How to Catch a girlfriend

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
How to get yourself a date with a working lady

IMG_4004.jpeg

doob

Legend Member
Remember this lady when she dated Colin Barnett's son?
1694605207812.png

1694605235817.png

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...n/news-story/a4d7b5847b51c8b5071b1af661d50b32

MELISSA Garbin said it was “just another Tuesday” when Sam Barnett, Premier Colin Barnett’s jetsetting son, lavished her with thousands of dollars in gifts last month.
The 26-year-old property investor picked up his girlfriend in a flash limo, before giving her a pair of 18-carat diamond earrings and about $3000 in cash, which they spent at Crown Perth.

Barnett Jr said he booked the 10-seater vehicle because it had a screen separating the driver from passengers.

“And I wanted some privacy,” he said.

The couple quaffed $500 glasses (yes, glasses) of bubbly at Crown’s La Vie Champagne Lounge and dined at Rockpool Bar & Grill before hitting the high-roller room and bedding down in a luxury hotel suite.

Melissa Garbin poses in the back of a limousine.

Melissa Garbin's boyfriend checklist

How do we know?

Garbin posted photos, including one of her new earrings perched on a pile of cash, on social media.

She also placed a big tick next to her “boyfriend checklist”, which included a “pile of money to gamble” and a “King suite with a spa”.

Barnett also posted a Facebook photo of Garbin in the back of the limousine, holding a wad of cash.

“My girlfriend only eats oysters,” he wrote. “I wouldn’t have it any other way. Hope you liked my surprise.”
The 21-year-old barmaid and dancer told her Facebook friends that her ”main man” makes it “rain (with money) daily”.
She told Confidential he treats her to gifts “all the time”.
“I’m just unwrapping my new Guess bag that he just bought me as well,” she said from Melbourne, where the couple have been snowboarding this week.
“We kind of eat out all the time so it was just another Tuesday (at Crown Perth),” she said of the photos.
“We like to keep everything adventurous and fun.”
Originally published as WA Premier’s son Sam Barnett cash splash on girlfriend Melissa Garbin

doob

Legend Member
And then... the party's over.

WA Premier’s son pleads guilty over hotel argument charges​

UPDATE: THE son of WA Premier Colin Barnett has been labelled an ‘embarrassment’ after he was fined $1500 over a fight with his girlfriend in a Gold Coast hotel room.
Greg Stolz

3 min read
March 30, 2016 - 4:31PM
WA Premier's son Sam Barnett appeared in Southport Court charged after a domestic dispute. Pics Adam Head

WA Premier's son Sam Barnett appeared in Southport Court charged after a domestic dispute. Pics Adam Head

Crime & Justice

Don't miss out on the headlines from Crime & Justice. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
THE son of WA Premier Colin Barnett has been fined $1500 after pleading guilty to smashing his girlfriend’s laptop and mobile phone during a wild argument in a Gold Coast hotel room.
And the magistrate who sentenced Sam Barnett says he has brought shame and embarrassment on himself and his family.
Barnett, 26, a property investor, pleaded guilty in Southport Magistrates Court to domestic violence-related wilful damage.
It followed an altercation with his now-ex-partner Melissa Garbin at the Grand Chancellor Hotel in Surfers Paradise on February 29.
Sam Barnett and Melissa Garbin.

Sam Barnett and Melissa Garbin.
The court heard police called to the hotel found Ms Garbin in the foyer crying and ‘very distressed’.
They found a ‘severely damaged’ laptop and a smashed mobile phone in the hotel room where the couple had been staying.
The court heard Barnett admitted to bending the phone until it smashed and stomping on the laptop on the hotel balcony.
Barnett appeared via telephone link from Perth and was represented by high-profile Gold Coast criminal lawyer Campbell MacCallum.
Mr MacCallum told the court messages deemed to be ‘inappropriate’ by Ms Garbin were found on the phone and laptop, an argument erupted and Barnett ‘exercised some poor judgement’.
Mr MacCallum said his client was ‘deeply ashamed and remorseful’, with his actions making front-page news in WA.
The lawyer said Barnett had suffered ‘reputational loss’, with business associates seeking to distance themselves from him.
Melissa Garbin poses in the back of a limousine

