How to deal with a bad situation at work. That is affecting your mental health.

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
Sometimes you have to take the high road & just let things go. Or your mental heath can be affected by others in the work pkace.

Here are some tips if you are feeling like someone is killing your sparkle.
💥💥💥💥

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212-052851_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221212-052851_Google.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
Sometimes you have to take the high road & just let things go. Or your mental heath can be affected by others in the work pkace.

Here are some tips if you are feeling like someone is killing your sparkle.
💥💥💥💥
An old quote i remember, is if the kitchen is to hot for you. Get out.
It is the best thing to do for yourself.
🤗🤗

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
Over the years I’ve passed through some extremely toxic workplaces.

Value yourself to not get caught up in toxic behaviour. Be the change you wish to see in the workplace.

Don’t spread gossip or disparaging remarks about management or others, let any venom stop at you.

When en-route home stop for a coffee, breath, disarm, don’t take the toxicity home. Compartmentalise it if possible.

Long-term a toxic workplace, if unwilling to change it’s culture, will only grind you down or change you.

Have an exit plan for emergency even a safety net of funds modestly put away each pay. Doesn’t need to be much but every little bit counts.

Above all have courage to force change and know when enough is enough.

I was pressured to work unsafely and threatened with dismissal so I showed dignity and quit. In reality it saved my life.

Everyone can be replaced in a workplace but amongst family and friends you are hard to replace.

Never feel locked in or stuck in an unhealthy situation, there is always a way through or out.

Some workplaces were so toxic I kept my colleagues just as work associates and invested no time in them outside work. Professional distancing.

Above all, respect yourself, show respect to others (even if undeserving), be courageous, practice self-care.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member

Value yourself to not get caught up in toxic behaviour. Be the change you wish to see in the workplace.

Don’t spread gossip or disparaging remarks about management or others, let any venom stop at you.

When en-route home stop for a coffee, breath, disarm, don’t take the toxicity home. Compartmentalise it if possible.

Long-term a toxic workplace, if unwilling to change it’s culture, will only grind you down or change you.

Have an exit plan for emergency even a safety net of funds modestly put away each pay. Doesn’t need to be much but every little bit counts.

I was pressured to work unsafely and threatened with dismissal so I showed dignity and quit. In reality it saved my life.

Everyone can be replaced in a workplace but amongst family and friends you are hard to replace.

Never feel locked in or stuck in an unhealthy situation, there is always a way through or out.

Some workplaces were so toxic I kept my colleagues just as work associates and invested no time in them outside work. Professional distancing.

Above all, respect yourself, show respect to others (even if undeserving), be courageous, practice self-care.

After a toxic event, how long do you think you should go without speaking? Especially when you work in close quarters and there has be some communication eventually.

WildBrumby

Legend Member
After a toxic event, how long do you think you should go without speaking? Especially when you work in close quarters and there has be some communication eventually.
Every situation presents itself uniquely and equally needs individual evaluation.

Does it need addressing immediately because it is harmful? Does it need ignoring because it’s juvenile?

Communication needs to never stop, work related communication needs to still flow. That’s when you need to remain professional.

If you’re given the silent treatment and it inhibits work productivity address it before it festers.

I’m surprised how juvenile people can be in professional workplaces.

In toxic workplaces people became quick to see they could approach me professionally but not to bring any juvenile behaviour to me. I became a stone in the stream.

Last edited:

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member

Thank ypu ypu so much.
When in need of advice. Reading this will help, many i am sure.

Sometimes we just need to hear this. As a reminder

Thank you for your words of
wisdom. 🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
Every situation presents itself uniquely and equally needs individual evaluation.

Does it need addressing immediately because it is harmful? Does it need ignoring because it’s juvenile?

Communication needs to never stop, work related communication needs to still flow. That’s when you need to remain professional.

If you’re given the silent treatment and it inhibits work productivity address it before it festers.

I’m surprised how juvenile people can be in professional workplaces.

In toxic workplaces people became quick to see they could approach me professionally but not to bring any juvenile behaviour to me. I became a stone in the stream.
I also find that when there is two set of rules.

Not the same across the board, this presents itself as favoritism.

In return causes conflict between workers.

Also confusion, in what is accepted & not.

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
❤️ reading this. Great to hear.
You put your safety first. 🤗

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Just remember, they are work colleagues.

You do not have to be best friends.

Save your friendships for those you like.

Cheers
Reported for my shift this lunchtime and it was like nothing had happened. ( This happened Friday).

But yes, keeping it professional is good advice, especially for someone who doesn't make friends easily to begin with.

WildBrumby

Legend Member
Reported for my shift this lunchtime and it was like nothing had happened. ( This happened Friday).

But yes, keeping it professional is good advice, especially for someone who doesn't make friends easily to begin with.
Hope you find some resolution, doesn’t sound too good for you presently.