• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

How much should we cap a fund raiser for a Bush Fire Victim that is a forum member?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I want to start a charity fund for a bushfire victim, that is also a forum member. I know Facebook have a system, are their any other systems out their that we can send our money to and it directly goes to the family we are helping out?

C

Crimson Idol No More

I want to start a charity fund for a bushfire victim, that is also a forum member. I know Facebook have a system, are their any other systems out their that we can send our money to and it directly goes to the family we are helping out?
A go fund me page is very easy to set up & it will get an astronomical amount of traffic/publicity.
Hope this helps

Marnie

Marnie Reception VIP Perth
Gold Member
I agree with Crimson Idol, a GoFundMe page is a great way to raise funds for a direct person/ family

You get to name the donations page whatever you like and write up an informative piece (as long or short as you like) that lets the everyone know why you're raising funds for this person. then you can send out the link.
People can donate as much or little as they like and be anonymous if they choose or leave messages with their donations. As far as I know, there is no setup costs and all donations go straight to the creator of the fund after the date has been reached (which also can be set as long or short as you want to let people donate)
xx

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
We are going to start a fund for a forum member that lost every thing he owns in the bushfire. He will post on a daily basis to let us know the problems faced with a tragety like this, and we get to support a family on a personal basis.
I think it should be capped to a certain amount and need feedback from members. I think it should be $50,000 cap even though I think we could only raise $10,000-$20,000 but who knows.

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tania Admin

We are going to start a fund for a forum member that lost every thing he owns in the bushfire. He will post on a daily basis to let us know the problems faced with a tragety like this, and we get to support a family on a personal basis.
I think it should be capped to a certain amount and need feedback from members. I think it should be $50,000 cap even though I think we could only raise $10,000-$20,000 but who knows.
Depends,,did the member own their home? Did they have home, contents and car insurance? (If they lost their vehicle too).
Did they lose their business? (Again any insurance?)

I think once we know a little more about this person's situation then we can put a figure on the cap.

Or once a certain amount is reached the rest could go to perhaps an animal sanctuary or something similar that's aiding our burnt native fauna in the members area "as such".

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
If I was in a house in one of these areas and my house got destroyed I would not go back, I would take my insurance money and rebuild or buy elsewhere, it would be too traumatic to live in an area again like that, I admire those that do this, but for me I wouldn't live there ever again, I hope this member gets back to normality as soon as possible and rebuilds another life for themselves.

Depends,,did the member own their home? Did they have home, contents and car insurance? (If they lost their vehicle too).

That is a very good point.