Melissa Garbin poses in the back of a limousine
Magistrate Barbara Tynan described Barnett’s offending as ‘moderately serious in the circumstances’. She said while there was no physical violence, the damage to Ms Garbin’s property was a ‘demonstration of force’.
Ms Tynan said Barnett had no criminal history and described his behaviour as ‘isolated and aberrant’.
“The very fact that he is who he is and is a member of the (premier’s) family which has a profile in this country means that he draws significant adverse attention to himself by his own behaviour,”. she said.
“He brings embarrassment to himself and his family and no doubt suffered remorse ...
“He is engaged in the business community and to have others know of his conduct does him no credit ... it does him no good.”
Ms Tynan said if Barnett was in court in person, she would have given him a lengthy good behaviour bond.
But she instead imposed a $1500 fine - the same value as the damaged phone and laptop - and did not record a conviction.
Mr MacCallum said Barnett and Ms Garbin had split but remained ‘amicable’, and he had offered to buy her a new phone and laptop.
EARLIER: THE son of WA Premier Colin Barnett has pleaded guilty to smashing his girlfriend’s laptop and mobile phone during a wild argument in a Gold Coast hotel room.
Sam Barnett, 26, pleaded guilty to wilful damage in Southport Magistrates Court today following the early morning confrontation with Melissa Garbin at the luxury Mantra on the Park resort at Broadbeach.
Police were called to the apartment about 3am on February 29 after hotel security heard yelling. Mr Barnett spent about an hour in Southport watch-house.
The young property developer was not present for the case today — he was at home in Perth — but entered the guilty plea through high-profile Gold Coast criminal lawyer Campbell MacCallum.
Mr MacCallum told the court Ms Garbin was not seeking restitution as Sam Barnett, who bought her the laptop and phone as gifts, had offered to buy her new ones.
The lawyer said the pair were still on “amicable” terms despite separating and Mr Barnett was on a good behaviour bond.
Mr Barnett is expected to be sentenced this afternoon.
After the incident last month, Mr Barnett told media outlets he and Ms Garbin had “smashed” each other’s laptops and a mobile phone during an argument about a message he had received from another woman.
“It’s important that people know this isn’t an assault charge,” Mr Barnett said at the time.
“It’s a charge relating to a broken mobile phone and laptops.
Speaking earlier this month after his first appearance at Southport court, Mr Barnett said he was confident of beating the charge.
He said he had not spoken with his father about the incident but his mother was “not thrilled’’.
“I have to be careful because the matter’s still before the court but I’m very confident of the charge being dropped,” he told reporters.
“The police have been wonderful to work with and together, we’re coming up with a just outcome for all parties.”
Mr Barnett emphasised that it was a property damage case only.
“When people hear the connotation domestic violence, they immediately think it was something very different to the events that transpired,” he said.
“I haven’t spoken to dad — I think dad probably believes I’m capable of handling this by myself.
“I’ve spoken to mum and mum’s not thrilled.”

doob

Legend Member

WA Premier's son Sam Barnett charged after Gold Coast incident with girfriend​

Brendan Foster

By Brendan Foster

Updated March 1, 2016 — 9.14am

The son of WA Premier Colin Barnett has laughed off getting charged with property damage on the Gold Coast, claiming it "was just one of those stupid nights out."
Sam Barnett and his girlfriend Melissa Garbin were charged after smashing each other's laptops and phones.
Sam. the son of WA Premier Colin Barnett, chats with 6PR about a Gold Coast hotel incident in which he and his girlfriend were charged with property damage.

Their loud arguing reportedly caused security to call the police to the hotel in the early hours of Monday morning.
"It was one of those stupid nights out on the Gold Coast where she broke my laptop and I broke hers," Mr Barnett told Radio 6PR on Tuesday morning.

Sam Barnett faces charges after a fight with his girlfriend Melissa Garbin got heated.

Sam Barnett faces charges after a fight with his girlfriend Melissa Garbin got heated.
"My laptop was the first one to go, but when you are having one of those evenings these things do happen. Every couple has situations where things don't go according to plan and the Gold Coast is synonymous with that."
Mr Barnett said the dispute never turned violent.
"It's one of those very unfortunate situations where the police actually said to me, 'I feel wrong doing it but unfortunately under the new legislation in Queensland I have to do it'," he said.
"But his words were it was really an unfortunate mess. The situation certainly wasn't like a movie scene or something like that or any domestic violence stuff."

Ms Garbin hinted there was trouble in paradise on her Facebook page.

