• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

how many chances do we deserve?

G

gr8stuff

I agree she does need our support,

For the knockers
What if this happened to a family member

L

ladyj

The whole situation sucks, but what annoys me more is that for some reason more people don't choose and put in place the measures to be a organ donator. Due to this these massive lines build up and people die waiting.

A

Alecia the Foxx

I agree with ladyj - that's why I am down to be a donor. They can use whatever they want from me. Hopefully it's not all stuffed by the time they get to it lol ;D

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Ive got no time for Junkies.If it was just them they were hurting fine. But it seems no ones stopped to think where shes got all her cash from to shoot up her arm.

Almost certainly theft or/and "working" in which case hed be giving genuine WLs a bad name.
Id like to see her enied treatment on the basi that that wold be a few less houses broke into if nothing else.
As forthe kids - theyll bealot better off without a crack ho for a mum

F

Farm Boy

Claire Murray Undergoing surgery to correct blood clot March 31 Claire had her liver transplant 14 days ago.

G

gr8stuff

My Thoughts are with Claire and her family tonight as she fights to survive.

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Which ever way one looks at it a life is a LIFE... and sadly for Claire and her children and family she is no more, having passed away today.

F

fukmee

Because organs are in short supply unfortunately doctors had to make a decision about the most effective use of those organs available. It was hard for them and hard for the young mother.

If every Australian or most Australians became organ donors such decisions as these may not be necessary. I have ticked the box to donate all of my organs although I'm not sure if they will be of any use when the day comes! Assuming that there are sufficient organs available lifestyle questions become somewhat irrelevant - it is simply a matter of giving someone a new life.

stevell

Silver Member
Good Job she's dead she had 3 goes at life and chose drugs for two of them,so I just feel for her family who are left with that junkies bill,what a waste of time she is.
I'm a quadraplegic,you don't see me getting a second chance at walking,and the government ain't going to give me shit.

M

Minxxy

I dont think this girl deserved to die
But I also dont think she deserved govt funding for a second chance

You see many families with sick children in the newspaper and on TV fundraising for life saving operations where they need to travel interstate and overseas - I dont see the govt giving them interest free loans, and these are innocent kids.

Yes she was a mother, but if youre going to take that into consideration, you should also note that she obviously didnt when she chose to get back on the drugs.

The backlash of people who have removed themselves from the organ donation list really irks me because we already have so many people sick and waiting for donor organs, many who will die waiting and now the actions of this girl has made that situation worse.

A

Alecia the Foxx

Yes I agree - children deserve to be the recipients first.:angel1:

svengali

Foundation Member
Good Job she's dead she had 3 goes at life and chose drugs for two of them,so I just feel for her family who are left with that junkies bill,what a waste of time she is.
I'm a quadraplegic,you don't see me getting a second chance at walking,and the government ain't going to give me shit.

That is an unnecessarily spiteful remark.

A life is a life,and this girl had people who loved her enough to put everything on the line, including the donor risking her own life, to try to save her. Had she survived who knows what she may have done with the rest of her life?

I, too, have no time for junkies but what you have posted here says more about you than it does about Claire Murray.

F

Farm Boy

Can not be 100 percent true state + fed gov helps every one in some way if you stop and think about it.

G

gr8stuff

You have every right to be upset at the hand life has dealt you,
But don't you think if there was any chance of reversing your predicament it would be done!

To have watched this story unfold and to hear both sides of the argument in many forms of press and media outlets.
I am amazed at the self centred negativity that has been produced.

Organ donation is a marvellous thing, there maybe people on this forum that have now decided to ensure that their organs if suitable would be given if the chance presents itself.
I applaude you!

as for saying the children should come first is an honourable thing,
However it is not as simple as this.
The recipient needs to find a suitable donor.
Very much like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I live in hope that some form of donation is a mandatory thing,
by saying this
I mean that everyone becomes a donor, unless they specify not to be.

Like her or not
Clair Murray has brought organ donation to the forefront.

If you have a chance please listen to her last few interviews.

L

Langtrees.com

Claire Murry didn't deserve the first transplant or ant other medical intervention. My sympathies lay with her children for all the times she was absent from ther lives because she was too high to love them. She didn't deserve children and now those angels will have a chance to grow up in a house filled with love and joy where they are second to none. Clair can rot in hell for all i care. She didn't deserve the life she was given.

S

SimpleSimon

No one else has mentioned this yet so here's my 2cents.

N# 1 I don't agree with a government who says "No you can't go on the list to have another kidney, but here's $258,000 to get 1 from somewhere else" To me that is double standards if you wont give her one then don't pay for it either.

