• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

I couldnt figure out how to find this story

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member

Happy2

Legend Member
Thanks Penny I wonder why we cant do something like this in Perth?
Because for all the wonderful words people utter on opinion pages of the paper etc
No one wants to put up money or if they do they don't want " those people " living next door and lowering the value of their own houses
Easier to just say Shame on the government And the government and church charities etc should Do something

LongHair

Legend Member
Thanks Penny I wonder why we cant do something like this in Perth?
apathy !
Governments are not really interested in solving the public housing crisis and the real estate industry has too much interest in driving up the cost of housing. Investors do not wish to drive down the cost of the rental market.

So the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the rest of just dont care

LongHair

Legend Member
I totally agree, we as a society should care ! perhaps its the cynic in me, however good luck in getting any support or assistance from government.

On Census night in 2016, around 8,200 Australians were sleeping rough (ABS 2018)—living on the streets, sleeping in parks, squatting, staying in cars or living in improvised dwellings. Despite accounting for only around 1 in 14 Australians who are homeless, rough sleepers are the most visible of those experiencing homelessness and are recognised as some of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable people in society

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I did the video tour and found it very interesting I am keen to go on a tour to Austen and see it first hand who is up for a trip in August Sept this year?

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
I believe that allover the world govt will never solve the issues, because if the issues are solved then they will not have anything to fix and cannot ask for vote. It's happening almost everywhere

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Well I believe we are the government, we vote them in and if we sit around doing nothing nothing will get done...I think what Texas has achieved can be done in all cities in the world...but right now I am interested in Perth.

indie2003uk

Gold Member
It’s the altitude the government adopts, Finland changed there way a few years ago, affordable homes and counseling. I think they finally have no homeless people.
Making it illegal and making harder is all they’re interested in.
Charities that ment to help don’t, look at the funding they’ve been given. Redcross took 20cents out of every dollar on the bush fires.
And kept the majority for a disaster fund.
It hard to donate when you know your feeding executives

mrys

Legend Member
Sadly there are few votes to be won by our politicians for the $$ spent eradicating homelessness. Homelessness and poverty should be at the top of our national funding list but are all but forgotten in the pre election cash splash! We need a PM with a vision and a heart to champion the cause but I can't see anyone even close to that in any political party right now.

DickieWu

Gold Member
The homes itself look alot like those "lifestyle estate" (My first impression is just another way to build retirement villages)
Unfortunately, like most business, the developer probably can built these type of estate with reasonable price but they are there to make money.
Sometimes I feel a lot of the current business owners don't care the affordability of general public, it is almost like "if you can't afford the price I put up, someone else can" which drive up the cost of living. I only wish our income is going up the same rate.

Ayden Perth

New Members
I'm not one to get into politics on here but I agree with @Mrs Langtrees - We as a community vote in our government, if we don't speak up and just sit by, nothing will ever be done about it.

However, with the amount of unused and unprotected land around Perth and regional, there's massive opportunity to make this a reality whether that be utilising government support or the creation of a not-for-profit specifically aimed at this issue who would also be able to utilise government grants and subsidies.

Just my opinion :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I'm not one to get into politics on here but I agree with @Mrs Langtrees - We as a community vote in our government, if we don't speak up and just sit by, nothing will ever be done about it.

However, with the amount of unused and unprotected land around Perth and regional, there's massive opportunity to make this a reality whether that be utilising government support or the creation of a not-for-profit specifically aimed at this issue who would also be able to utilise government grants and subsidies.

Just my opinion :)
someone is listening....

mrys

Legend Member
The quarantine facility under construction in Bullsbrook presents a perfect opportunity for the state and federal governments to do something meaningful to help. It's original purpose is now redundant but as a safe haven for homeless, victims of DV etc it would be a perfect "transition" place. With a rehab facility , psychiatric and psychological support, police protection etc etc it could make a massive difference to so many. It would be a great way of turning a white elephant into a white knight!!

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
The quarantine facility under construction in Bullsbrook presents a perfect opportunity for the state and federal governments to do something meaningful to help. It's original purpose is now redundant but as a safe haven for homeless, victims of DV etc it would be a perfect "transition" place. With a rehab facility , psychiatric and psychological support, police protection etc etc it could make a massive difference to so many. It would be a great way of turning a white elephant into a white knight!!
That is a great idea only hope you can get a support group together and make that dream come true.

mrys

Legend Member
That is a great idea only hope you can get a support group together and make that dream come true.
I'm glad you think the idea has some merit. I've been thinking about it for a while but had some doubts as to wether it was a good idea or not. I'm going to make a nuisance of myself with some politicians and see what happens. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
I'm glad you think the idea has some merit. I've been thinking about it for a while but had some doubts as to wether it was a good idea or not. I'm going to make a nuisance of myself with some politicians and see what happens. Nothing ventured nothing gained!
If the Polly's don't listen or lift a finger to help try a Facebook go fund me type of group it is a good idea.

mrys

Legend Member
If the Polly's don't listen or lift a finger to help try a Facebook go fund me type of group it is a good idea.
The way I look at it is if I approach the right people and they say no then I can go to social media and paint them (accurately) as uncaring bastards. Sadly most politicians only take action to save themselves or to win votes.

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
I’ve lived both sides of the tracks home wise.

I enjoyed my simple design home far better than anything complex. My farmhouse was awesome.

Too many regulations prevent people setting up a simple, cheap transportable on a block of land in cities or regional centres.

A lot of bureaucratic BS and not enough of getting things done.

mrys

Legend Member
Ill help if you want...
Thank you Mrs Langtrees, I'm no expert at this so any and all help is most welcome!. The first thing I need to do is research to get the facts and statistics etc correct prior to any formal communication with decision makers. How many homeless are there, where are they, what age ranges, what cultural backgrounds etc. How many victims of DV can't find emergency accommodation on any given week. What about at risk children and the disabled (I'm assuming the Bullsbrook facility is being built disabled friendly) If I get the facts wrong then my proposal will fail almost immediately. Apart from Mr Google I have some friends in govt who may be able to help with information (if they are able to do so) but any additional information and keeping the idea on track and focused would be a great help!