Ms Garbin hinted there was trouble in paradise on her Facebook page.CREDIT: FACEBOOK
The interview took a bizarre twist when 6PR Breakfast host Basil Zempilas asked Mr Barnett if the argument started after he received a text from another woman.
"I don't really won't to go into that because you know one of the people," he laughed.
Sam Barnett submitted a written promise not to engage in certain behaviours.

Sam Barnett submitted a written promise not to engage in certain behaviours.CREDIT: FACEBOOK
"I wouldn't want to go down that path."

The 26-year-old property developer said the argument wasn't fuelled by booze.
"No I don't drink," he said.
"I gave up alcohol on New Year's Eve. There certainly wasn't alcohol involved.
"It was a dumb thing to do. I wouldn't call it a wise decision."
Mr Barnett said he was yet to speak to his father.

"I haven't spoken to dad, but I spoke to mum and she wasn't pleased," he said.
"These things get resolved and I'm confident that will happen."
He wouldn't say if he had patched things up with his girlfriend, who had moved to another hotel to "avoid the media attention."
"As I'm doing this interview just outside our door here there are 15 or 20 different media so I thought for the sake of keeping things nice and easy I would just put her up in a different hotel next to my hotel," he said.
Mr Barnett said he sought some unusual advice before heading into court on Tuesday morning.

"I didn't have to go but I chose to do, instead of having a lawyer represent me," he said.
"I've never been in a courtroom before but I was watching Judge Judy last night so maybe that will help me out."
Ms Garbin had earlier hinted there was trouble in paradise in a Facebook post last Wednesday:
"LAST WARNING LAPTOP & PHONE...or it will be a flying lesson off my balcony, followed by a swim in the ocean!!!" she posted.
In subsequent Facebook posts, she made reference to both her damaged phone and the reported messages from other women.

"Making damaged phones a fashion statement," one post read.
"If he's deleting his browsing history. DELETE THAT FOOL!!!," another stated.
In December last year, Mr Barnett claimed he was attacked at the Metro Nightclub in Perth which left him with minor injuries.
The property developer did not pursue charges against his attacker.

doob

Legend Member

Sam Barnett: How former WA premier’s bankrupt, serial conman son has reinvented himself​

Headshot of John Flint
John FlintThe West Australian
Tue, 21 February 2023 2:00AM
John Flint
Serial conman Sam Barnett has reinvented himself as a pub manager.
Mr Barnett was yesterday performing a management role at the historic Freemasons Hotel in Toodyay, close to where his parents, including former WA Premier Colin Barnett, live.

doob

Legend Member
What's this guy's secret? I can't get even one date with a supermodel and this guy has babes eating out of his hand. He must be a RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY nice guy. I'm sure the money has nothing to do with it. Women are not that shallow.

Last edited:

doob

Legend Member

The politician's son, the swimwear model and the holiday from hell: WA Premier’s son slapped with AVO as he arrives back at airport from trip after 'fall out' with girlfriend​

• Sam Barnett, 27, and model Samantha Shvetsova started dating in April
  • They reportedly argued in a taxi during Shanghai trip earlier this month
  • After an alleged incident, Mr Barnett issued with 72-hour restraining order
  • He was ordered to appear at court on August 18 but matter was deferred
  • Mr Barnett sent an email to Ms Shvetsova, 29, calling the situation 'tacky'
  • In February, Mr Barnett was charged with damaging ex-girlfriend's laptop
By LUCY MAE BEERS and BELINDA CLEARY FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

The West Australian Premier's son has been served with a restraining order after an alleged incident with his swimwear model ex-girlfriend.
Sam Barnett, 27, and Samantha Shvetsova, 29, started dating in April and the pair travelled to Shanghai, China earlier this month for a week-long business trip.
The couple split up on August 15 following an argument in a taxi and Mr Barnett was issued a 72-hour restraining order on his return to Perth airport, The Sunday Times reported.

But Mr Barnett's spokesperson issued a statement on Saturday saying the property developer would fight the restraining order in court.
Sam Barnett, 27, and Samantha Shvetsova, 29, (both pictured) started dating in April and the pair travelled to Shanghai, China earlier this month for a week-long business trip

Sam Barnett, 27, and Samantha Shvetsova, 29, (both pictured) started dating in April and the pair travelled to Shanghai, China earlier this month for a week-long business trip
The couple split up on August 15 following an argument in a taxi and Mr Barnett was issued a 72-hour restraining order on his return to Perth airport

+17
View gallery
The couple split up on August 15 following an argument in a taxi and Mr Barnett was issued a 72-hour restraining order on his return to Perth airport
The details of the alleged incident leading to the restraining order are unknown.
The temporary order stated Mr Barnett must stay 20 metres away from Ms Shvetsova and refrain from contacting her.

