slid out from under me on the wet & oily road. My knee & elbow took the brunt of the impact with the road. As for protection, I do wear protective clothing when I ride and would strongly recommend that you do likewise, Lone. And now it's off to the doctor.....

Happy2

Legend Member
And make sure the protection is thicker than what we wear when we visit Langtrees

N

Naughty Thoughts

Individual bikes, I'll be all on my lonesome. I'm assuming the more experienced riders will be way off the in the distance as I'm puttering along at 10km/h thinking "this is so faaaassstt!!"

:D

Hope you're all right Fudd. They really should make the roads softer in consideration of the people falling onto it. Not just riders, but drunks late at night as well...

Sherry

Legend Member
Fudd wasn't it a boat you fell off last time?? haha hope you're ok and didn't draw a crowd xxx

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Fudd........you are too "well matured" to hit the asphalt without consequences. (even boats are not safe territory) ;) maybe you should limit yourself to public transport and/or car....or just walk........:walk:

R.xxxxxxxx
PS: hope you are ok.....

Happy2

Legend Member
Sounds like our friend Fudd should not go to Melbourne either. Those rascally twams stop right in the middle of the street Yet another obstacle to conquer

TheCock

Legend Member
Hope you had protection!

I'm going to be getting put onto a bike against my will soon - any tips? Maybe ... relax and go limp before impact?

Yes dont stiffing up, cover the face and roll. The motorsport motoGp they practice falling off.

Hope ur feeling better Fudd.

Fudd

Foundation Member
....am feeling stiff & sore (bruises & scrapes) but no broken bones according to the doc. More importantly, no damage to my rugged looks (and boyish charm).........lol....... :)

Happy2

Legend Member
Did you learn Your scooter survival skills in Italy Mr Fudd? Survive there you can survive anywhere Or so they say

Fudd

Foundation Member
Did you learn Your scooter survival skills in Italy Mr Fudd? Survive there you can survive anywhere Or so they say

...no, but riding a motorbike (not a scooter) around Italy is one of the things on my "to-do" list..... :)

T

Tania Admin

Hope you had protection!

YES, see you are already well ahead of most learners babe lol I'm sure the kids will have some other tips for you. It's their job to teach you,, I will be off flicking mud up on the track (that's my job) lol,,,mwahahaha

T

Tania Admin

You do motorx smiley?

Always wanted to try that

Not motorX, I ride just for the fun of it,,its an adrenalin rush hitting speeds and taking jumps, I don't need the trophies (everyone in my house has a bike and rides),,,I have a 2008 Limited edition YFZ450 in awesome condition, we maintenance our bikes before and after every ride (as it should be),,She is my beast,,,but she is up for sale at the moment ($6000 flat),,,of course to be replaced by another bike, just a cheapy for this season (i need the $$) with the intention of updating to a newer model by next season..Any interested buyers?

TheCock

Legend Member
Not motorX, I ride just for the fun of it,,its an adrenalin rush hitting speeds and taking jumps, I don't need the trophies (everyone in my house has a bike and rides),,,I have a 2008 Limited edition YFZ450 in awesome condition, we maintenance our bikes before and after every ride (as it should be),,She is my beast,,,but she is up for sale at the moment ($6000 flat),,,of course to be replaced by another bike, just a cheapy for this season (i need the $$) with the intention of updating to a newer model by next season..Any interested buyers?

Or many w/l with that dosh!

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
SIGH..................you got me dreaming there Smiley. I so want a bike again :love10: but guess a rather expensive trip to Europe comes first and then I see what can be done next summer. LOL guess I should start with a few refresher lessons before I join the chaos of Perth's roads again or I might join the club as well. :nono:

R.xxxxxxxxxxx

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
Best Protection is:
Don't get on a bike at all!!!
Too many idiots on the road that have no idea what they are doing.
My ex ex ex spent 3 months in Hospt and 2 skin grafts after an idiot indicated to turn right and changed his mind in a small
truck and turned left, bike and rider catapulted down the road but for once Mr Plod was driving right behind.
Sounds like you were lucky, sendinding good healing vibes to you.
Sharaz xxx

F

Farm Boy

8679ihi_20.jpg

I was chasing a maggoty old Ewe across a bit of rough ground on one of these Ag bikes, Deadmag in hand when the old dear
manoeuvre's over some rocks and yes Ag bike cocky deadmag and rocks mingled , lucky I did not die or the fly's would not have liked me .

G

Gentleman

View attachment 11314

I was chasing a maggoty old Ewe across a bit of rough ground on one of these Deadmag in hand when the old dear
manoeuvre's over some rocks and yes Ag bike cocky deadmag and rocks mingled , lucky I did not die or the fly's would not have liked me .

Do you think many forum members would understand the terminology you used.

T

teddEbear

.....am feeling a lot better thanks Ted.....as for the bike, scrapes down the right side and the right mirror snapped off.....but is fine.

Thats good news :) On the bright side, there's no better time to get rid of those pesky fairings and go NAKED ;)

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
When are you on your bike again, Fudd? Hope this incident didn't put you off biking. When I crashed my mum's car (ages ago and my fault) my dad literally forced me behind the wheel a day later. First I thought "what the fuck......." but thinking about it he did me a huge favour. I had no time to develop resentments/fear when driving........nothing more dangerous than a scared driver.

R.xxxxxxxxx