N# 2 They refused her a kidney and loaned her the money. Then it turns out she would be getting a living donation from her Aunt. Why then did they not carry out the operation here in Perth?? It stands to reason that it would be cheaper to have it done here in Perth than to fly overseas. Secondly and no disrespect to the Singapore government or health system but there is a possibility she would have had a better outcome here. Who knows.

As Missy has said above I really don't care either way as she wasn't part of my life so I wont miss her. I am however sad for her children who have lost their mother. I hope they have a lot of love and support throughout their grieving and into the future.

M

Mary Anne PA

N# 1 I don't agree with a government who says "No you can't go on the list to have another kidney, but here's $258,000 to get 1 from somewhere else" To me that is double standards if you wont give her one then don't pay for it either.

N# 2 They refused her a kidney and loaned her the money. Then it turns out she would be getting a living donation from her Aunt. Why then did they not carry out the operation here in Perth?? It stands to reason that it would be cheaper to have it done here in Perth than to fly overseas. Secondly and no disrespect to the Singapore government or health system but there is a possibility she would have had a better outcome here. Who knows.

As Missy has said above I really don't care either way as she wasn't part of my life so I wont miss her. I am however sad for her children who have lost their mother. I hope they have a lot of love and support throughout their grieving and into the future.

From what I remember they cant do a live liver donation in WA (but I think they do them in Sydney?) and Aussie doctors had refused her as a patient, due to her drug use. NZ then refused to treat her also.

Im also keen to know if this loan scheme will now be offered to all patients waiting for transplants/operations.

F

Farm Boy

I don't know what the state Gov. thinking was but maybe it it goes , ( one) Had her chance . (two)Transplant failed because of drug use public health system has arbitrarily rules on this. no more theater time or organs available. ( three) State will not overrule Public Health administrator but will give a two year lone to family (four) family finds organ pays for theater in private hospitable. first NZ then Singapore.

Tannerone

Gold Member
All this and now the Minister says he doesn't think the Government will push for the loan to be repaid ! ... Excuse me, but this is OUR money and WE want it back. By the way, Minister, I need a non-repayable interest-free loan (or should I call it a GIFT) - how about it ??

F

Farm Boy

All this and now the Minister says he doesn't think the Government will push for the loan to be repaid ! ... Excuse me, but this is OUR money and WE want it back. By the way, Minister, I need a non-repayable interest-free loan (or should I call it a GIFT) - how about it ??

And your a young mother facing a preventable death?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Langtrees.com

It was preventable if she had stopped taking drugs. After that her death was inevitable.

M

Mary Anne PA

I agree that the loan should definitely be repaid!
And as a permanent scheme, its a great idea, giving people access to healthcare overseas.
However if it is fully examined I think people will find the family have some generous friends in govt, which is why her dad didnt sell any of his businesses to contribute towards the cost.
Also a 'close family friend' was doctor ONiell, the naltrexone doctor, which effective removes the effects of heroin, and can 'cure' addicts, (quoted in the Australian) so Im very surprised she didnt have the naltrexone implant to prevent the relapse to drug use

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
A loss of life no matter who is sad.

On another matter I refuse to donate any part of me when I dead or alive because I believe because of this corrupt world the one to receive my organ or organs would be some rich high powered person.
:walk:

L

Louise78

So what if the next one in line isn't a junkie but beats his/her kids in a drunken tirade, takes from the till of those more needy...would they be rejected? If saving a junkie's life for them to no longer live a life of a junkie would be a powerful statement to those trying to stop.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
~~~Mahatma Gandhi

Professional7

Professional 7 ..Here to Enjoy !
Silver Member
Because organs are in short supply unfortunately doctors had to make a decision about the most effective use of those organs available. It was hard for them and hard for the young mother.

If every Australian or most Australians became organ donors such decisions as these may not be necessary. I have ticked the box to donate all of my organs although I'm not sure if they will be of any use when the day comes! Assuming that there are sufficient organs available lifestyle questions become somewhat irrelevant - it is simply a matter of giving someone a new life.
Dont want to enter the debate , but it was a really intersting thread all , thanks for your contributions .. a difficult topic to address .

I would just like to say , now that the young girl is dead ..to those that have not already , please consider becoming an Organ donor , you may just be burning or putting to the ground something that could help a living individual , It really is most important ..and believe me , if you are dead , you are dead ..your organs will be absolutely no use to you , even if you are religous ..So please , It would be nice to see at least 90% of Australians " opt in " , so we as a group ..Whenever your time is , can give others life .