He was ordered to appear before court on August 18 but it was deferred until September 9. It is believed Ms Shvestsova is seeking to extend the restraining order.
Daily Mail Australia contacted Ms Shvestsova but she declined to comment.
Mr Barnett sent his ex-girlfriend an email after the order had expired, labelling the situation 'tacky,' according to The Sunday Times.
'I’m writing this email for my own protection and to mitigate damage in the media for myself,' it said.
Mr Barnett's spokesperson issued a statement on Saturday saying the property developer would fight the restraining order in court and claimed the Miss Universe finalist was seeking '$10,000 in return for silence on the issue'

Mr Barnett's spokesperson issued a statement on Saturday saying the property developer would fight the restraining order in court and claimed the Miss Universe finalist was seeking '$10,000 in return for silence on the issue'
The temporary order stated Mr Barnett must stay 20 metres away from Ms Shvetsova and refrain from contacting her

The temporary order stated Mr Barnett must stay 20 metres away from Ms Shvetsova and refrain from contacting her
37A5801300000578-3762062-image-a-15_1472367062645.jpg

Mr Barnett sent his ex-girlfriend an email after the order had expired, labelling the situation 'tacky'
Mr Barnett started dating Ms Shvetsova in April after they met through their parents

Mr Barnett started dating Ms Shvetsova in April after they met through their parents
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Mr Barnett for further comment.
Mr Barnett started dating Ms Shvetsova in April after they met through their parents and said his friends did not believe the news at first.
'No one believed me, everyone knows who Samantha is and thought I wasn't being serious,' Mr Barnett told Daily Mail Australia in July.
'My best mate messaged me and said ''whatever you do don't mess this one up''.
'[Ms Shvetsova] has had a great impact on my life she is extremely focused where I tend to be all over the place.
37A5802700000578-3762062-image-m-22_1472367228201.jpg

'No one believed [we were dating], everyone knows who Samantha is and thought I wasn't being serious,' Mr Barnett told Daily Mail Australia in July
Ms Shvetsova is a model and has won titles such Australian Swimwear Model of the Year - National Winner and Miss Bikini World Australia

Ms Shvetsova is a model and has won titles such Australian Swimwear Model of the Year - National Winner and Miss Bikini World Australia
The couple made their public debut at the Heart Foundation Red Hot Winter Ball in Perth in April

+17
View gallery
The couple made their public debut at the Heart Foundation Red Hot Winter Ball in Perth in April
Sam is the son of West Australian Premier Colin Barnett (pictured)

+17
View gallery
Sam is the son of West Australian Premier Colin Barnett (pictured)
'We jog every morning and go to the gym in the afternoon.
The couple made their public debut at the Heart Foundation Red Hot Winter Ball in Perth.
'Being with Sam feels like being with an old friend,' Ms Shvetsova told Daily Mail Australia in July.
'He is an easy person to get along with and I enjoy his company.'
Ms Shvetsova is a model and has won titles such Australian Swimwear Model of the Year - National Winner and Miss Bikini World Australia.
'Being with Sam feels like being with an old friend,' Ms Shvetsova told Daily Mail Australia in July

+17
View gallery
'Being with Sam feels like being with an old friend,' Ms Shvetsova told Daily Mail Australia in July
In February, Mr Barnett pleaded guilty to wilful damage to property after damaging his ex-partner Melissa Garbin's (both pictured) computer and phone

+17
View gallery
In February, Mr Barnett pleaded guilty to wilful damage to property after damaging his ex-partner Melissa Garbin's (both pictured) computer and phone
In 2008 she was the Miss Universe Australia national finalist.
In February, Mr Barnett pleaded guilty to wilful damage to property after damaging his ex-partner's computer and phone.
He dated 21-year-old Melissa Garbin in February and the pair were holidaying on the Gold Coast when police were called to their Surfers Paradise unit.
He was fined $1500 but no conviction was recorded.
37A57FEB00000578-3762062-image-m-35_1472367349638.jpg

+17
View gallery
37A57FF700000578-3762062-image-a-36_1472367359995.jpg

+17
View gallery

He dated Ms Garbin (pictured) in February and the pair were holidaying on the Gold Coast when police were called to their Surfers Paradise unit
He was fined $1500 but no conviction was recorded

+17
View gallery
He was fined $1500 but no conviction was recorded

johnmatilda

Diamond Member
What's this guy's secret? I can't get even one date with a supermodel and this guy has babes eating out of his hand. He must be a RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY nice guy. I'm sure the money has nothing to do with it. Women are not that shallow.

