Help finding a new email program needed.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
We use EM client, which is a more secure outllok program.
I hate it with a vengeance, and every time I have found an alternative for @Richard Forum IT to consider, he comes back with the terms and conditions that say the Sex Industry is not welcome to use.
They have been American based.
Does anyone know of a nonamerican program that is easier to use and treats us with respect and fairly?

2.jpg

edbanger

Silver Member
What about thunderbird? By the same organisation that makes the Firefox browser

Its open source and i doubt the software cares about who you are or what industry you're in.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
What about thunderbird? By the same organisation that makes the Firefox browser

Its open source and i doubt the software cares about who you are or what industry you're in.
Did you check the conditions? open source is not so safe and we would have to go to firefox.

SillyOld

Silver Member
Roundcube or Horde worth a look at.

Both options free options with cPanel hosting control panels.

Richard will love them.

The other option is a small CRM like odoo and the hooking directly into a SMTP provider like Mailgun.
@Richard Forum IT

Last edited by a moderator:

edbanger

Silver Member
Did you check the conditions? open source is not so safe and we would have to go to firefox.

"...a free software license, which gives you the right to run the program for any purpose..."

Not sure about open source being more or less safe. Open or closed source software all come with security vulnerabilities. This forum most likely operates using open source software.

And you don't have to switch to Firefox in order to use Thunderbird.

Richard Forum IT

Richard IT
There aren't many professional options in client installable email clients.

• Outlook with serious speed and hinkiness issues partly because of the old school data storage technology.
  • Thunderbird which is pretty cool but is also a bit hinky and uses a flat file data storage technology.
  • Emclient which has speed and uses a sqlite data storage technology.

Interface wise... All different and that is the issue I think. I will spend some time with you tomorrow and force you to love it... No really!

Richard Forum IT

Richard IT
Roundcube or Horde worth a look at.

Both options free options with cPanel hosting control panels.

Richard will love them.

The other option is a small CRM like odoo and the hooking directly into a SMTP provider like Mailgun.
@Richard Forum IT
Richard is not cool with 'cloud' options. Richard also doesn't mind talking about himself in the third party.
We try to keep everything on site or in our data centre servers so we have control.
But... All those options have their place but @Mrs Langtrees would find these options extremely restrictive and impossibly slow as would anyone using them all day.
They do work... So, not as bad as some options!

richm

Gold Member
Zoho is US based with servers based in Oz I believe, but seemingly good for small/medium businesses

SillyOld

Silver Member
Richard is not cool with 'cloud' options. Richard also doesn't mind talking about himself in the third party.
We try to keep everything on site or in our data centre servers so we have control.
But... All those options have their place but @Mrs Langtrees would find these options extremely restrictive and impossibly slow as would anyone using them all day.
They do work... So, not as bad as some options!
Roundcube and Horde can be run on any Lamp environ.