Here is a question for bright IT members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
How does one get a word into the Spell Check. It frustrates me that every time I spellcheck it comes up Lang trees with a space?
Just imagine what this would do to my search engine rankings if I got langtrees into Spell Check.

L

Larry83

There should be a button that allows you to "add to dictionary" if you do this in say Microsoft Word it should keep itself known as that.

Ill look into it a bit further.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
But that would only work on my computer wouldn't it, the question is how do i get it into the world listing? I checked and is it the table of contents for word 2007 version does anyone know.

Last edited:
L

Larry83

Ahh well for that then, I would even suggest contacting Google itself as they are the ones that control the search engines, or at least would know who to speak to.

Hope that helps

N

Naughty Thoughts

If the word "Langtrees" appears on enough sites such that Google see's "langtrees" in a lot of places, especially sites that are not directly related to or owned by the same site then eventually if someone enteres "long trees" Google would say "Did you mean "Langtrees"".

Getting to that stage would take a while.

If you want to add it to the built-in dictionary on things like MSWord or FireFox then you'd need to push to get Langtrees added to the normal Dictionary (such as the Macquarie Dictionary). I'm not sure how to achieve that...

S

sassy sister

New Words

Hi Mary-Anne and All,

Try Wikipedia for starts, just add whatever the word you want and meaning, google tends to pick up on entries.

Give it go or yell I'm happy to help.
Link is broken, so taken down.

Sassy

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Thank You Loneroad, as in "Mission Impossible" you have now accepted your mission and must proceed forward to achieve the desired result. Should you be discovered Loneroad or any of the team that will assist you on this mission you will be dissolved I think you get the meaning.
I copied this from Wikipedia but other battlefronts are calling.

The series, which was created and initially produced by Bruce Geller, follows the missions of the Impossible Missions Force (IMF), a team of secret agents employed by the United States government. The team is sent on covert missions to combat dictators, evil organizations, and (primarily in later episodes) crime lords. On occasion, the IMF is also shown conducting unsanctioned, private missions on behalf of its members. The exact branch of the government overseeing the IMF is never identified, and in the 1980s revival it was suggested the IMF is an independent agency (as the FBI is legally bound to operate only within the U.S.A. and the CIA is likewise bound to only conduct its business outside the U.S.A.) until the first film which was made at the Langley, VA headquarters of the CIA. The IMF Director answered to "the Secretary," who the mission voice said "would disavow any knowledge of your actions" in the event "you or any of your IM Force" were to get "caught or killed," but exactly which secretary was never indicated.

I love spy games, if played for the good against evil only good can survive. We all have an evil thought or two....I've had many in my life...by converting them into good deeds I have found that I can control the odd evil/illegal thought that floats into my mind.

Last edited:
S

sumguy

Not sure of your exact question Mary-Anne K, (MAK?) ;D

On my copy of Word 2000, you type in the word, hit F7 to spell check, and when the dialogue box comes up to point out the error, I click on the "Add" button. Probably something similar on you version if Word.

If you are talking about search engines, most do a cross between words entered and sites selected, and web crawling.

I'm sure there is a way to submit your unique name to search engines, you may need to contact them on how to do that, but I believe it can also be done through tags in the html code.

Googling Langtree's sees you come out at the top anyway. As someone mentioned google offers alternate spelling for most submissions.

I'm assuming you don't want to pay to have your name appear in an ad at the top of the page when someone searches for langtree?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
The question was How do I get the word Langtrees reconized by spell check world wide, so when I do spell check I don't get Lang trees as the option instead.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Yeah, that would be nigh on impossible.

You'll need to either:
  • give a huge wad of cash to the chaps in charge of making dictionaries.
  • give a huge wad of cash to the chaps in software development (at several different companies), or
  • generate a virus that will add the word to users computers.
The only "feasible" option that I can think of is to get it into very widespread use in the U.S. - sort of like you can find the word "Oprah" in the dictionary, but not the word "Uluru" (though that one will show up in an encyclopedia).

The problem is that "Langtrees" is a name, not a word that describes something else. You'd need to get the name diluted as a brand. Like how "Nike" is not in the dictionary because it's the name of a company but "Band aid" is because people use band aid to describe generic adhesive bandages rather than adhesive bandages made by the Band-Aid(TM) Company.

S

sumguy

Yeah, that would be nigh on impossible.

You'll need to either:
  • give a huge wad of cash to the chaps in charge of making dictionaries.
  • give a huge wad of cash to the chaps in software development (at several different companies), or
  • generate a virus that will add the word to users computers.
The only "feasible" option that I can think of is to get it into very widespread use in the U.S. - sort of like you can find the word "Oprah" in the dictionary, but not the word "Uluru" (though that one will show up in an encyclopedia).

The problem is that "Langtrees" is a name, not a word that describes something else. You'd need to get the name diluted as a brand. Like how "Nike" is not in the dictionary because it's the name of a company but "Band aid" is because people use band aid to describe generic adhesive bandages rather than adhesive bandages made by the Band-Aid(TM) Company.

Yes, some kind of whispering campaign. Maybe add it to one of the urban slang dictionaries, and make up your own meaning.

People on the street would say, "Hey I had a langtrees the other night - I'm tired and sore, but satisifed - I hope the stain comes out..." :happy4:

You could just carry a laptop and only work on that.
:cya:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I think we will have to go for the Whisper Solution.
I reckon the guys would score more if they asked the young lady home for Langtrees,instead of do you wanna fuc...... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.