Money and being a "bad" boy has everything to do with it. Everything else is boring and doesn't bring about the tingles. Just watch The Tinder Swindler for affirmation.

doob

Legend Member
I don't understand how women are attracted to:
1. Bad men with criminal behaviour
2. Bad boy looks.
3. Guys with lots of dollars and little sense.

There's not much hope for the sensitive new age guys or considerate men of the world is there?

johnmatilda

Diamond Member
Very little hope. Perhaps better luck if you become a passport bro.

It's a primeval instinct. Back then, females would choose a mate who was big and strong who could give her children and protect her and their offspring to continue the genetic line. Such a strong man was well known in his tribe and had status. The scrawny guy didn't get a second look.

It's the same today except we don't fight off wild animals, fight tribes and hunt. However, the instinct remains, it's coded in the female DNA which is why they say one thing (I want a man who is in touch with his feelings, is a good guy, doesn't sleep around etc) but instead they choose the opposite (still wants a bad boy who doesn't give a f**K, has many options of women to choose from [women chase after such men because they are of value and want to be the one he chooses], women mostly choose and marry up not down).

The bad men are the ones who can likely protect her, they don't give a f**K, have chiseled looks, fit, tall, strong etc and have money/status. That's why they want the six foot guy with a six figure income, with a six pack and a six inch boner. In short, she is choosing the best for herself. Problem is, pretty much every woman wants such a man but they aren't many such men.

**Speaking from my own personal observations of the world around me. Based on anecdotal evidence.

Let the discussions/flaming begin!

I don't understand how women are attracted to:
1. Bad men with criminal behaviour
2. Bad boy looks.
3. Guys with lots of dollars and little sense.

There's not much hope for the sensitive new age guys or considerate men of the world is there?

doob

Legend Member
The bad men are the ones who can likely protect her, they don't give a f**K, have chiseled looks, fit, tall, strong etc and have money/status. That's why they want the six foot guy with a six figure income, with a six pack and a six inch boner. In short, she is choosing the best for herself. Problem is, pretty much every woman wants such a man but they aren't many such men.

So why do people like Kerry/Jamie Packer, Sam Barnett, Mick Jagger etc score the babes then? They're hardly prize physical specimens are they? I reproduce the following to inspire discussion.

MELISSA Garbin said it was “just another Tuesday” when Sam Barnett, Premier Colin Barnett’s jetsetting son, lavished her with thousands of dollars in gifts last month.
The 26-year-old property investor picked up his girlfriend in a flash limo, before giving her a pair of 18-carat diamond earrings and about $3000 in cash, which they spent at Crown Perth.

Barnett Jr said he booked the 10-seater vehicle because it had a screen separating the driver from passengers.

The couple quaffed $500 glasses (yes, glasses) of bubbly at Crown’s La Vie Champagne Lounge and dined at Rockpool Bar & Grill before hitting the high-roller room and bedding down in a luxury hotel suite.

How do we know?

Garbin posted photos, including one of her new earrings perched on a pile of cash, on social media.

She also placed a big tick next to her “boyfriend checklist”, which included a “pile of money to gamble” and a “King suite with a spa”.

Barnett also posted a Facebook photo of Garbin in the back of the limousine, holding a wad of cash.

“My girlfriend only eats oysters,” he wrote. “I wouldn’t have it any other way. Hope you liked my surprise.”
The 21-year-old barmaid and dancer told her Facebook friends that her ”main man” makes it “rain (with money) daily”.
“I’m just unwrapping my new Guess bag that he just bought me as well,” she said from Melbourne, where the couple have been snowboarding this week.
“We kind of eat out all the time so it was just another Tuesday (at Crown Perth),” she said of the photos.

johnmatilda

Diamond Member
So why do people like Kerry/Jamie Packer, Sam Barnett, Mick Jagger etc score the babes then? They're hardly prize physical specimens are they? I reproduce the following to inspire discussion.

Melissa Garbin's boyfriend checklist's boyfriend checklist

How do we know?

What is common among all those you listed? Money. Money = fame = power = status = safety = provider.